• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
I thinik this is probably the 2nd to worst update. I mean come on what does the extra controls really mean. i mean woooo the wii-mote can be used so what thats no big deal. Beside i just want to hear 2 updates.
1. Will sonic be in it.
2. Online play

and yes the MLG will go on. They still have halo in there (which is pretty boring now) and every other online game.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
OMGZ0rz! I have to say I wasn't expecting that! XD I'm an advocate for looking on the bright of every update, but I have to agree this is probably the best update so far! Sakurai decided to go ahead and make sure he had all bases covered. Both newbies and oldies can be happy now. I'll probably use either the Classic Controller or my good ol' GameCube Contoller. I'll definitely try out all four though!

Man, what an awesome update to end to week on! Of course, now when we get like an item or a How to Play on Monday, people are gonna b**** even more than usual. :p

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sorry if I'm offtopic but does the Classic controllers come with the Wii or are they seperate?

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I just hope they start making GC controllers again., Ive got two and and worried Brawl might finally kill them.

Stryks

Smash Hero
seperate

Anyway, its gonna be hard, if not impossible to short hop with the wiimote, since the buttons arent as sensitive as the ones in the GC controller (dont know how to explain it) and main how the HELL are u supposed to play with the wiimote without the nunchuk?

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
hopefully that rumor of remaking the GC controllers into wii-form (IGN) is true. ill try out all the controls like sakurai said, but its going to be hard to part from my GC controller.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I thinik this is probably the 2nd to worst update. I mean come on what does the extra controls really mean. i mean woooo the wii-mote can be used so what thats no big deal. Beside i just want to hear 2 updates.
1. Will sonic be in it.
2. Online play

and yes the MLG will go on. They still have halo in there (which is pretty boring now) and every other online game.
2nd to worst update, wow do people complain.

Let's all send them e-mails to show more pokemon in pokeballs, because that **** was much better than this.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I accidentally posted this message in the spam thread that got deleted... so here was my thoughts on the controls of the new methods we now know of...

Here's how I think they will work:

Wii remote on side:
D-Pad: Walk
Double tap D-Pad direction: Dash
2: Jump
1: Attack
B: Special Attack
A: Shield
Tilt controller left/right/down while shielding: Roll/Side Dodge
- (select) : Final Smash, or taunt when no Final Smash is available
A+1: Grab
Move controller with force while pressing 1 with direction: Smash attack
I just can't think how to do a running grab. Can't get it all I guess on a single Wii remote

Wii Remote + Nunchuk
Analog: Move-Walk/Run
A: Jump
B: Attack
Z: Special Attack
C: Shield
1: Taunt
2: Final Smash
D-Pad: Like Cube C-Stick
Again, can't think of a grab button, for something like a running grab.

Classic Controller
Left Analog: Move
Right Analog: Like Cube C-Stick
a: Jump
b: Attack
y: Special Attack
x: Jump
R: Shield
RB: Grab
L: Shield
LB: Final Smash
DPad: Taunt

I really like the possibilities of Cube and Classic controllers.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
As for the updates I've got no compliants, they are not always the most eye opening but at least we are getting a steady stream of new screens.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
As for the updates I've got no compliants, they are not always the most eye opening but at least we are getting a steady stream of new screens.
Only two were eye opening for me and those were the delfino plaza level and the groudon 1. I am ok with the latest update i will either use the Gc controller or the wiimote.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
i think this update can tide me over until next week.

@Meta77 - im sorry to hear thats all that you want in this game. it sounds to me that you just want an online sonic game. go wait for that to come out and quite being nit-picky. yea, sonic and online will be awesome, but its not the highlight of the game. seriously.

The Director

Smash Lord
GREAT update today! This was one of the updates I've been waiting for since the site re-opened. (sign me up to use a wavebird, btw)

When you think about it, the remote and nunchuck really aren't that different from a normal controller in terms of button placement. It's very similar to the GC controller. (compare the two)

The only one that raises questions is the remote on it's side. I guess we'll have to wait for more info on that one, but this does give more credibility towards the word that Brawl was playable at the Nintendo summit; they said that the remote was used as a way to control Brawl. At first I didn't believe them, but I guess they were right.

Great update! It will def. tide me over for the the weekend! :chuckle:

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
It just occured to me the that Wii mote alone control scheme ..is much more feasable......if you DONT hold it on the side but instead hold it like a sword ...or some other 2 handed remote shaped object >_<. that way all buttons are easily accessable

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
i think grab will be pressing the a and b trigger at the same time for the nun-chuck mode becuz alot of games for wii have that at grab like the mii chanel and the forceps in trauma center....and is it true that ign said that they will be releasing a gamecube controller for the wii?

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
AWWWW SNAP!! This update was the most satisfying yet. I'd like to see different groups of ppl master each setup. Time to buy a CC...

kaid

Smash Master
Just throwing this out there...

Wiimote-on side controls:

Ground:
^^(hold)jump
^^(click)shorthop
</>walk
>>/<< Run
v Crouch
v+>: crawl
>, 2: tilt A
>+2: Smash A
1 Specials
B shield
A Grab

AIR
^^: Airjump
vv: Fastfall
B+(direction): airdodge
2+(Direction): air moves
1+ (direction): specials
A+ (Direction): air moves

In both controls, + would be pause, and - would be Brawl move

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice update. I wasn't expecting this till E3. I'll probably use the classic controller first to try out something new, then go to GCN controllers. The other two will probably be too complicated imo.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed that Sakurai couldn't think of a way to implement mind control as a control scheme.
Haha me too. I have to agree that wii remote on side will be tough, but the knunchuk+wii remote seems like it sure would be a ton of moving if u can still wave dash and what not in Brawl.

NukeA6

Smash Master
seperate

Anyway, its gonna be hard, if not impossible to short hop with the wiimote, since the buttons arent as sensitive as the ones in the GC controller (dont know how to explain it) and main how the HELL are u supposed to play with the wiimote without the nunchuk?
Thanks! I just may use the nun-chucks (if I don't want to get a Gamecube controller or a Classic controller).

I'm sure there can be a way using just the wii-mote. Just double-tap to run (like in KOF) and press the direction hard if you want to do a smash attack. That's just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom