• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't see how anyone can say they know the pattern when game modes haven't even been added yet, that's just non-sense. If Sakurai followed this pattern we'd never see any game modes.

Tomorrow update is probably going to be on another item, we haven't seen one since Tuesday and they tend to come often.

Fawriel

Smash Master
A pattern doesn't have to be that definite... I could very well imagine that there's a sort of pattern that switches between "small" and "big news" and something inbetween.

I

i8waffles612

I asked "Will Sonic be in Super Smash Bros Brawl"
Reply "Two thumbs up"

Well Sonic is confirmed

XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure we'll get a stage, or a newcomer (betting on metaknight), If I do remember correctly mario and link were revealed, then after Pit was, im not saying its a pattern but who knows...

also since we got an item this week, a how to play, characters, and music, so im guessin well get a stage, just a hunch...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No...... but I had the same idea of setting my title as 'Banned (6points)'. I thought I was the only one who thought of that [not really].

Wrath`

Smash Master
i want them to conferm thje stage with the statue in the middle with the dude holding somthing,so we know what franchise it is from

Stryks

Smash Hero
i want them to conferm thje stage with the statue in the middle with the dude holding somthing,so we know what franchise it is from
Umm that's Pit stage, cause the "guy" is actually the goddess (a girl) named Pelutena, and Pit's the guardian of pelutena, or something like that, so yeah a kid icarus stage...
and work on your spelling XD

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Umm that's Pit stage, cause the "guy" is actually the goddess (a girl) named Pelutena, and Pit's the guardian of pelutena, or something like that, so yeah a kid icarus stage...
and work on your spelling XD
He could have been referring to what is probably a Fire Emblem stage inside the castle with the statues holding up the platforms. If it's outside, though, then it's definitely the Kid Icarus stage.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Well, since he gave us 2 characters yesterday, I'm going to assume we're going to get some little stuff again. My best guess would be an item or a How to Play segment, but if it was stage, or even a song, I'd be pretty happy.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
He could have been referring to what is probably a Fire Emblem stage inside the castle with the statues holding up the platforms. If it's outside, though, then it's definitely the Kid Icarus stage.
yeah that stage does look like fire emblem with the blue and red flags and the castle but he was talking about the pit stage with the statues not castle

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
Him, or snake. Whichever one comes first xD
hmm...i dont think snake will be confirmed JUST yet. sakurai has released all non-unlocked characters, and i did hear on IGN or GameFaQs that snake will be unlockable. i kind feel like he'll get all the starting chars out (if above is true) before releasing snake.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
hmm...i dont think snake will be confirmed JUST yet. sakurai has released all non-unlocked characters, and i did hear on IGN or GameFaQs that snake will be unlockable. i kind feel like he'll get all the starting chars out (if above is true) before releasing snake.
Well, that may be true. I was just going based on he'll be releaseing the newcomers that we already know of first (which may or may not be true, we'll see) before we get to the actual people we don't know about. Sure, he may release metaknight first, but my guess is that if he does, Snake would be one of the next for the newcomers.

But you're right, I think Sakurai said that he would make Snake not a default character since it's only fitting that if he's a "guest" he should be unlockable.

Stryks

Smash Hero
nah IM bettin its in this order:

Metaknight
Wario
Zamus
Snake

I think zamus wont be revealed 'til Samus is, maybe by showing how they transform THEN they'll reveal zamus, and then snake, im guessin this cause neither zamus or snake have appeared in the screenshots, so im guessin theyre waiting til they put their profile in the official site til more screenshots can appear...

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
No doubt the graphics are excellent in this game, especially for the Wii, which doesn't usually promote as high quality. Game play looks very promising as well :)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Ya know...it's not Mr. Sakurai making the models and backgrounds and doing the programming. There's a whole team of 50+ people working on this game.
well he is the director and designer so he has extra effort for getting everyone else to do this.

ah the hell with it, i wish i could be one of these guys making the game!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Ya, it looks that with every 2 veteran fighters confirmed it comes a newcomer one.
Hopefully we'll get mistarrr snake next time.
And, if my memory doesn't fail me, fox is the last veteran we have.
Hopefully a new veteran confirmed.
BUTTSCRATCHA?!

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Ya, it looks that with every 2 veteran fighters confirmed it comes a newcomer one.
Hopefully we'll get mistarrr snake next time.
And, if my memory doesn't fail me, fox is the last veteran we have.
Hopefully an new veteran confirmed.
BUTTSCRATCHA?!
And regular Samus, of course.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Dammit forgot about her.
(Sorry Samus don kill me)
Well, then. The backgrounds DO look beautiful btw.
Looks like Sakurai and company are working their arses off.
And that makes me a happy camper. :)
:) :) :) :)

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Dammit forgot about her.
(Sorry Samus don kill me)
Well, then. The backgrounds DO look beautiful btw.
Looks like Sakurai and company are working their arses off.
And that makes me a happy camper. :)
:) :) :) :)
A game can be pretty and suck monster balls. But i don't think this is the case with SSBB

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
About Mario's recovery:

I'm pretty sure no one has pointed this out (I've been reading through these forums for the past few weeks), but one of the screenshots Sakurai gives shows Mario grabbing the ledge. Click on the picture to enlarge it (or click here). Do you see that bubble enclosing both the ledge and his hands? What's that all about?

I was thinking that there may be a different system in Brawl for grabbing onto the edge. Perhaps that bubble will shield your hands from attacks like Falco's downsmash. Maybe once you grab the ledge, the bubble begins to shrink, and when it pops, you fall off the edge.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom