• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow, I don't know what' s worst. This or the Yoshi ending update.:mad:
Again, they are probably both lead ups into something bigger and better. Sakurai wouldn't give us these seemingly pointless updates for nothing. There's a lead up to them, or they serve some sort of value to something more important down the road. Just be patient, the man knows what he's doing. ;)

@ AxemRed
I bet it would, but those are some intresting observations=never noticed. Actually, Fox uses his mid air kick just off the ground, so that could be short hopping I suppose. Short hopping would be the most retarted thing to remove, so I don't think it's going anywhere, but still intresting observation.

@ Legolastom
Anywhere from about 2 hours, 25 minutes from now to 5 hours 25 minutes from now, but generally it should be at most 4 hours from now. ;)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well it should be there is no reason why it shouldn't and whats up when people chat about the update confirming ledge guarding is returning? it is impossible for it not to!

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Well it should be there is no reason why it shouldn't and whats up when people chat about the update confirming ledge guarding is returning? it is impossible for it not to!
When they say ledge guarding is returning they're talking about the difference between ledguarding in 64 and melee. In 64, you can't roll onto the ledge to prevent your opponent from grabbing the ledge. In Melee you can.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Anybody notice that Mario is backflipping in the pic with his mid-air jump, yet he was knocked off the stage so he faces toward it?

Look. A normal knock-off. I think. He should be double-jumping forward. But...

Alas, he clearly backflips. There are a couple logical reasons, like a previous reverse Fireball (possible but ****ing stupid), a reverse Cape, a new jump animation (hmm.) or a stage spike (long shot). But I felt a need to address that. Cause I'm bored and I need more posts.
Whoa, d.a.m.n, I hadn't noticed that before! My guess is that the first shot was just taken to show him getting hit/jumping backwards. But, more than likely, Mario actually just jumped (faced away from the platform) to get the last pictures of the recovery.

Good catch, though.

~Dac

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Whoa, d.a.m.n, I hadn't noticed that before! My guess is that the first shot was just taken to show him getting hit/jumping backwards. But, more than likely, Mario actually just jumped (faced away from the platform) to get the last pictures of the recovery.

Good catch, though.

~Dac
I honestly think that those 2 shots are not form the same attack. One shot is Mario getting hit, the other is entirely different, where he jumped off the stage himself. Thats just my opinion though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I honestly think that those 2 shots are not form the same attack. One shot is Mario getting hit, the other is entirely different, where he jumped off the stage himself. Thats just my opinion though.
That or Mario can do backflips like he did in SSB64, minus requiring land. I wonder what this all could mean, but like Lemon Drop said, a character update would be awsome! My bet is that on the next character update we'll either get ZSS, MK, or Kiby, but also possilby Pikachu. I bet Sakurai will save Fox, Snake, and possilby even MK as the last few characters to have new profiles. Just a thought.

I

i8waffles612

I'm hoping for a good update J/K lol

Well for all those complaining about these past few "horrible we already know this crap" updates...

STFU

God, some people are new to Brawl, and they might be curious about all this and Sakurai is not forgeting about them at all, and thats why he is having those updates..

and if your thinking "Oh well just screw the noobs"

Screw you

thats all I got to say

P.S. i know people havent been saying this stuff lately but its for the people who have said this today or yesterday or if they plan on doing it again

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yea, I understand how that works sometimes. All is forgiven.

For some reason that rickroll'd joke got annoying to me quick, but the "it's over 9000" joke never seems to. Weird
Especially with Fox's new scouter, lol! I'm gonna laugh so hard if Wofl makes it and has a scouter! I'll be doing Fox and Wolf "It's over 9,000" jokes non-stop on Falco, lol! Who needs online multiplayer when you can do that, lol=??? :laugh: ;) :) :chuckle: :psycho:

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
That joke will never die with Fox's scouter. And like you said, if wolf gets in and has one too, i wouldn't doubt a few brawl pictures of fox and wolf with people typing captions "IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAAAAANDDDD!"

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
SSoH, yeah. When I saw the picture of him far away from Battlefield, I was all "Is this recovering failure?" xD pretty cool update for Mario though, that will rise him up in the tier if he's improved more than what he is.

I really want to get to Yoshi's Island stage, but I'm pretty definite it's not gonna happen.
So I think it'll be the "Edge guard" technique, or something similar.

EDIT:
It's the guy's uB (Mario) that's getting him so far.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
SSoH, yeah. When I saw the picture of him far away from Battlefield, I was all "Is this recovering failure?" xD pretty cool update for Mario though, that will rise him up in the tier if he's improved more than what he is.

I really want to get to Yoshi's Island stage, but I'm pretty definite it's not gonna happen.
So I think it'll be the "Edge guard" technique, or something similar.

EDIT:
It's the guy's uB (Mario) that's getting him so far.

Yea, that is a super up-b. Mario's recovery has MLB'd it a bit. MARIO IS ON THE JUICE!

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
If Mario was on the Juice, Peach would have a black eye.
She would just float around all day, causing mario to take more of it. SSB4, mario can recover from anywhere anytime. God tier plox.

Besides, Mario punching Peach in the face just seems funny. Serves the ***** right for being kidnapped 53 times by a ****ing turtle.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
She would just float around all day, causing mario to take more of it. SSB4, mario can recover from anywhere anytime. God tier plox.

Besides, Mario punching Peach in the face just seems funny. Serves the ***** right for being kidnapped 53 times by a ****ing turtle.
Too true, too true.

I'm going for Stages > Pokemon Stadium. That's my guess for tonight's update.

Black/Light

Smash Master
THERE IT IS! I have been waiting for the Pika profile sence the Link and Mario profiles! I got just what I wanted too. . . they seemed to have pulled a Mario fire ball upgrade for Pika's thunderbolt's look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom