• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasukemaro

Smash Rookie
Why didn't they show the third jump? Do every character have a third jump? And if Mario would of just third jump wouldn't it been alot ezer?

Anyone notice this (turn around) the 2nd smash vid when Pit turns around probably and instant turn aroung?
EHHH! U all probably noticed it already, just trying to get some new tidbit stuff

BentoBox

Smash Master
Mario's UpB is longer and higher, a hint at better recoveries overall? Or me looking to deep into a picture? You decide...
They promised more intense aerial battles! Soon they'll show pics of chars fighting under Final Destination and coming back on top unhurt!

But yeah, I think ur right.

Geez they forgot the tornado and cape recovery, how are newbies ever gunna figure that out lmao???
The internet.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty happy about the update, cause i bet tomorrow's update is gonna be AN EXPLOSION OF NEW AND WONDERFUL THINGS!!!!!! lol not to get my or anyones hopes up but yea...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah todays update is gotta be the lamest one yet, dont get me wrong, I love that were getting updates, but of all the updates this is the worse one IMO...

Taken from the bottom part of the update:
"If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!"

Im guessin will get more techniques, maybe new techniques to prevent the character from grabbing the edge that we dont know already, and the last part, maybe they'll show new aerial techniques, hoping aerial grabs...

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
It seems pretty obvious to me that Mario's recovery has improved. I'll take this as an indication that recoveries on the whole have been improved (where necessary: go to hell, Samus). I suppose the best way to make aerial combat more prevalent is to force you to edge guard more often and allow you to recover after having done it further off the stage.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
Yeah todays update is gotta be the lamest one yet, dont get me wrong, I love that were getting updates, but of all the updates this is the worse one IMO...

Taken from the bottom part of the update:
"If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!"

Im guessing will get more techniques, maybe new techniques to prevent the character from grabbing the edge that we dont know already, and the last part, maybe they'll show new aerial techniques, hoping aerial grabs...
agreed. i LOVE the daily updates, but this one is not very good. i know not everyone is a religious smasher like most of us on here, but i think if sakurai is going to put the "how to play" entries up, then he should also put something else up. i mean, i just want at least 2 entries a day. im not being picky and i think everyone can say "yes" to more entries per section a day.

when i saw that, i immediatly thought of edgehogging. im sure he was talking about aerial-below-or above-the-stage combat, but that was my first impression.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
^ dude that's a weak argument. Face it the update sucked
No kidding, good observation. It was meant to be a weak and sarcastic point, and you took it as being serious.

Im guessin will get more techniques, maybe new techniques to prevent the character from grabbing the edge that we dont know already, and the last part, maybe they'll show new aerial techniques, hoping aerial grabs...
Yea, it could be a new technique, or he may just be referring to what we call edge guarding/hogging. We'll find out in time.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I've lost so much freaking respect for you guys. This update was probably my favorite and the best so far. Besides others. We can tell:

-They've improved Mario's Up B greatly, as seen in the picture.
-Invincibility frames= edgehogs
-They might be improving ALL up b's= aerial combat like they said.
-The jumps are also incredibly far. Look at the double jump rings, and look at the Up B smoke. Weird distance
-Metaknight knows how to pose

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I've lost so much freaking respect for you guys. This update was probably my favorite and the best so far. Besides others. We can tell:

-They've improved Mario's Up B greatly, as seen in the picture.
-Invincibility frames= edgehogs
-They might be improving ALL up b's= aerial combat like they said.
-The jumps are also incredibly far. Look at the double jump rings, and look at the Up B smoke. Weird distance
-Metaknight knows how to pose
Doesn't look like he knows how to edge guard yet, though =/

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Doesn't look like he knows how to edge guard yet, though =/
Too true, but it still is a sorta neat update. Still, I think it's more of a leadup, just like the Yoshi's Story song we got, only probably more of a lead up. Plus seeing how much better jumping is, I can't wait to see the crazy DI! Hopefully it's not TOO crazy at least=just a thought. ;)

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Too true, but it still is a sorta neat update. Still, I think it's more of a leadup, just like the Yoshi's Story song we got, only probably more of a lead up. Plus seeing how much better jumping is, I can't wait to see the crazy DI! Hopefully it's not TOO crazy at least=just a thought. ;)
Well, like some people said, maybe his increased recovery is to make up for his nerfed cape/tornado spin. Or it's just an add-on which will make him even better (keeping the cape recovery).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Maybe the person just decided not to edge guard...<_<

Good to see some more of the character tweaks, though. Here's hoping for Meta Knight's profile...soon.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to see variety, in my opinion. I think it would be boring if every match was just metaknight vs. metaknight, wouldn't you?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I remember my Biology teacher [yes, a teacher] told me how unbalanced Magic became when they introduced some new cards and they had to ban them from official play. Then he went on to say that in the old Street Fighter [was it SF2? I can't remember] only 4 characters stood a chance against themselves, all others were laughed at on sight [especially blanka].

Anyway, my point is, I think Sakurai has done a good job of balancing characters, it wasn't the best, but better than SF days, and I think he will strive to make Brawl maintain a certain level of balance, even if it is Melee's balance.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I have the strange feeling that there will be a thread soon asking about a certain rumor that Metaknight has a shine.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I have the strange feeling that there will be a thread soon asking about a certain rumor that Metaknight has a shine.
Yea, I had that same feeling once someone stringed both "metaknight" and "shine" in the same sentence, and fox/falco were nowhere to be found.

Milos

Smash Lord
If Metaknight has a shine spike, I will **** on him with Pit's all-spike non-meteor-cancellable aerial moveset. Metaknight has jack on Pit. He can suck my balls.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I think Mario's increased recovery is a good thing. Yes, he should be more or less "average," but his specialty is jumping.

Anyway, hopefully this update will quiet some noobs who think edgeguarding is cheap.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Anybody notice that Mario is backflipping in the pic with his mid-air jump, yet he was knocked off the stage so he faces toward it?

Look. A normal knock-off. I think. He should be double-jumping forward. But...

Alas, he clearly backflips. There are a couple logical reasons, like a previous reverse Fireball (possible but ****ing stupid), a reverse Cape, a new jump animation (hmm.) or a stage spike (long shot). But I felt a need to address that. Cause I'm bored and I need more posts.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
no it still looks like his regular mid air jump. the first pic may be just a backflip off instead of mario getting knocked off. his face doesn't seem to be in pain too
Yea, I thought it looked like him jumping, too. His face isn't in pain, but maybe that whole part of the gameplay isn't in yet. It could be either/or, but I say it looks like a jump.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I was looking at your avatar, and I realized how cool it would be if Ness could Jump cancel his down B in Brawl. Top tier material there.
Yea, the lag after using it is crap sometimes, not even worth it to put it up in the first place.

And i bet Wario has some outrageous/funny stage with traps and **** everywhere.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, sorry if this has already been posted, but...

It seems to me like short hopping will make a return. Now, I'm not paticularly surprised if it does, but I'm basing this on Fox's jump from the trailer, and the screenshot of Fox on the Delfino Plaza update, where he's doing a bair close to the ground at the same time that Mario's doing a fair. That screenshot looks like a SH to me. I guess I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom