• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
All I have to say is that the sooner they get all the obvious/knew it already/beginner stuff out of the way, the better. Then it's pretty much just smooth sailing. And look at the bright side, at least they didn't say "You push Y, X, or tap the control stick up to jump". That may have revealed the controller, but still <_<

Also, no matter what, we are still going to get pretty screen shots.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
It's funny how they are telling all of this to us as if we have never heard of Smash before or even know what any of it is about. Trust me, anyone who doesn't know about Smash isn't going to be browsing the website. You know why? Because they don't know about Smash.

It's the fans that check.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
It's funny how they are telling all of this to us as if we have never heard of Smash before or even know what any of it is about. Trust me, anyone who doesn't know about Smash isn't going to be browsing the website. You know why? Because they don't know about Smash.

Exactly, someone gets my point.

@ lemon drop
imo those screenshots weren't worth the wait

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
OMG recovery cimfirmed for brawl!!

*ahem*

Anyway, this is what happens what you get 'daily weekday updates'. There's only so much content in the game, and they gotta spread it out over about half a year, not to mention the things that will stay hidden. So it's only natual that we get some lame updates.

And however weak todays update was, it's still better than a 6 month blackout, right?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
*Tomorrows update*

You can block stuff with a shield!

OMG WTF SHIELDZ ROXXZ!

*Next day*

You can duck!

DUCKING FTFW!

I'm insulted by this update.

And you know what else fans do?They make referances.

Smash fans don't exist simply because they have played through the series,other smash fans refer others to the games,and alot of the people who don't know find out in game magazines such as Nintendo Power.Even Game Informer had an entire article on Super Smash Bros. Brawl,and about 60% of gamers read Game Informer magazine.They can even find the information on the internet by finding it in a magazine.(Google anyone?)

Fans can tell other new players.

Magazines can give info to new players.

The internet can be used as a resource.

New people play smash bros. one way or the other,they don't just magically appear out of thin air.That can't be an excuse.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Brawl info is with-held so close that new players don't even know there's an official site. I also highly doubt they're many people who haven't played smash and suddenly want to jump on board, if they do there's still Melee on the shelves.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I'm laughing at people who think this is thw worst update.

There is a thing where new people who never heard of Smash can know these revoery stuff.

But for god sakes people, we already got quite a few new stuff, so why not let some of the Newcomers know some stuff?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Perhaps this is, like, a calm before the storm...or something. The particularly juicy updates seem to happen once or twice a week and the rest are the little "fill in the blanks" kinds of updates.

Let's see...the E3 demo will probably have a multiplayer demo with most (if not all) of the starting characters, most (if not all) of the starting stages, and maybe a hand full of items and then a single player demo showing its revampedness and stuff. So we'll probably have this trickle of info and then the E3 trailer (showing off all the starting stuff) and the E3 demo (showing us the practical stuff we wanna know) and then more globs of good info leading up to the release and then info on the unlockable stuff (if this doesn't happen before the release). So...I guess this sort of stretching out of info is to be expected. Or something...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hehe, I so knew that people would be complaining. But a lot of you guys have gotten much more mature about it all. Cool. ^^
Granted, it was pretty disappointing for me, too, but it's not like I'm staying up for the night waiting for updates. *grins*

So, Mario's jumping really seems a lot higher. Those screenshots brought back painful memories of Metal Mario in SSB64. "WHY WON'T YOU DIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!"
Now let's just hope his cape hasn't lost its effectiveness.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Roflz, bet no1 saw this one coming :), next update, how to do normal, plain smash attacks ^_^

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
The reason that people are complaining is because it really does suck. I mean yes newcomers will benefit from it, but they should have put it in with the other How to Play stuff, it isn't much information at all. I hope you guys are right though about the calm before the storm.

vericz

Smash Champion
*Tomorrows update*

You can block stuff with a shield!

OMG WTF SHIELDZ ROXXZ!

*Next day*

You can duck!

DUCKING FTFW!

I'm insulted by this update.
Shielding will actually be a good update because we have yet to see a bubble shield or any type of shield, That update may also come with rolling, crawling, or that new fast roll.

Who knows?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Complaining won't make the updates better. Want a great update? Wait till E-3.

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
Todays update sucks for us yes but i totally understand why it was done. I have a friend whom i tried to teach SSBM to...He couldnt grasp the concept of up B recovery AT ALL, and as such doesnt play smashl (-_-)

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even going to get into it with the complainers. They just like to find things to complain about so they have a reason to be pissy. I pity them because they can't look on the bright side of things and enjoy all the updates overall instead of on a one at time basis.

I didn't mind today's update at all, and I got to see more of Battlefield, Mario's Up B, and more of Meta Knight. Not only that, but Mario's recovery has been upgraded. I wonder if this means everyone's recovery has increased?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Have have you guys noticed the waterfall in the background is actually flowing? because thats some nice effects there in the background.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
I was just disappointed because I had dreamt only moments before that there were three updates today. Then I woke up and saw the truth X_X. Ah well. Mario's up-b does seem to cover more distance though.

Sakurai said there must be techniques to counter recovery...does that mean edgehogging will be as powerful as in Melee? I wonder...

I

i8waffles612

It didnt really say what Mario's Up Special move...

but its probably the same as Melee lol

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
so... I remember a while back there was a thread that got closed (shocking, I know) about the lamest update so far. Out of all of the updates so far, even the one with the Mario and Link profiles was better than this one. This is the worst update I've seen so far, and it makes me dread the days on which we will recieve new "how to play" information.

edit:
For those hoping for an actual demo at E3 I think you're going to be dissapointed. If they have a playable version of the game, it will be two nintendo employees battling it out as two confirmed "veteran fighters" on one stage, and that will be it. There will not be every starting stage and character. Maybe if this was Sony at E3 that would happen, but not Nintendo.

Double Edit:
That stage will probably be battlefield.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Geez they forgot the tornado and cape recovery, how are newbies ever gunna figure that out lmao??? I certainly hope they dont take out cape and tornado recovery to make up for his longer up b...

I

i8waffles612

Geez they forgot the tornado and cape recovery, how are newbies ever gunna figure that out lmao??? I certainly hope they dont take out cape and tornado recovery to make up for his longer up b...
It already showed the tornado in the trailer... lol

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Didn't E3 get (to use gaming terminology) nerfed? I thought it was made invite only, with only press allowed. I'm pretty sure they decided to take out the floor show. So even they do have playable demos, unless you're part of the press (IGN, Gamespot, 1-UP, etc.) I don't think you're gonna get a chance to play anything.

I could be wrong, anyone mind clearing this up?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yes, E3 is invite only. I don't think the're not expecting to be playing it themselves. They expect for the press to play it and then report on it. Hence the speculation on what a demo what reveal.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well the cape still stops u in ur tracks and give ya little push just like in melee, check the 1st trailer b4 metaknight apepars, and the tornado seems to be the same shown in the 2nd trailer, and with this pic it seems mario has more horizontal, and a bit more of vertical recovery as well, Im one happy mario player XD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There will not be every starting stage and character. Maybe if this was Sony at E3 that would happen, but not Nintendo.
If it was sony, they'd just show a cutscene done on non-finalised hardware and claim it's ingame graphics.

Heh, but seriously, being a Nintendo game doesn't mean they aren't going to show all the characters. They wouldn't show em all regardless of company. When was the last game that revealed every piece of info about it at a games show? Was all of Twilight Princess available for playing? WoW was only playable in a few areas and only as alliance for a wile when it was being shown off.

sasukemaro

Smash Rookie
Why didn't they show the third jump? Do every character have a third jump? And if Mario would of just third jump wouldn't it been alot ezer?

Anyone notice this (turn around) the 2nd smash vid when Pit turns around probably and instant turn aroung?
EHHH! U all probably noticed it already, just trying to get some new tidbit stuff

Lol and i now realized that Meta's cape turns into wings :laugh: :urg:

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
And I don't pay attention to the PS3. That price tag on it has me too pissed off to care what's going on with that ******** system until it drops in price, which who knows when that will be.
LMAO :laugh: Wow,Iam not the only one that realize how rediclious that price tag is.Well,that explains why the Wii itself is outselling PS3 in Japan currently(which is still a shocker).Iam sorry man,but there is just no way in holy hell any normal person with a decent job is gonna fork up 600+ US dollars for something they dont fully understand.Try convincing a normal street preson what a Cell chip is,and watch the puzzled looks on there faces. :laugh: And anyone can call me a cheapass if you wanna(feel free),but numbers dont lie.

But anyhow,thats just common sence tho bro.Theres just too many things way more important that cost equally as much,things like rent,playoff tickets(go Spurs!!),you know,peoples needs.

The update...WTF!? :confused: :embarrass WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT TO DO NINTENDO!!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Mario's UpB is longer and higher, a hint at better recoveries overall? Or me looking to deep into a picture? You decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom