• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY hope that they redo Groudon's 3D Model.

I dont like to whine about updates, but Groudon looks Low Quality in comparison with the other models in the screenshots...

They could at least make the spikes a bit more high poly, and some bumpmaping in the lines on its body.
Meh, he's just a Pokeball Pokemon. :\ He'll only be on screen for less than a minute and you'll likely be more attentive of your character getting burned alive than Groudon's polygon count. :p If they're gonna work on improving the graphics, I'd rather they work on the characters and the stages before the items (not that they need it. :)).

I hope they bring back introductions like in sb64
As do I! I miss Kirby blasting in on his Warp Star and Link coming down in ray of light (the TP equivalent would be used in Brawl naturally) and Mario sliding out of his pipe. It'd be awesome if they brought those back.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Well, they must be planning something special for them........ although I do wonder why Wario, Pit and Metaknight appear in screenshots, but they don't.. hmmm....
Snake is a third-party character, so he'll be kept "secret" for a while...
But Zamus.. no idea.

Also, nice job, Erk. *grins*
I think it has to do with something Sakurai mentioned in passing about not dwelling on unlockable characters, which would mean Snake and Zamus would be unlockables and will therefore not appear in any more screenshots than strictly necessary. This is of course a theory, and I might be remembering Sakurai's words wrong.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah man i loved those two. and i loved picking your character and they would do some cool animation. my buddies and i would always pick luigi, then return back to hear all four luigis punch and sigh

link pose ftw!

Fawriel

Smash Master
ah man i loved those two. and i loved picking your character and they would do some cool animation. my buddies and i would always pick luigi, then return back to hear all four luigis punch and sigh

link pose ftw!
I actually miss that even more than the entrances into battle. Nothing beats good old Jiggly grooving out after being chosen.

And in TP, Link actually gains a victory pose. I just noticed it by accident and I'm not sure how it's triggered, but I think when you beat all the enemies in a room and the battle music comes to a dramatic stop, if you go nowhere and press A, he'll sheath his sword in a really flashy way.
I think he also does it after learning a new sword technique...

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^ Yeah every time u learn a new technique, or when u finish the boss, he does it automatically, but when u finish off a strong enemy, like a dark nut or whatever, and then u press a, he does the taunt, doesnt work after killing weak enemies I think...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, I got it after finishing off the horde in front of the boss room in the Goron Mines... haha, I didn't even notice he does it after defeating a boss. I'm such a n00b.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
He does it after every time you do the fake out slash thing where u unsheath slash. When you press A after it he does it.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I REALLY hope that they redo Groudon's 3D Model.

I dont like to whine about updates, but Groudon looks Low Quality in comparison with the other models in the screenshots...

They could at least make the spikes a bit more high poly, and some bumpmaping in the lines on its body.
I'll let them get away with using the Gamecube models if they really want to.

As long as they don't port over the same old N64 Stadium models and try to pass it off like they're doing in Battle Revolution. That'll upset me just a little. Those models look **** pitiful and this is supposed to show off what the Wii can do?

GenG

Smash Lord
Groudon's model for Battle Revolution was took from Pokémon Colosseum, but guess what? With all the effects, filters and shaders, the models of that game looked all roundy and polished, but they were GC after all. You could count the polygons sometimes when the lighting were a bit off.

Just wait, the page says all these screens are under development (jaggies, no shaders, no filters, no complex effects), right now is a GC game. The effects, lighting and smoothness is what make the games "next-gen" in Wii.

Example

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I heard some old posts 2 pages back and saw something about Magicarp [if that's how you spell it] and this idea popped into my head:

What if Magicarp came out like Goldeen, but once in a blue moon, Magicarp evolves on the spot to totally own the opponents on the stage?

It sounds do-able imo, but if there's already Goldeen there's no need for another pokemon that's so similar.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I had always wanted Magikarp and Gyarados, I wanted it for Melee (I also wanted Isle Delfino XD)

I wanted it where you could hit Magikarp and whoever hits him gets a hyper beam from Gyarados when he evolves : )

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Just wait, the page says all these screens are under development (jaggies, no shaders, no filters, no complex effects), right now is a GC game. The effects, lighting and smoothness is what make the games "next-gen" in Wii.

Example
So does that mean the Wii isn't really a next gen console?

Anyway, if they include Groudon, they will also defenitively include Kyogre, seeing that melee included both Lugia and Ho-oh.
Wonder what Kyogre's attack will be???

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Or maybe when it comes out, it'll start to rain (Drizzle ability) and thusly harder to see and less traction all over the field. Not very aggressive, but someone could accidentally slide off stage if they aren't careful. :p
then when pikachu uses thunder anyone on the ground gets instant death. sounds like fun!

cyberdemon said:
So does that mean the Wii isn't really a next gen console?
graphics-wise, it really isnt. but the funness level makes up for it.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
So I tried to edit my post, and tried four times, letting it sit there for 5 minutes each, and it did nothing. So I'll just post my ammendment to my post here:

and, oi, I realized how many friggin' legendaries there are in Ruby/Sapphire+.

RS have 10; Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi and Deoxys

DP have 12-15; Rotom (if you count him?), Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione and Manaphy (again, if you count them), Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus

That's a ton of legendaries (they really went overboard in DP, IMO) that are all guarenteed a pokéball appearance at the least.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Kyogre should rise upwards and then collapse into a waterfall. The water hits the stage and pours off in a direction (down a slope if there is one) pulling any character hitting the water in that direction.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I think it's unfair to critisize Wii's potential right now. Those screens are in developement, yes, and at around this time during the Cube's life-time, everyone also said Cube sucked *** for graphics. But then RE4 came out and everyone was like WTF!? It all depends on how the developers use the console.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Like I said, I hope they redo him or at least touch him up in some parts, thats all.

and I know its possible to do so, just look at characters like Fox with all those details.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Kyogre should rise upwards and then collapse into a waterfall. The water hits the stage and pours off in a direction (down a slope if there is one) pulling any character hitting the water in that direction.
^^^^ That or surf.

@ Fanewgie
Too...many...LEGENDARIES!!!.....Still though, they could make of some intresting attacks.

I'm gonna LMAO if someone comes here, and tells us Groudon is a confirmed PLAYABLE character! That would be pretty funny! :laugh:

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I can't stop thinking about Rayquaza chucking Hyper Beams at the stage.

I'm not even sure what Groudon is supposed to be attacking with? I'd have to check his movelist in Pearl...

Maybe Kyogre will drown the stage in a Surf.
He doesn't attack, he just stands there, thats why he is so huge. He is an awesome wall of fire! Tough to avoid, imagine using throws into Groudon to deal massive damage. You could probably keep doing it since it takes a while to recover from touching him.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
These last 2 updates have been the dumbest ones yet. I much rather get a release date. Why can't they give us one? Geez it's not liking we're asking for secret characters.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
These last 2 updates have been the dumbest ones yet. I much rather get a release date. Why can't they give us one? Geez it's not liking we're asking for secret characters.
The release date is much more important than new characters imo.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Why is a release date so important? So 3/4 of the people can complain about having to wait X amount of months?

I'm happy with what we get, at least it's something, more than the nothing we had for the 6 months previous to the site overhaul.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Believe me, if we get the release date so soon, it will make the wait MUCH longer, and besides I doubt he'll give the release date on a plain old tuesday morning, if anything E3 will be the place where he'll reveal the release date, hopfully atatched to a new trailer XD

wow, thanks for the comment phoenix, i like you phoenix u always provide decent, informative posts :)

Not to contradict you or anything, but Nintendo is now realising there is a market in europe now. The gamecube was released in America, then 6 months later in Europe. Same applies for melee. However, the wii was released in America, then about 2 weeks later in europe. I hope brawl follows the pattern by coming out 2 weeks after the North American.
Ah...You are correct.Not to mention that Nintendo has released Mario Strikers Charged in the United Kingdom before the United States.

The launch of the Wii in the United Kingdom was also close to the United States release due to it's popularity(And little time frame between releases for each nation).

When you think about it that way,Smash Bros. should be able to release around the first quarter of 08(January or Febuary) if they do the same they did for the Wii.

=D

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
yeah i'm happy with no release date. i know it will come out sometime this year, they've stated it many times before. and like stryks said, it makes the wait that much longer.
I won't believe that until they give us a release date. No matter how many times they state it.

I

i8waffles612

Again i have to say this......

This game is coming out by the end of summer to the middle of fall....

it said that on IGN like a month ago..

along with MP3 and Galaxy

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
hey i dont really care about a release date but, i wanted to see if it would come out before the end of june and now i know its not, because ive been saving up for this game and now i midas well buy another game and just save up for it again if its comeing out after summer...

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Again i have to say this......

This game is coming out by the end of summer to the middle of fall....

it said that on IGN like a month ago..

along with MP3 and Galaxy
IGN has been wrong numerous times. Weren't they ones listing it as a launch Wii title? Until a date is given there is no proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom