• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
yeah good idea, can you imagine if mewtwo or deoxys were revealed as pokeball pokemon? that pretty much would confirm that they're not playable! I would kill someone....
deoxys...............a..............pokeball............pokemon...................
thats's just too painful to imagine ;_:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was rather awed about Gorudon's size. That's one big pokemon.

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
wahye im from cardiff, nestee.

U think its strange uk site doesnt have 2007 release date?
pffft. The Uk like the rest of europe gets shafted on game releases all the time >_<. Strange? nope. Besides I have every intention of importing it and then getting the Uk version when that retails to see if they made changes like they did for Melee :chuckle:

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
pffft. The Uk like the rest of europe gets shafted on game releases all the time >_<. Strange? nope. Besides I have every intention of importing it and then getting the Uk version when that retails to see if they made changes like they did for Melee :chuckle:
do u think we'll get a 2007 release in the uk?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I see they're still got Goldeen. I guess Magikarp is too crappy to be in the game.

With Groudon being the' CAUTION: Hot' Pokemon of Brawl, Moltres is either replaced or does something entirely different. I wonder if the dinosaur walks around or just stands there.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
eternal phoenix fire, youve got to be kidding me.....

r u from the uk? is anyone else from the uk here?

youve got to be kidding me.....

r u from the uk?
No,i'm from the United States,but I am basing this on game release history.Super Smash Bros. Melee was released to the United Kingdom after a 6 month time gap,when the United States and Japan recieved them at near simultaneous dates(Weeks between).

I am also aware of the fact that Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64 was released within a 4 month time gap,but the decision to release into the United States was based on the sales rates and positive responses from the game in Japan.After the popularity of Smash Bros. was present,Nintendo decided to launch Melee with close release dates in the United States and Japan.

Most games and Smash Bros. in this case have been released later in the United Kingdom,and I fear that the time gap will remain.Sorry,I guess some of us may need to import and play it via modification on their Wii.

=/

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm from the UK.

Looking at the Melee release dates, the US had it in december 01, but we didn't get til May 02. Still, we didn't actually have the gamecube til May, so that might have something to do with it. Not to mention the PAL version was altered somewhat, so if they forgo that this time around it may come earlier.

That said, the fact it doesn't say 2007 seems to suggest it's unlikely it will be released before the years end for us, and therefore hasn't been put down so that we don't get our hopes up.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
wow, thanks for the comment phoenix, i like you phoenix u always provide decent, informative posts :)

Not to contradict you or anything, but Nintendo is now realising there is a market in europe now. The gamecube was released in America, then 6 months later in Europe. Same applies for melee. However, the wii was released in America, then about 2 weeks later in europe. I hope brawl follows the pattern by coming out 2 weeks after the North American.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Also, Brawl seems to be overall different... they must be pumping money into this like there's no tomorrow. Hence, I wouldn't be surprised if they took the trouble upon them to appease fans all over the world with a nigh-simultaneous release.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
wow, thanks for the comment phoenix, i like you phoenix u always provide decent, informative posts :)

Not to contradict you or anything, but Nintendo is now realising there is a market in europe now. The gamecube was released in America, then 6 months later in Europe. Same applies for melee. However, the wii was released in America, then about 2 weeks later in europe. I hope brawl follows the pattern by coming out 2 weeks after the North American.
Or even better: It comes to Europe BEFORE America, like Mario Strikers Charged did! :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea ll online games should come out here first that would be great.

(All me get is MSC and virtual console at the moment)

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Of course, having this particular Pokémon appear at the most critical of times is in keeping with Murphy’s Law.
Yes, yes it is. God****ed Goldeen ¬¬.

Groudon looks pretty imposing, and certainly huge. In small scenarios this can be an I Win button.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What about that tiny stage where you battle on the halberd level that would be an instant win.

(And look at my location)

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
W00t, nice update. Pokeball and a new Pokemon. Groudon's lookin' spicy. It looks like you have tot touch him in order to get damaged, but with his huge size it'd be hard not to touch him.

...Wow, that last sentence sounded all kinds of wrong. XD Ah well, I stand by it.

Also, this thread made me draw this. I apologize.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
What if the characters speak this time saying" I chooose you!!!"???

But if that happens might as well put ash ketchum in..

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Last night, for a split second, I thought that ugly Pokemon was a playable character. I was glad to see that I was wrong.

Anyway, nice update, it was rather large (plenty of screenshots.) But why must they insist on using the same characters for their screenshots? All we ever see is Mario, Pikachu, Fox and Pit. I want to see some Snake and Zero Suit Samus!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, they must be planning something special for them........ although I do wonder why Wario, Pit and Metaknight appear in screenshots, but they don't.. hmmm....
Snake is a third-party character, so he'll be kept "secret" for a while...
But Zamus.. no idea.

Also, nice job, Erk. *grins*

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I REALLY hope that they redo Groudon's 3D Model.

I dont like to whine about updates, but Groudon looks Low Quality in comparison with the other models in the screenshots...

They could at least make the spikes a bit more high poly, and some bumpmaping in the lines on its body.

Now that that is out of my system...

HOLY $*!* Its GROUDON!!!,
I bet this pokemon will rock if you have him be at the edge of the stage (muaahhaa ultimate edgeguard)

and... Goldeen returns.... yay... NOT

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man magikarp should totally replace goldee, it fits WAY better, anyway yeah gotta love the update, so we know now that chikorita, goldeen and groundon are in, hopin rayquazza is in too, gotta love the green dragon thingy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom