• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Out of interest people, how many times have you watched the first trailer that came out?

I probly watched it about ten times, but it's been a while so I'm gonna watch it again now.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Out of interest people, how many times have you watched the first trailer that came out?

I probly watched it about ten times, but it's been a while so I'm gonna watch it again now.
Quite a few times.

As for Yoshi's recovery, maybe a little help could come from using his tongue like Samus/Link to grab the side of the stage and pull himself up. Sure, not as useful as an Up-B move that actually saves him instead of throwing an egg, but it's something. Plus, it would look funny just to see Yoshi hanging off the side of the stage by his tongue xD

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Just noticed something that supports Sonic's inclusion in Brawl. You no doubt are aware of a game called "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games". It is apparent that Sega is the publisher of this game, it is not a joint game between Sega and Nintendo. Sega approached Nintendo asking if they could include Mario in this game. Wouldn't it be logical that Nintendo get something in return (other than advertising at the olympics that is), such as Sonic's inclusion in Brawl?

This is merely me speculating, I do not know for sure if this is the case.

And I do apologise if this has been brought to SWF's attention before.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah that is quite old, It seems the company has to approach nintendo to include a 3rd party character, just like Kojima did with snake (Though he begged :p), thus if sega wants sonic in brawl, they have to approach nintendo, something Im sure they already did, just hopin capcom did this also, I want megaman in brawl so badly...

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Oh, sorry for bringing up old news then. Personally, I see Snake, Sonic and Megaman as ideal 3rd party characters, they compliment each other fantastically.

WHO AGREES?!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
he could be like on the rock man cartoons he touchs you and turns your power into his and of course the mega buster :) , he could do a mvc special turn into a giant robot and go megazord on a mother f er lol

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its because megaman is synonomous to the NES era, I remember playing when I was a kid all of the MM games, not only where they fun, but very challenging, and having one of the best music in NES games history...

Rite now there have been numorous spin offs, but we (well at least I do) prefer the good ol' Original blue bomber, not only would his moveset be very awesome, but would be somewhat easier than others, seeing how hes already in a fighting Game: MvC

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Its because megaman is synonomous to the NES era, I remember playing when I was a kid all of the MM games, not only where they fun, but very challenging, and having one of the best music in NES games history...

Rite now there have been numorous spin offs, but we (well at least I do) prefer the good ol' Original blue bomber, not only would his moveset be very awesome, but would be somewhat easier than others, seeing how hes already in a fighting Game: MvC
Hear hear! Stryks put it exactly right. Mega Man has a long history with Nintendo and is one of the classics of gaming history. Not only that but his moveset could be very interesting.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Not only that but his moveset could be very interesting.
I started a moveset list for MegaMan months ago, back when the first trailer was aired, but I never finished it.

But if you figure there are 9 "regular" MegaMan games, 7 with 8 bosses each and 2 with 6, you have 68 unique bosses and therefore 68 unique master weapons for MegaMan to acquire. If they use the same rules when creating characters like Kirby and Game & Watch (applying said signature moves to more than just B attacks) they could come up with an extremely varied, creative and original moveset.

Give him a more unique copy ability to differ from Kirby's (say, make his regular Mega Buster his standard B - three rapid-fire shots on screen at any time and a chargable shot while moving/jumping/etc. - and then have this replaced with an ability depending on who he KO's last. Make his taunt either copy the ability (Now I've got your power!) or discard the ability) and I think they could have a pretty dynamic and entertaining brawler.

(classic) MegaMan is definitely on the top of my wanted list, although I'm aware he'd have to compete with brawlers such as Ryu, Pheonix Wright and Arthur, so I'm not getting my hopes too high.

Milos

Smash Lord
I dunno, Megaman's been wanted by many since SSB64. People only started realizing that there was potential for third party characters like Ryu when Snake was announced. Plus, Megaman is a lot cooler.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i prefer him over any other capcom rep cuz hes their mascot, but even if he wasnt for the reasons stated by fanewgie the guy is just built for Smash

Croco

Smash Lord
i prefer him over any other capcom rep cuz hes their mascot, but even if he wasnt for the reasons stated by fanewgie the guy is just built for Smash
Orginal mascot was Captain Commando.. :chuckle:
... :ohwell:
If they put him in before MegaMan.. :urg:
Probably won't happen.. but you never know what to expect.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
really? didn't know that...lol...guess he really did a good job of promoting the company huh?:laugh:
LOL, now that's funny! :chuckle: But seriously, MM is one of the best reps for Brawl. He can fight, could have several powers, and is one of the most reconizable characters in all of video gaming. You don't get too much popular then that. Well, as long as you're not including the Super Mario Bros, Pikachu, Bowser, DK, Link, or Sonic at least! :grin:

The Director

Smash Lord
Apparently at the Nintendo Summit, Brawl was shown in playable format, and although Battlefield was the only level there was a new character available to choose from. Yoshi probably, after seeing today's update.

We'll see next month in gaming magazines. Be on the lookout in July's issues of EGM, Game Informer etc. (but by that time E3 will pretty much already be upon us, so the wait will pretty much have already been over already) I would have thought it would be DK, but Yoshi was my second guess. ;)

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Apparently at the Nintendo Summit, Brawl was shown in playable format, and although Battlefield was the only level there was a new character available to choose from. Yoshi probably, after seeing today's update.

We'll see next month in gaming magazines. Be on the lookout in July's issues of EGM, Game Informer etc. (but by that time E3 will pretty much already be upon us, so the wait will pretty much have already been over already) I would have thought it would be DK, but Yoshi was my second guess. ;)
What? Where did you get that info? Link please, 'cause every gaming news site completely contradicts that. :\

No....way....in hell.

Source please.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The 1st part is false, u know why? cause according to the source, when ur playing brawl, and if ur playing with the wiimote u get an extra jump, which is BS

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't know if this is out of subject, but did anyone notice they eliminated the star finish
In Melee, killing them upward doesn't always make it a star finish...there are certain criteria/circumstances in order for it to be a star finish. I don't recall what they are offhand, though.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Man,you people sure do complain alot.

=/
Yeah...your absolutely right;most of the people here are wretched under aged cry babies so it makes sense.

Recomposed musical sound tracks is an instrumental part of smash bros...

The people here need to realize that Smash Bros Brawl prob won't come out until just before the years over;so in December.

...so thats about 6 months more of updates. We probably won't be seeing many NEW characters being posted until nearly close to release.

Fans like me are happy that content is being updated daily.

But Smash-Babies have no lives; so all they do is spam all day long about things that will probably never come to pass.

Everyone who complained about the awesome Yoshi track - go for a walk and get off your pc and realize that patience really is a virtue.

Yeah...your absolutely right;most of the people here are wretched under aged cry babies so it makes sense.

The people here need to realize that Smash Bros Brawl prob won't come out until just before the years over;so in December.

...so thats about 6 months more of updates. We probably won't be seeing many NEW characters being posted until nearly close to release.

But Smash-Babies have no lives; so all they do is spam all day long about things that will probably never come to pass.

Everyone who complained about the awesome Yoshi track - go for a walk and get off your pc and realize that patience really is a virtue.

If only we had the rep system...

Thank you.Atleast there are a few greatful people here who can appreciate the updates.

Sakurai is busting his arse for this game,depriving himself of many things,and still manages to give us updates every week day.

To those who can't be greatful for what we are getting,for shame.

We are getting 6 months of updates!! The only times we won't get them is 2 days out of 7 days...jeez.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman

Thank you for pointing that out. Seriously, some people here whine that there should have been a "big update" when the site relaunched. Well, the update was that the site will update everyday on weekdays. But I guess its very hard to please the little spoiled kids here that get what they want all the time.

Oh and Red Exodus, shut the f*** up. You're flaming other peoples opinions when you're complaining that other people don't respect other people's opinions. You're just an immature smash baby who gets what they want all the time. I wonder how you get so much respect around here, seeing how much of a whiner you are. Just be patient, geez, all of the info you wanted so early will eventually come. There is something called "patience" son.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
According to wikipedia "During a test play between Sakurai and Hideo Kojima, Kojima stated that the game feels complete and that Nintendo "could put it out right now and it could sell millions of copies" (though i would'nt rely much on what wikipedia says).

I

i8waffles612

Are you guys forgeting that Brawl is coming out by the end of Summer to the middle of Fall??

@chavo
He really did say that

Stryks

Smash Hero
the 1st part of what the director said is false, but what chavo said is true, I believe I read it on IGN or something, so yep that part is true...

chAvo

Smash Cadet
Well then, i guess the "potentially sucking" theory by dylan_tynga is no longer plausible

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, Megaman's been wanted by many since SSB64. People only started realizing that there was potential for third party characters like Ryu when Snake was announced. Plus, Megaman is a lot cooler.
Well, if they used X instead, they could satisfy the Street Fighter lovers and the Mega Man lovers at the same time (I am of course referring to the Hadouken and Shoryuken upgrades X got in the first two X games)

edit: actually, there are quite a few Street Fighter references in the X series as a whole (Magma Dragoon's flying kick could be based off of either Akuma or Chun-Li)

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
the 1st part of what the director said is false, but what chavo said is true, I believe I read it on IGN or something, so yep that part is true...
The only release date I've ever seen for Brawl was from the video which included Fox at the end...in which they said

"Release before 2008" which could be anytime before New Years.

I won't believe otherwise unless I see something concrete. Not just "I thought I see..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom