• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Kind of I guess that could be it, although I don't think I would really cry. Anyways Yoshi may be confirmed tomorrow, was anyone looking forward to playing as Yoshi? Just wondering.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think he means tears of "AWWWW SO CUUUTEEE".

Does anyone else feel reminded of vacations because of the music?
I think Sakurai might be longing for some holidays.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Mmm, I can't hear the song as I'm in school right now, I hope it sounds cool though. :)

I'd actually like Yoshi to be back with an UP B that helps him survive this time... Maybe more people would play him if he did have a proper surviving technique besides keeping his second jump to the last possible second of survival.

Sakurai should just confirm the SSB characters instead of keeping us all in suspence, probably half of the C.Falcon players have thought about Suicide considering the Dinosaurfaggot has had bits and peices of stuff focusing towards his return and Falcon has had nothing, plus there is alot of people who play Falcon... oh and probably the Sheik players are going emo considering her return is near impossible without up-dated graphics, and with up-dated graphics, Zelda fans, such as myself, will begin to think Sheik would be in the next Zelda game, which is also impossible... Unless they continue the story after Majoras Mask...

>.> Yeah Sakurai just hurry up and confirm the original SSB characters so I can have my original set of characters back Mwahaha.... >.<

Croco

Smash Lord
Kind of I guess that could be it, although I don't think I would really cry. Anyways Yoshi may be confirmed tomorrow, was anyone looking forward to playing as Yoshi? Just wondering.
:) I am..
lol
I've played as Yoshi since Smash Brothers on the 64 first came out.. So to continue tradition I have to play as him first in Brawl.. (That is if he is unlocked..)

GenG

Smash Lord
Sakurai is refering to the nostalgia for those who played the N64 game.

Way to overanalyze everything...

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Needs more Yoshi singing. Really, they should have started way before, but I hope this is simply a short version. Maybe that's what Sakurai meant, that it hurts to cut the poor things so shortly after they start? ;).

Either way, cool update. Brings back a lot memories *starts singing like a Yoshi while he types*

burrito

Smash Lord
Anyone who is curious what the original music sounded like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tOGXoauoo

I was expecting it to be music today, it was the only thing it really made sense for him to update it. I was hoping for some music, too. I was kind of surprised by the song, but it is pretty neat.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I was hoping for music, but I was also hoping they'd add something other than just music, maybe a stage [too late, I know] or a special moveset [like Pit's]. Just simple stuff to go with music. At least the song is nice.

The Director

Smash Lord
I think today's update shows that we can never know what to expect from these updates.

I have to say though, I'm not entirely happy with it. Not because of a lack of real info., but because I would rather see Yoshi representation from Yoshi's Island and not Yoshi's Story.

>sigh< Atleast we still have the Yoshi's Island level...if it hasn't been cut yet!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I don't see why you people are complaining about the update. At least you can hear it. I can't even listen to the song on the comp I'm using. (unless I can download it)

Oh well, now that they revealed the stage, the logo, and now the arranged Yoshi Story ending song, they might as well confirm Yoshi.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Yaaaay, I loved this song. XD

It's just a wild guess, but i'm THINKING at least one day this week Sakurai'll update with a Game Mode.

If not, it'll just be Pikachu and Kirby. =\

I

i8waffles612

this confirms yoshi like 100% . YAY. Hopefully they really fixed him.

He sucked in Melee a lot

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
I have to say though, I'm not entirely happy with it. Not because of a lack of real info., but because I would rather see Yoshi representation from Yoshi's Island and not Yoshi's Story.

Agreed.

In Melee, we had a stage from Yoshi's Story and Super Mario World for Yoshi, so here's to hoping that the Yoshi's Island stage is still there for Brawl.

Hell, I was really hoping for "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" to be a stage in Brawl, but I don't think that's gonna happen XD.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Agreed.

In Melee, we had a stage from Yoshi's Story and Super Mario World for Yoshi, so here's to hoping that the Yoshi's Island stage is still there for Brawl.

Hell, I was really hoping for "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" to be a stage in Brawl, but I don't think that's gonna happen XD.
That would be the craziest stage ever. It would closest thing to playing Smash Bros while drunk but without drinking for real.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of whether it's from Island or Story, this song just plain rocks. Yoshi's Story may be one of Nintendo's more controversial games, but there will never be a day where singing Yoshis don't bring a smile to my face. It makes sense though since Kazumi Totaka is a Nintendo legend and Masafumi Takada did the amazing soundtrack for God Hand. I could listen to the music from the first level of God Hand for the rest of my life.

The stage based on Yoshi's Island is the only Yoshi themed stage we've seen. Watch the Nintendo World trailer from November. It's one of the main stages they show.

GenG

Smash Lord
Samba de Yoshi! Awesome.

By the way, last night I had a dream about Angel Land: The clouds shattered and all players fell all the way down to the Underworld, while battling airborne (just like in Power Stone), and then we had to climb all the way up with a very nasty scroll like Icicle Mountain.

Weird.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol. That'd be awesome, GenG. Totally cool... but not gonna happen, most likely.

I don't know. My guess for this update was correct. I guessed either a tune or update. I'm thinking at the one month mark (is that tommorrow or next Tuesday?) he will update a new comer or a game mode. I'm thinking more of a game mode, though.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If they make a special falling stage with infinite jumps (No up b moves) (Or moves like kirbys stone one) were you have to ko the opponent by depleting their hp that would be fun.

(Bit like what people do with that debug stage and infinite jump cheat)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kinda dissapointed with todays update, I woke up at 5 Am for this? lol still this confirms yoshi by 150%, so its only a matte rof time that they'll reveal yoshi, which is good...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yoshi's Island is the game where baby Mario rides on his back right? If so there already is a Yoshi's island level. It's shown quite a bit in the last trailer.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is out of subject, but did anyone notice they eliminated the star finish

chAvo

Smash Cadet
Well in the trailer i saw kirby's ^smash kill 2 characters and unlike melee (where you go flying into the backround) they died right away

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe they just haven't done that part yet.

or

They just didn't include it in that bit for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom