• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You're basing your facts on an event that is years old in the anime canon, which was before things changed and the "enemies" became aquaintences.
Perception is king. Many people percieve Mewtwo as the villain. He was the villain in the big screen first movie and he is the ultimate pokemon to catch in the first game. Little facts and details about his depression or how he no longer wants to kill everything does not matter. Hardcore gamers do not even know those little details hidden in manga and comics.

And of course Pikachu is designated the hero because of the show and also because he is the main mascot of the franchise.

So even if Pikachu and Mewtwo are not enemies of each other; one represents the hero quality of the franchise and one represents the "dark side" of the franchise.

So Mewtwo would make sense as the designated villain. Much more then Raichu.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Character update or how to play update.
We just got two items, two stages, and the final smash. Plus we got the music people already. Unless they update notices, we are getting a character we know(almost 100% we ain't getting no new one)or how to play.

really? how confident are you?
It seems reasonable.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Well I was just saying that a general villain from the Pokemon series would be Mewtwo. He is inherintly evil, after all.
Mewtwo is not a general villian of the Pokemon series. Following the anime canon, he gets in a conflict with Ash's "gang" for approximately 48 hours and is rarely seen again. To conclude, I feel that I'm taking this argument too far, so let's just stop right here. :)

Croco

Smash Lord
Lol its Warioware these days not Wario land.
Wario
first appeared in Mario Land 2.. and then in the Wario Land series in his own game.
He is greedy because his character was made this way in the Wario Land series. The Wario Land games have stories. The WarioWare games do, but the stories are weak and too simple.

If Wario was based completely off of his WarioWare games he wouldn't really be Wario.. he would be this guy surrounded by a bunch of other characters with fast action 1-3 second minigames.

Plus.. the recently released game this year.. "Wario: Master of Disguise" plays like the Wario Land games. That clearly means they did not forget Wario's original format of gameplay.

Just because he is wearing his Wario Ware clothing that doesn't mean his moves won't be based off his Wario Land games. The characters may even get alternate costumes. This could mean Wario could wear his original purple and yellow clothes.

Now for the villain.. Captian Syrup.. Smash needs more females and better yet she is a villain. She is even a pirate.. Smash could use a pirate. lol
Who was the villain in Wario Ware? :urg:
Wario's true villain is Captain Syrup.. or they could use Rudy the clown.. but really Captain Syrup deserves the spot more.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
mmmm, i believe that captain syrup does not have enough recognition to be in ssbb. That's my personal opinion. Maybe ssbb will consider wario to be another villain of mario???

Croco

Smash Lord
mmmm, i believe that captain syrup does not have enough recognition to be in ssbb. That's my personal opinion. Maybe ssbb will consider wario to be another villain of mario???
True but Wario has his own symbol for Brawl.. and yes he was a villian of Mario but he doesn't have the mushroom symbol. Bowser is Mario's main villian.. and since Wario had his own series and villian, that means Wario is in his catagory..
Wario is just like DK.. Both were Mario's villians but went off in their own series. They both still appear in Mario games but still had their own side adventures.

Bowser had the mushroom symbol.. just like Mario, Peach, and Luigi.

Now if their was another unique Mario villian it would be Tatanga from Super Mario Land.. which is the game Daisy was intruduced. And who knows.. maybe Tatanga will make his comeback in Super Mario Galaxy.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
^^^ a fair point. i see wario as a bit of an anti-hero tho, someone who could be seen as both hero and villain, maybe nintendo will leave him alone.

Wwwwwwww tatanga in galaxy! nice idea

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
just expect the unexpected :p
Expect 2 or 3 unexpected characters at most. None of us saw G&W, Capt. Falcon, Ness, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Marth, Pit, Zamus, or Snake coming, so I see no reason why Sakurai won't do it again. I expect the unexpected characters to be retro primaraly however, nothing will ever surprise us like G&W, lol. Noone saw that coming! :laugh:

But overall we'll msotly get expected and popular characters, we already got two of the four most desired SSB characters in with MetaKnight and Wario. All that's left is Diddy and Sonic (and King Dedede).

The Director

Smash Lord
I'd rather not. The unexpected most likely sucks.
Usually, because 'WTF Characters' usually come from games we've never heard of.

As for Captain Syrup, I'd agree that she'd be Wario's villain representation. Wario represents his own games, not Mario's.

What about FE villains? Doesn't the castle that appeared in the first trailer belong to some uber nasty FE badguy?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
If you mean Ashnard, then no. It was assumed that the castle was Daein's castle from FE PoR, but there isn't really any concrete proof for that. Some people believe it might even be from FE1/3, which means it would be from Marth's game (Akaena I believe it's called).

However, the likeliest FE villain is probably the Black Knight from PoR.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Luke is rite, Black knight has the highest chances IMO, seeing how he has now apepared in 2 games (PoR, GoD) and is playable in the last one, and being Ikes main enemy, he has a good shot...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Tomorrow, I hope they have multiple updates like they've done a couple different days. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll discuss an already confirmed character and maybe they'll just reconfirm some old character as returning...even that would be nice. I'd much rather have that than more new items or something.

(By the way, I find it odd that in the Nintendo World Trailer, they announce every character we know about except Samus didn't have an intro with her name by it...odd)

Croco

Smash Lord
As for Captain Syrup, I'd agree that she'd be Wario's villain representation. Wario represents his own games, not Mario's.
Yeah I can just see the cutscene..
Wario is walking along and a figure falls behind him.
Wario turns around and it's Captain Syrup.

Well Hopefully they even have cutscenes.

Black/Light

Smash Master
On the topic of expecting the unexpected. . . .I have to say that I think ALOT of characters are going to be unexpected picks.

Really, theres only like 5 characters that need to be in the game to keep us NA fans happy for the most part (Sonic/ Diddy/ D3/ K-Fox and Ridly(sp)).

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
lame update, it wasnt even directly linked to smash in the post

chAvo

Smash Cadet
i like when they play yoshi's voice, i hope the rest of the soundtrack is as sweet as this

Croco

Smash Lord
It's like if Sakurai were to post a picture of his cat. This isn't livejournal Sakurai. People might kill themselves if you don't update right.
I was dieing to hear the yoshi stage music.. lmao
This is a good update.. though it would have been great if he also showed the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom