• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
Hmm, if pit can really fly... hellloooo fly canceling his aerial moves. ^_^ Much like peach does her float cancel. Jump (or just up B ) once, up B on ground level, move control stick forward/back really fast, c-stick an aerial of choice and fast fall. ^_^ Or Pit could do superjuggles if you can control his aerial movement freely, kinda like marth, but who just aquired wings, lol. Disjointed hitboxes ftw. Unless of course, Pit is unable to do any attacks while flying, which would be a pity, but I guess otherwise he'd be pretty broken character. >.>

If Pit is semifast character and the animation of the B move is fast as well, the arrows are gonna have much use when you play spammy. Also depending how fast they travel when uncharged, Pit could very well do semi-shl type of approaches, only with the added bonus of hitting above him. And since they'll propably have a very nice arch, good for edgeguarding purposes. The question is, how strongly they can arch? ;o Kinda like Y.link's bomerang or more like Ness' PK thunder. If it's the latter, that's some serious edgeguard option right there if one is fast and precise enough to use it. And of course people will learn to use it that way if it's possible. ^_^ Samus and Link will cry when you destroy their grappling options. ^_^ And depending how fast he can swap to sword mode, he could propably edgeguard with his sword nicely too.

The arrows being slower on the animation side when you can actually shoot them would of course balance them, not to mention if the arrows were needed to be charged a little before they actually fly anywhere.

GenG

Smash Lord
We can't possibly know if Pit can make use of SHL of the bow; It seems to be a Din's Fire kind of attack with fixed lag.

By the way, the Wings of Icarus are straight from Kid Icarus too: These could be bought in shops and saved you from pits by giving you a little fly.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I have no idea what's so funny, but the fact that those two find it funny makes it absolutely hilarious.
It's subtle humor, I guess. Like when a reader wrote fanmail to the author of One Piece asking "What's it feel like to be hit by the Finger Pistol?" and he answers "You die." I laughed so hard.

Well, I sure hope the Bow takes a while to load, because otherwise it seems pretty broken.

keko_keko

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda confused as to the trajectory thing, is it curving upwards (if so that's a pretty sharp bend) or bending back for a sorta boomerang action. Also i think the up-b is going to be like a dash in any direction of choice. He loses some feathers on the pic, which seems to suggest fast movement. Maybe it's something like fox's up-b minus the fire plus weird bubbly glowing effect.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, doesnt it show pit flying in th trailers? i highly doubt that pit will be able to attack while flying because the flying thing is his up+b move. you cant do another move in the middle of your up+b. i assume you press up b and he starts whooshing up with the flaps of his wings. and you could probably do it in whatever direction you want. pit does look to be pretty broken though...peace

p.s. yay for new brawl info to come out on a weekEND!!...

-hiroshi

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
well, doesnt it show pit flying in th trailers? i highly doubt that pit will be able to attack while flying because the flying thing is his up+b move. you cant do another move in the middle of your up+b. i assume you press up b and he starts whooshing up with the flaps of his wings. and you could probably do it in whatever direction you want. pit does look to be pretty broken though...peace

p.s. yay for new brawl info to come out on a weekEND!!...

-hiroshi
its a weekday in japan

Chepe

Smash Lord
Pit's Up B will not allow Pit to do anything other than fly mind everyone. B moves do not allow the use of A moves, so the move will VERY LIKELY just be used for getting back on the stage...

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Mmm this makes me wonder, the update May 28 Mon. 2007 says

"Pit: Special Moves" But since they only show the b-up and b-move where have the old reliable b-front and b-down-move gone 2? Did Sakurai banished those?

ps: i really don't hope so

"Pit: Special Moves" But since they only show the b-up and b-move where have the old reliable b-front and b-down-move gone 2? Did Sakurai banished those?

Why would he?

I love Pit even more.His edge game looks broken+Multiple Jumps+Multiple Hit attacks.

A very proud Pit main here.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Pit: Special Moves is a category that doesn't really imply finality. I expect that

- a) due to Sakurai planning to get everything already sort-of covered over with before July 11th he has to divvy up sections like special moves into two in order to get a congruent schedule or

- b) the horizontal-B or down-B moves are key to Pit's particular playstyle (split the bow or something equally strategically relevant) and therefore they are kept secret a little longer.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea away from all this main business if there are gonna be about 50 characters in brawl and they are gonna have at least 2 special moves pages for them and 1 normal page for them that means that there will be like 150 days worth of info on just these characters and not to mention the items and stages as well as game modes so he should have more than enough to update every weekday until brawls release!

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Pit: Special Moves is a category that doesn't really imply finality. I expect that

- a) due to Sakurai planning to get everything already sort-of covered over with before July 11th he has to divvy up sections like special moves into two in order to get a congruent schedule or

- b) the horizontal-B or down-B moves are key to Pit's particular playstyle (split the bow or something equally strategically relevant) and therefore they are kept secret a little longer.
That is offcourse very smart of Sakurai because he has so much 2 reveal, think about all the items, all chars, movesets, maps/levels, music, modes and offcourse the "how to play" tab.

But then again very annoying, this could extend the release till 2010 or something like that. I now it won't be that long, but just as a matter of speaking. Besides some updates he will "reveal" will already be familiar to us, think about link and mario and all the other "veteran and melee fighters." And offcourse all the old items. He could though only show the "new" items what is actually better for us.

NukeA6

Smash Master

He's prbably just gonna reveal B and Up B moves (which is similar to what Nintendo Power did for Melee).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No i think he is gonna release his down and l/r moves as well for each character but who knows i might be wrong.
And if he includes old levels and items (which he will) do you think that he is going to upgrade them in any way?

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
No i think he is gonna release his down and l/r moves as well for each character but who knows i might be wrong.
And if he includes old levels and items (which he will) do you think that he is going to upgrade them in any way?
sakurai is going to update the stages (we already now that through battlefield) but i think he'll keep all the old items. maybe take out a few but i dont think so. i mean, its brawl. he's going to have eveything in this game.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea... that went with a more virtual theme with the last one do you think they will go more natural this time? like as you can see between ssbm battlefield and ssbb battlefield.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I very willing to bet he will reveal Down/Side B moves eventually, if not next, he's just seperating this as much as possible. He certainly has us hooked.

The Director

Smash Lord
Nice update...

'B moves! B moves only!'

Man, if this is how they're going to unveil everything, we might be sitting here until judgement day.

Love the updates but they're crawling slower than molases!!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Nice update...

'B moves! B moves only!'

Man, if this is how they're going to unveil everything, we might be sitting here until judgement day.

But when E-3 arrives, it's gonna be a flash flood.

Zeeb

Smash Cadet
Pit's looking pretty badas$ with this update. A question though:
Do you think you change the trajectory of the arrow before its shot (this makes sense to me /w that screenshot of fox jumping down at Pit), or you can control it after i.e. pk thunder and the 2nd screen posted of Pit today. Or better yet both?

Sariku

Smash Master
One cool thing I noticed, which many of you probably have too, if you look at Pit in the screen shots for his profile, you can see the background reflecting on him. Like where its all red in the background, theres red gleeming off his clothes. Where is all sunny, it makes Pit hard to see.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Anyone else have trouble at first FINDING the update? Maybe it's just 'cause I woke up so late, but to see it you actually have to go to Pit's profile, and scroll down. It's not on the home page anymore, if it ever was.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nice update...

'B moves! B moves only!'

LOl! "we might be sitting here until judgement day."

I was kinda expecting at least more than one update i mean they did have 2 days

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
50? "Surely you jest, madam?"

Yhea away from all this main business if there are gonna be about 50 characters in brawl and they are gonna have at least 2 special moves pages for them and 1 normal page for them that means that there will be like 150 days worth of info on just these characters and not to mention the items and stages as well as game modes so he should have more than enough to update every weekday until brawls release!
50 characters? Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. AFAIK Brawl will have had roughly the same dev time as Melee.

Melee added 14 (w/ Shiek) new characters to the roster of Bros. (from 12 to 26), but bear in mind that five of these were clones (either Roy or Marth counts as a clone with modded parameters). I do not know how much time on average it takes to create a clone character compared to a wholly new one, but let's say it takes a fourth of the time, minimum. The result is that Melee added 10 characters or more worth of development...

While it can be presumed that Brawl's dev team is bigger than Melee's and can get more done in the same amount of time, it seems absolutely insurmountable for them to add a whopping 24 characters, especially if not one of them will be a clone.

Sure, the five unveiled so far are not clones, but it would make sense to bring out the original, beloved, obviously non-cloned characters out first. I can see 14-17 wholly new characters and 7-10 clones or a similar ratio if a huge (circa 50) gallery of Smash Siblings will be on offer...

But 24 newfangled babies? You'd need a team akin to the Shenmue heroes and heroines...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
it did kinda suck that we had only 2 of the 4 special moves for pit. i mean a whole weekend for that!? so i guess tomorrow we learn the other 2, right?
More Pit would be a bit repetitive, methinks. A new mode or stage, on the other hand...

5 imaginary bucks on a fact-thin "exposé" of the Halberd stage.

GenG

Smash Lord
They'll teasing us: We all thought that they'll add a game mode the friday, but they added Pit. For today I was expecting a stage (Halberd or Angel Land), but they pulled another one; Special Moves.

Maybe they'll post all 4 special moves for old characters since we know about them already, while stretching a bit the new ones. And don't forget about the Super Smash moves, 4 days in total to know "everything" about a new character.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
50 characters? Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. AFAIK Brawl will have had roughly the same dev time as Melee.

Melee added 14 (w/ Shiek) new characters to the roster of Bros. (from 12 to 26), but bear in mind that five of these were clones (either Roy or Marth counts as a clone with modded parameters). I do not know how much time on average it takes to create a clone character compared to a wholly new one, but let's say it takes a fourth of the time, minimum. The result is that Melee added 10 characters or more worth of development...

While it can be presumed that Brawl's dev team is bigger than Melee's and can get more done in the same amount of time, it seems absolutely insurmountable for them to add a whopping 24 characters, especially if not one of them will be a clone.

Sure, the five unveiled so far are not clones, but it would make sense to bring out the original, beloved, obviously non-cloned characters out first. I can see 14-17 wholly new characters and 7-10 clones or a similar ratio if a huge (circa 50) gallery of Smash Siblings will be on offer...

But 24 newfangled babies? You'd need a team akin to the Shenmue heroes and heroines...
Well i know that there aint gonna be 50 i was exaggerating a bit there but i was hoping that there is at least about 35 characters in this one and still with that thats a little less than 105 days worth of info and anyway they are working much harder on this arnt they and this is going to be in development longer than melee isnt it?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well they sure fooled me because i though they would have had a game mode by now or at least a different character, as far as characters go, I don't think we'll see 50 but we can expect around 32-44 characters but it is a possibility of being close to 50 in that it is probably Sakurai's last smash and may want to include as many as he wants which would be a really good thing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom