• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Director

Smash Lord
I know that EVERYONE is eager about these updates. Just be patient and it will come ^.=.^
Patient has no meaning on these boards.

Another update tonight! I'm hoping for a new flash video, but that's a longshot. :ohwell:

Samus and Zamus...hmm, I'll be honest with you guys, I think Zamus is a waste of a character. Sure the Metroid games are lacking in Smash representatives, but do we really need another Samus? I'm also afraid that Samus will fall victim to what happened to Zelda in Melee, although the chances of that happening are slim. Samus is way more badass than Zelda. :p

I'm also interested in the Samus/Zamus character update. Knowing Sakurai, he'll probably put both of them into one update. :( Oh well. I just want to know under what conditions you'll be able to change into Zamus.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
samus is looking like top tier, i mean, noway zero suit is ganna suk, i imagin a less cheep shiek, but still samus + shiek'esq char, top tier

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey i had a great idea why don't they make some attacks combinable!
Like if your holding a bomb as link and you fully charge your arrows when you shoot them they will be bomb arrow and for Samus when your charging your charge beam if you shoot a missile it would be a charged missile.
Stuff like that to make the moves more interesting.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Legolastorm, you deserve an internet for that idea, whether it is implemented or not.

Seriously, everything that adds some strategy is desirable. It's all about depth in the long run.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes i do deserve an internet?(WTF?)

And yhea if you could think of any more combos with the characters.
I know while doing fox's shine shoot your blaster 10 times and once you come out of the shine 10 shots com out in all directions.

I

i8waffles612

I like the taunt Idea, but I would rather have them seperate characters..

But if they are not seperate characters, then taunting to tranform would be ok...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Yes i do deserve an internet?(WTF?)
It's a common compliment on some internet-forums (fori?) to give a praiseworthy poster "internets" (in "honor" of a certain "president's" pluralization of the word internet) for good content or humour or whathaveyou.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If they are separate characters that would be somewhat of a waste and its already confirmed they are not separate but Samus will transform under certain conditions but that doesn't really sound like a taunt does it more like smash move at least but well who knows? (apart from the people who do)

Well iv never been given an "internets" on any forums iv been to before so thank you and you can have one to for giving me my first one.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Anyone with a keen eye could have noticed in the first trailer that Samus transforms into Zamus when she uses her fully-charged (or perhaps the super powerup thing) B attack. You can see the pieces of her suit breaking off while she's using it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well you don't really need a keen eye to see it but yhea it does break off and i am presuming that would be her smash seeing as how powerful it looks.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Anyone with a keen eye could have noticed in the first trailer that Samus transforms into Zamus when she uses her fully-charged (or perhaps the super powerup thing) B attack. You can see the pieces of her suit breaking off while she's using it.
Of course everyone can see that, but that doesn't mean thats how she transforms. It is of course just a cinematic trailor afterall and not actual gameplay.:psycho:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but it should have some sort of indication to how she would transform instead of just putting it in there to show that she would (Maybe if you use to many powerful attacks you overload her suit).

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Yhea but it should have some sort of indication to how she would transform instead of just putting it in there to show that she would (Maybe if you use to many powerful attacks you overload her suit).
I think it's more indicating that she could transform since that was the first trailor they had made, not how its performed. For all we know she could have just done like down+b right after that anyways, so in no form do I think it indicated how she transformed.

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
maybe like ..it'll be like ..with every super heavy hit taken she loses a piece of her suit ..and the last thing she loses would be the blaster? .and she'll slowly become less and less heavy

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I am almost certain that you can control when you turn into Zero Suit Samus. I am curious to see how she plays, because if Peach does not return (which she will), Zero Suit Samus is who I am going to use (and I will NOT use her if I can't be that version of Samus all of the time. I will not use her if I have to use her armored form most of the time.)

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
7 hours and 30 minutes left until the next update :D

So um... with all the confusion and debate about ZSS/Samus, it would be awesome to have the next possible update be on ZSS/Samus, hopefully it could clear up the speculation about her.

Today is the beginning of the first full week of updates and to see if there is indeed going to be a pattern in the updates! If not, I'm guessing we're going to have to have some weeks of absolutely no character updates.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well even if there are no patterns im suspecting that there should be at least one newcomer a week

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Course but in the few weeks between now and then they will just be giving us little new things (items and maybe a few stages) and characters we already know about.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
the major daily update were all awaiting will probly coincide with e3, we'll learn it at e3 and the nex morning itll be the new update, boo :p

and they can easily pump us full of crappy updates till e3

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
3 characters in one glorious week?
at that rate, we'll have them all in about 3-4 months. cool.
~Tera253~
I did a little guestimation work earlier.. let's say that everyone from Melee is returning, and they're going to, roughly, double the roster. That's about 50 characters, half of which being newcomers. There won't be 50 characters, so let's just say around 20 newcomers. 20 weeks, about 5 months, give or take. Showing one newcomer a week (like I believe Sakurai has stated he's doing?) would carry us safely into October, for a fall release date. This is also assuming he'll show us all of the unlockables before release, which I also think he said he wants to do.

Just a little food for thought.

Please don't take it seriously though, it's just guestimation work. -_-

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
^^^

Or to be more exact: E3 2007 will take place on July 11-13

Only one and a half hours left until the next site update, woo! :D

I'm hoping for something new and unexpected, like the Gooey Bomb was.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
^^^

Or to be more exact: E3 2007 will take place on July 11-13

Only one and a half hours left until the next site update, woo! :D

I'm hoping for something new and unexpected, like the Gooey Bomb was.
Are you sure it updates in an hour and 30 minutes? Where did you get your info from?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Are you sure it updates in an hour and 30 minutes? Where did you get your info from?
I think the last two updates happened at almost 3 AM (EST) sharp. The ones before that were between 3-4 AM.

So, the update is entirely possible in an hour and 30 minutes (17 minutes now) at the soonest.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
He probably should have said "approximately 1 and a half hours". There is no set time for updates but they've all been around 3-5 pm Japan time.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok. thanks. :)

Its only 7:45 Hawaiian time so I can easily stay up to see it if its only and hour or so away.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
OK, so I am expecting updates to be at Midnight PST because of the fact that three of the past four updates were at midnight PST. I believe the first update that wasn't at Midnight PST was late because of the Nintendo Summit, but I could be totally wrong. So if I've confused anyone, I'm sorry...

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I think you're being anal.
My comment was a reply to FSLMJM's post when he asked where the info about the time came from. I was in no way correcting the poster in question, just clarifying that it's an approximate time due to the fluctuation in posting times. This might have been clearer if two other people didn't post so quickly before me or if I had quoted FSLMJM's post :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom