• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But they don't have all the game info already if they did well wouldn't the game be coming out much sooner that late 2007

NukeA6

Smash Master
I just hope they show us a new character on Monday so everyone can stop whining.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I doubt there is a new character coming util E3, or unless they release a video sooner. All the previous characters got cool introductions in trailers and made people excited about them. If they simply release a bio and a couple screens for a new char it will make them look reeeeaally inferior.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
I doubt there is a new character coming util E3, or unless they release a video sooner. All the previous characters got cool introductions in trailers and made people excited about them. If they simply release a bio and a couple screens for a new char it will make them look reeeeaally inferior.
you're right. the right way to release new characters would be through a trailer, but sakurai isnt going to release like 5 more trailers...how did the melee website update its new character?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
you're right. the right way to release new characters would be through a trailer, but sakurai isn't going to release like 5 more trailers...how did the melee website update its new character?
He might just release like one trailer which reveals 5 new characters then update his site with those characters and stuff.

burrito

Smash Lord
Well, we know that some of his updates will be posted with movies because if you click on viewing the icons, it shows that there is a icon that shows when the update includes a movie.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They might show you videos of the game modes when they release them like a quick 2 or 3 minute demonstration of what you have to do (with English subtitles of course).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and maybe nearing the release they could give a video for each individual characters showing off their moves and fighting styles.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And like lots of trailers for stuff like a trailer with all the items and a trailer showing off online mode (all this stuff would come closer to release of course) just so we don't have another 6 month drought of info!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but the site should still have plenty of info up until the games release (we should have enough characters for a new character a week)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They will and im curious about what they will do with the how to play section of the site... there is only so much you can add to it

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Stick your ideas in one post, Lego, and Tak, don't just post to go "Yeah, that'd be cool"

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Stick your ideas in one post, Lego, and Tak, don't just post to go "Yeah, that'd be cool"
Ok i will but people don't generally read previous posts

Thout you misspelled talk for a second didn't realize you were talking to Tak

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
For new character introductions they could release small videos on them, sort of like in Melee - showcasing their moves and such. It wouldn't really be a 'trailer' but a nice little intro for a newcomer.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I just want to see what they do with the game modes section.
Playing link for 5 years don't make you good. I've played 6.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The game aint been out for 6... unless you played it since it came out in japan which would be like 5 and a half or something.

And usually playing something for 5 years makes you a little better than good.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but they're wepons are sweet.

Like a foward smash could be a strike a b could be a needler shot
a ssb special could be a rocket. you kno..

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
uhh ssb too. thats 6 if you count right.

I'd like to see some1 from halo in ssbb
uh no. SSB came out in 1999, so thats 8 years. get the facts right, please. and if you've played for 5 years consistently, you get better. your logic of "it doesn't make you good" (also, go take a 3rd grade grammar class, i think the word choice would be "better") escapes me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yeah but they're wepons are sweet.

Like a foward smash could be a strike a b could be a needler shot
a ssb special could be a rocket. you kno..
A character with basically all guns would never happen (Snake only has a rocket launcher)
and a character from one of Nintendo's biggest rival would only happen if they bust (Like sega)
And i forgot about SSB if you count that then i would have had to have gotten um... (i got it a few months after it came out but i forgot when it came out -.-)
Thanks for reminding me that i will check wikipedia and then change my sig accordingly.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
ok I know how to write. I know its been more than 6 years I'm just saying I've played for 6 with Fox.
Don't correct me.

Also no prob for the correction.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He will update the site every workday that means monday-friday what makes us waiting and getting excited about the update from next monday.
Well thats not what i asked but whatever but actually he can still do a lot with the how to play (might even do a how to play as certain characters thing).

Press22 technically iv been playing as link for almost 7 years seeing as i spent a year playing as young link -.-

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Lol, but time of play does not help you on certain stuff, like if you were never introduced to wavedashing and advanced techniques, but back on subject, Online or Not?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
cant be bothered reading the 10000+ posts here, but has anyone else noticed the lack of an upate today? is there an explanation for this?

The Director

Smash Lord
The website WAS majorly updated. Just the NEWS wasn't, and never wa said to be.
Wrong. The site was overhauled, not majorly updated. 'Major update' would infer that there was going to be some sort of...major update. We got a list of composers.

I'm done discussing the initial update. We've got daily ones to look forward to, with more than a few surprises to keep us on our toes.

Hmm. Maybe this means that there IS some sort of pattern. Pit is, sort of, a new character after all... new character every last update for the week? Makes sense, and will keep them running with "sort of new" characters for a while until they need more...
Pit is new! I'm glad somebody agrees that Friday will be the day they announce newcomers. We'll find out this week, I guess. (and if there is a newcomer every Friday, my money's on Metaknight as the next one. hooray Metaknight!)

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
cant be bothered reading the 10000+ posts here, but has anyone else noticed the lack of an upate today? is there an explanation for this?
It is only updated on Monday-Friday.

edit:
Pit is new! I'm glad somebody agrees that Friday will be the day they announce newcomers. We'll find out this week, I guess. (and if there is a newcomer every Friday, my money's on Metaknight as the next one. hooray Metaknight!)
Yeah, if you click on the character icon on the side it classifies the characters under two sections so far: veteran fighters and newcomers. Pit is under newcomers. I am sort of curious what they will put the ones who came from melee under.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
So I take it there are no weekend updates?

EDIT: Just read ASJ's post; Thanks.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Even more speculation from me: Possibly they could reward us for waiting through the weekend by giving us something totally awesome! Like a new stage that could hint at new characters, or a remake of Final Destination (I know I want to see that), possibly new returning characters, or a release date announcement so I can start writing a countdown on my calendar. Well, that's what I would like to see in the next few weeks.

But expect we'll probably just get a currently known stage or another awesome music update on Monday. I'm really curious about the upcoming weekdays because we'll be able to see if a pattern is really going to be defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom