• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black/Light

Smash Master
SSBB WAS set to be a launch title back in 2005 go to ign and u will see for urself and i too expected good enough news to fill up the weekend but nooo we got new 4 pics of a character we knew about and now we got nothing till monday Nintendo is pissin me off
"And BRAWL wasn't set for a Wii release. . . the SSB3 game that would have came about with nothing more than new characters and online would have been a Wii release had Sakurai not been involed. This was said BEFORE work on the game even started. . . BEFORE Sakurai decided to do it."

*points to the other post talking about the update*

Del Money

Smash Champion
The Head of Nintendo of America said he plans on doing that, or at least thye are thinking about it.

Brawl was set as a Wii release title as well, now wasn't it=???
thats kinda a good point. after i realized SSBB was no longer gonna to be a Wii launch title i figured Nintendo only had a few major additions to add to the game and then polish off with some finishing touches, debugging, testing, etc. obviously they have been delaying the release date since they didnt want to rush development and end up producing a game us Smash-fan would have some disappointments with. and believe me as great as Melee was/still darn well is, it had its moments of upsets like the clones for example. i didnt think that as of now, the develop of the game was so far behind that there isnt even a decent ballpark as to its release date. all we know is that its sometime in 2007, most likely towards the end.

i guess in the meantime, i have these weekdaily updates to keep me company. perhaps a week or two from now, the updates with be much more juicy

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
as great as Melee was/still darn well is, it had its moments of upsets like the clones for example.
as much as i'd like to agree with you about clones, i kinda like them, only becuase without them, the ganondorf love that is so wide-spread today wouldnt exist...or at least, not be on the same level that it is now.

it helps to think of clones as a tentative 'how will fans react if we put him in?' and the most popular ones make it into the next version. thats how i like to see it anyway.

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah i see what you guys mean. the clones had different strengths and weaknesses than the originals and so there was a different strategy behind playing them. yeah the only clone i had a problem with was Pichu. idont really see the clones to be a major flaw. i only see it as a bit of a flaw because cloned characters wasa by-product of rushed development. and i'm guessing Nintendo saw it that way too which is why theyre working to make SSBB clone-free. at least i think so anyway

The Director

Smash Lord
But seriously, that was no reason to shutdown the site and have countdown. They could've just made a small announcement saying they would revamp the site on 'date X' and that they would start week-daily updates from date X. It's simple and removes a lot of problems.
Aye.

I *****ed and moaned when the new Brawl site opened. The only reason was because Nintendo overhyped it by calling it a 'major update', and I felt let down. Very much.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new site. Daily updates are amazing. Think about where we'll be in a month when they run out of the info we already know!

The only thing that I'm saying is that when the site opened, there should have been a HUGE update to go along with it. There was not. We got 'this is how you play Smash', which to me felt like a slap in the face.

Look, I know Sakurai is busting his hump getting Brawl finished, (as he should be, and I'm thankful for it!) and taking time out of every day to give us an update is very kind of him, but c'mon man! Give us something we really want! A new character would tide us fans over for weeks.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Come on guys, we get weekday updates... This, to me, is actually the greatest thing they could have done, in my opinion. I for one am extremely happy to have new stuff to look forward to all the time. Even already announced things come with new screenshots. It's like a lifetime christmas to me.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Brawl was set to be a launch title. When Iwata announced that, it was also announced to everyone (Including Sakurai) that Mashiro Sakurai was the director. Sooo yeah...that wasn't gonna happen.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
its been discussed, everyone has there opinions. we all want new info, yes, but sakurai knows that there others besides us who live smash everyday, and he wants to let new gamers or new people to the smash community know more than just new characters and items that we all guessed about for over a year. its kind of a corny post, but he's trying to be open with all whole gaming community, not just smash fans.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
It's like a lifetime christmas to me.
A Christmas where they knowingly give you one thing everyweekday of something you already had until you have finally recieved everything you already had and then you finally recieve after a while of waiting new things that you had been wanting all along and are finally relieved that they had stopped giving you things you already had.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo of America, not Sakurai or the Nintendo company, is the one to blame for alienating it's fans.

It was Nintendo of America's site that said there would be a major update.

The poll was open to Japanese only because that's the language that Sakurai and the development team speak. If he was going to get info from other countries, he'd need someone to translate for him. That's where NoA could have stepped in. They could have opened their own informal poll and passed it along. You can't expect Sakurai to askfor help in languages that he doesn't even understand.

And if SSBB isn't released in 2007, don't blame Sakurai or Nintendo. The site says "planned for 2007 release" meaning that's what they're aiming for, not what is definitely going to happen. It was Reggie that said that we'll be playing Brawl by the end of the year.

A Christmas where they knowingly give you one thing everyweekday of something you already had until you have finally recieved everything you already had and then you finally recieve after a while of waiting new things that you had been wanting all along and are finally relieved that they had stopped giving you things you already had.
I wasn't aware that we had all these screens, music information, and information about Battle Field before.

Del Money

Smash Champion
whats also weird to realize is the exact amount of time we all waited for the brawl site to be updated is around the same amount of time from now give or take a month that we'll wait for the game to be released assuming its not put off til 2008. and this time, our wait will be accompanied by updates so its shouldnt be nearly as bad.im sure we can cool our jets for a good 6-update-filled-months...even if the updates are things even a typical SSB64 n00b knows

P.S. i'm guessing Sakurai is a smart man and i dont think he's completely english-illiterate

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
so...what you're saying is that you were 100% certain that you could control the trajectory of pit's arrows? i doubt it. dont put people down whose point of view is valid for the sake of it.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
P.S. i'm guessing Sakurai is a smart man and i dont think he's completely english-illiterate
Most Japanese have a knowledge of english equivalent to 3-4 years of high school foreign language study in America. I took Spanish for 4 years in high school and there's no way I'd be able to translate a bunch of Spanish text at my age, let alone at Sakurai's age. (age being important because of how many years removed you are from learning the material)

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah i guess Sakurai wouldnt be an english whiz, but anyways i still think the next 6 or so months of waiting wont be half-bad. yes it sucks being dumbed-down by amateur info but we should keep being patient. theres only so much stale info Sakurai can give us

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Aye.

I *****ed and moaned when the new Brawl site opened. The only reason was because Nintendo overhyped it by calling it a 'major update', and I felt let down. Very much.
The website WAS majorly updated. Just the NEWS wasn't, and never wa said to be.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
im guessing there wont be an update tonight....but it wouldn't hurt to look at the site just incase there is

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
so...what you're saying is that you were 100% certain that you could control the trajectory of pit's arrows? i doubt it. dont put people down whose point of view is valid for the sake of it.
I'm not really trying to put people down, I'm just trying to put it more into context of the situation we are really in. Yeah, I'm happy that we're finally getting information after a 6 month drought. We are also going to be amazed once we get new things that we've really wanted like new characters and I for one was happy to learn about the gooey bomb. I'm sure my statement was somewhat off, but it wasn't far from the truth

Del Money

Smash Champion
The website WAS majorly updated. Just the NEWS wasn't, and never wa said to be.
to be honest, that technicalit didnt surprise me at all. i figured the "update" it would just be a way of telling fans (and visitors) that they would no longer ignore that website for another 6 months, as well as throw in a new design. why they gave us that countdown however if beyond me and i guess thats whats upsetting lots of fellow smashers. on the plus side, the fact that the site has been overhauled and that new (as well as stale) information is slowly trickling in speaks well about their desire to put this game out soon. and by soon, i mean before the end of 2007. though it not 100% guaranteed (yet) that brawl will come out this year, i can say i am satisfied.

...and I for one was happy to learn about the gooey bomb. I'm sure my statement was somewhat off, but it wasn't far from the truth
i was neutral about the gooey bomb. as far as im concerned items are cool but they allow n00bs to grin with satisfaction every time they hit/KO you with one and then they think theyre good (especially when 1. youre not playing them sober and 2. you normally play without items). just a little rant there

SIDE NOTE: the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics site is just one big splash screen while the Brawl site has links. that game is supposed to be released for winter 2007 and theres still no concrete info about it. what does that tell you about the release date for brawl?

*/ShadowFlare\*

Smash Cadet
when is brawlsite usually updated?i'm in nyc so that measns at 3 am?
just lettin you all in on a little secret..
THERE IS NOOOO UPDATE TONIGHT
if you read the site it says and i quote

"Smash Bros. DOJO Launches with Daily Weekday Updates!"

as of 4 minutes ago it is now sunday in japan, if i remember correctly.
no update in 24 hours either.
im sure you live

jaza

Smash Rookie
well for all of those people who wondered if saturday counted in japan as weekday just because they go to school, you just got your answer...no

Del Money

Smash Champion
thanks all of you but i wasnt expecting an update tonight. only reason i'm still awake is cuz i'm not sober enough to sleep. perhaps i should grab a gatorade

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Just to let all of those who are complaining know.They really don't have to show us anything at all.

I swear,it seems as if a majority of you people are spoiled.Demanding news when the man is working his *** off to make a game for our satisfaction.Knowing that alone makes me greatful,and I didn't the fact that he is still pushing for an 07 release.

You guys don't know how lucky you're getting.Just because they don't give as much details like they did with Halo 3 doesn't mean we can't be satisfied with what we have.

The man is trying his best to make a great game,get off his balls will ya'?
i dont mind them not showing us anything and me forgetting about brawl news for a while instead of knowing there is going to be brawl news and then getting crap. it would have been better if they didnt make a big deal about the website, and didnt get new news until it was big news because then i wouldnt be thinking about brawl 24/7. then out of nowhere, it would be like, " oh ****, sonic is in brawl, cool!!". but now its like, "ok, its 3 in the am and im waitinf for my info, oh ****, another ****ing pic of mario, like i didnt know how he looked like by now"

peace

-hiroshi

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm. Maybe this means that there IS some sort of pattern. Pit is, sort of, a new character after all... new character every last update for the week? Makes sense, and will keep them running with "sort of new" characters for a while until they need more...

Fawriel

Smash Master
*shrugs* There are probably not enough game modes to keep updating them once per week. If there is a pattern, I guess it consists of two options: "character" and "other". Maybe "item", too, since there are a lot of those.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
So, how do they think we are supposed to last through the weekends? I'll be spending each one having seizures in my bed, watching infants crawl across the roof with finished PAL copies of the game crawling across the roof.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i dont mind them not showing us anything and me forgetting about brawl news for a while instead of knowing there is going to be brawl news and then getting crap. it would have been better if they didnt make a big deal about the website, and didnt get new news until it was big news because then i wouldnt be thinking about brawl 24/7. then out of nowhere, it would be like, " oh ****, sonic is in brawl, cool!!". but now its like, "ok, its 3 in the am and im waitinf for my info, oh ****, another ****ing pic of mario, like i didnt know how he looked like by now"

peace

-hiroshi
Look at the obvious alternatives.

DONT stay up to 3 am and go to sleep.

DONT visit the site unless something big goes down (you can tell by the 10 posts about it)

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
My guess is, if there is a pattern, we'll be getting only new items, as evidenced by Gooey Bomb. So the 'item day,' presumably Thursday, right? would have enough items to last until we've gotten everything else. Probably. And 'new' characters are going to be Fridays, apparently. My guess is Wario next, as we seem to be seeing him the most in screens.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If there is a pattern what would the previous characters from melee count as? old characters or new characters? and this is only presuming there is a pattern which i doubt there is!

By the way they should add more info to the updates i mean a few sentences for each character come on but hopefully they will add more things to the profiles later on (Things like origins and information on their weapons and moves(Im not expecting move sets until much further near the release!).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Right now the has Pit under newcomers and Mario and Link under veterans. I doubt there's a pattern so I won't even try to look for one.

Wrath`

Smash Master
correct me if i am wrong,dail means everey day and the last time i checked saturday was a day.

but to red x. vetrens are people who are in all 3 games and newcomers just this 1.

so how about ones who star in this and melle making 2.
like if marth is to return

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I still don't see why everyone is so hyped about seeing new characters >.>. Too me that's one of of the things I don't really care about ( we know they aren't idiots so they know which chars too keep >.>). WhatI'm interested in is how they change gameplay, physics and the levels ( cause the levels gives us strategic options ..). They haven's shown us much of that yet cause there's no reall gameplay footage. I for one was happy too see sakurai started of with the basics on the site cause with all the fuss about characters it would be easy to just only show those and people will buy the game. I'm happy too see he still keeps in mind what is so good about this game and what the core of it is. The fact that the site says "If you had to call it something i say it's almost like a sport" was a huge relieve to me cause it means he acknowledges the tournament community and doesn't just see it as just a party game. This means that he will definetly consider the slightest changes.

However the only thing most of the guys posting here wanna see is sonic so I hope he show's him fast so everyone here stops whining. People constantly updating the site when it almost updates need to get a serious life cause this game isn't being released anytime soon >.>.

Wrath`

Smash Master
who said i was waiting for sonic?i could care less.
it is just fun to see a smal updte.and yes what you said is true about starting with the basics.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
correct me if i am wrong,dail means everey day and the last time i checked saturday was a day.

but to red x. vetrens are people who are in all 3 games and newcomers just this 1.

so how about ones who star in this and melle making 2.
like if marth is to return
last time I checked Saturday wasn't a Weekday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom