• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
That's what my school does.

Also, I didn't want to start a "which game is better" argument. I simply wanted to point out that it seems as though Nintendo is a bit behind. Not in terms of game quality or ANYTHING related to that. I love smash. I'm simply talking about the manner of updates received from both games.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I am extremely happy with the way the site is updating. This flow of information is the perfect way of keeping me excited, but still wanting more. I really don't get why people are complaining. I think we've already have gotten plenty of new information for just a week.

What facts are being ignored? The fact that Nintendo has only 3 or 4 games worth playing right now? The fact that Nintendo is being viewed worldwide as "the kid company"?

I'm sorry, but those aren't facts, I believe they are opinion. If you want to get into an arguement without any fanboy-ism than don't start spouting unsupported crap.

Don't be such a **** hypocrite.
I'm not being a hypocrite, I never sited the facts you missed. Notice I didn't say 'the fact that Nintendo has blah blah blah', I said 'Do you realize Nintendo blah blah blah'. And I never spouted any unsupported facts either, because I never posted any facts to begin with. You just read my post wrong.

Also I won't post those facts because you'll just ignore them anyway. I'll throw out two to you know to see how you react to them:

1) More weapon balance.
2) Much more customization [recording matches [without having to buy expensive capture equipment] anyone?]

Well,I like both Halo and Smash(I like smash more though),I can't see why we can't cooperate with eachothers opinions.

I simply wish that both the Halo and Smash community can unite and make a huge tournament syndicate.We would have Halo and Smash tournaments,attracting large amounts of people,not just to prove which game is better,but for the love of the game and the love of gaming.Smash and Halo are two huge games,and I believe that if we were to actually get over eachothers different opinions,we would be a great force in gaming.But that won't happen.

Also,why does it matter which game sells more?Even if one sells more(Halo) there still both going to sell like hot cakes,and it shouldn't matter either as long as you enjoy the game.
Thank you, but people seem to have the need to belittle other people/games just because they don't like those said people/games. This is why Jack Thompson always finds ways to hand our ***** to us, very few of us can deal with discussions without giving way to fanboyism.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Who is even arguing anymore? Seems like a bunch of people telling each other not to hate when there is noone left hating on anything. Unless you are talking about me. If so, then both are in different genres and thus cannot be compared. About sales, both will sell better than their counterparts due to more hype and more consoles being sold (I predict).

@almightpancake You were not a fan of Nintendo through the N64 era probably. I do not remember getting much about anything on games.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but those aren't facts, I believe they are opinion. If you want to get into an arguement without any fanboy-ism than don't start spouting unsupported crap.

Don't be such a **** hypocrite.
QFT.

Besides, when a certain company is responsible for some of the worlds greatest games, those few games they do release count for a lot.

Also, what the hell is wrong with being a fan? It's perfectly fine to enjoy specific games that meet your tastes, and talk about it civially. The problem is when people become blinded by those games, and their opinions become obscurred.

I have a PS2, I have a Wii, I have and XBox. I love games. Halo is a great game, Smash is a great game. In the end it comes down to personal opinion, but please, let's not flame companies or argue over which is better...

Becasue it'll just go on forever.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Does the site update tonight since its Friday? Sorry I don't know much about much of this weekday update stuff. :(

Also, if it does, I'm guessing they'll update the game mode section since it hasn't been updated yet.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Why can't people just find solace in the fact that we're getting a new Smash, period? I mean, Nintendo isn't obligated to show us these new characters/items/stages, but it sure is nice. I'm just excited to get the new game. I hope to log another ~800 hours on a Smash game soon :)
Don't get me wrong I'm glad we're getting a new Smash but they shouldn't have made a big deal about the site updating when all it is nothing. I'd much rather get a release date instead of the Gooey Bomb or list of composers. I understand we probably won't see new characters for a while. But is it that hard to tell us a release date and what controller will be used? That's all I want.

Papapaint

Who is even arguing anymore? Seems like a bunch of people telling each other not to hate when there is noone left hating on anything. Unless you are talking about me. If so, then both are in different genres and thus cannot be compared. About sales, both will sell better than their counterparts due to more hype and more consoles being sold (I predict).

@almightpancake You were not a fan of Nintendo through the N64 era probably. I do not remember getting much about anything on games.
I've been a nintendo fanboy all my life.

My point had nothing to do with past generations. I said that THIS generation has different demands. One of those demands is information.

If you don't agree, then IGN must be worthless to you. This site updating must be worthless.

I think Sakurai isn't appealing to his fans enough. The reason I think that? I'm a fan.

Kirye

Smash Ace
@Red Exodus: Clever, but you fail.

And Brawl is just another smash. They can update as much as they want but want's gonna be the huge difference between Brawl and Melee? Graphics? New Stages? New characters [I'm adding this part as a giveaway, since you just ignore other qualities Halo 3 has].

Do you hear yourself? You do realize Nintendo has like 3 [4 if you count TP] games worth playing right? You realize Nintendo is still being viewed worldwide as 'the kid company'? No you didn't, because you're too busy with your head up Nintendo's rear.

I like Halo, I like smash. But when people get all one sided and ignore facts it pisses me off.

Also, I hate fanboys. Of everything.
Aha, but what exactly can you speculate upon Halo? "Oh em gee, they might add AK-47s? Zomg, I think in this version of Halo they'll have over 5k color variations for your character?!" See, that's the difference with an FPS game and Smash Brothers. Smash Brothers is a game where you can speculate upon the thousands of nintendo characters "I think X char will be in because X reason", "I wonder who the new boss of this game will be? Master hand, Crazy hand and a face? =O" many many things. You can't do that with an FPS game. Or maybe it's because the only FPS games I ever really played were Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and (surprise surprise) Halo. If you'd like to prove me wrong, go right ahead.

Also, about being viewed as the "kid company", where in my post did I even mention that? Is it relevant? Does it have anything to do with this entire post? This thread? What we were talking about? No. Bungee releases their information all out and get people hyped up for Halo 3, let them go ahead and do what they want, companies have different ways of doing things. Why does Nintendo have to follow along? To suit your needs? As for fanboyism, I think I see myself more of a Final Fantasy nerd than anything. I am buying a PS3 when FF13 comes out, I play games I like, just like anyone does. Do I like Nintendo? Yes, i've been around since NES came out, i've played the games since I was 3, what's your point?

I like Halo, I like Smash, but when people retardedly try to post something making themselves seem clever when really they fail to point out anything smart, or fail to understand what someone's saying, then I just feel sad inside.

Oh and, if you hate fanboys of 'anything', why are you on a Smash brothers site? Wouldn't that technically mean you take time out of your life to come post in a forum with many fans of a game, making you a fanboy as well? Just thought i'd bring that out there.

NES n00b

Smash Master
I've been a nintendo fanboy all my life.

My point had nothing to do with past generations. I said that THIS generation has different demands. One of those demands is information.

If you don't agree, then IGN must be worthless to you. This site updating must be worthless.

I think Sakurai isn't appealing to his fans enough. The reason I think that? I'm a fan.
True enough. All I am saying is you should be use to this because has done this since the N64. I was not trying to start an arguement. I seriously thought you were not a fan in that time of droughts of info. now are you just finally fed up at this time triggered from Bungie giving their fans tons of info?

I definitely was angry when Nintendo was not giving info these long 6 months. Now, I stopped worrying so much. Do not know why. Maybe I am comforted that there WILL be news every weekday instead of a chance. I do feel like they should have not counted down the site, though. :/

I go to IGN all the time. :D

burrito

Smash Lord
I'm not being a hypocrite, I never sited the facts you missed. Notice I didn't say 'the fact that Nintendo has blah blah blah', I said 'Do you realize Nintendo blah blah blah'. And I never spouted any unsupported facts either, because I never posted any facts to begin with. You just read my post wrong.

Also I won't post those facts because you'll just ignore them anyway. I'll throw out two to you know to see how you react to them:

1) More weapon balance.
2) Much more customization [recording matches [without having to buy expensive capture equipment] anyone?].
I wasn't arguing against whether Smash Bros. Brawl is going to more of an expanded sequel than Halo 3. It just pissed me off how you say that people are ignoring facts and then bring up things and state them as fact.

Yes, the way you stated it was as if it was a fact. When you start something with "do you realize" it implies that you are stating something that is truth and probably obvious.

It's like me saying, "Do you realize that (insert game here) is crap and is not fun at all?" Of course you don't realize that because it is opinion. It's like you're trying to force your opinions upon people and brought it up as if you were proving a point.

Papapaint

@Red Exodus: Clever, but you fail.

Aha, but what exactly can you speculate upon Halo? "Oh em gee, they might add AK-47s? Zomg, I think in this version of Halo they'll have over 5k color variations for your character?!" See, that's the difference with an FPS game and Smash Brothers. Smash Brothers is a game where you can speculate upon the thousands of nintendo characters "I think X char will be in because X reason", "I wonder who the new boss of this game will be? Master hand, Crazy hand and a face? =O" many many things. You can't do that with an FPS game. Or maybe it's because the only FPS games I ever really played were Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and (surprise surprise) Halo. If you'd like to prove me wrong, go right ahead.

Also, about being viewed as the "kid company", where in my post did I even mention that? Is it relevant? Does it have anything to do with this entire post? This thread? What we were talking about? No. Bungee releases their information all out and get people hyped up for Halo 3, let them go ahead and do what they want, companies have different ways of doing things. Why does Nintendo have to follow along? To suit your needs? As for fanboyism, I think I see myself more of a Final Fantasy nerd than anything. I am buying a PS3 when FF13 comes out, I play games I like, just like anyone does. Do I like Nintendo? Yes, i've been around since NES came out, i've played the games since I was 3, what's your point?

I like Halo, I like Smash, but when people retardedly try to post something making themselves seem clever when really they fail to point out anything smart, or fail to understand what someone's saying, then I just feel sad inside.

Oh and, if you hate fanboys of 'anything', why are you on a Smash brothers site? Wouldn't that technically mean you take time out of your life to come post in a forum with many fans of a game, making you a fanboy as well? Just thought i'd bring that out there.
Quick point:

In Halo 3, there have been several major updates.

The Mancannon, The Spikers, The brute Spike grenade, the mongoose, the new maps, the addition of equipment, bubble shield, portable grav lift, power drainer, toggle crouch, independant dual wield reload, spartan laser, HD lighting, more customizable look, new rating system, nerfing of several weapons, upgraded physics, new matchmaking system, VIP game type...

And there's still plenty more to be revealed. Like smash, many of those were known, many were rumors, and there's PLENTY of speculation in Halo.

I'm sorry, but neither game is much more complicated, sophisticated, or interesting than the other.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You do realize Nintendo has like 3 [4 if you count TP] games worth playing right?
I don't really want to argue with fools logic (. . .comparing a FPS to a 4 player fighter. . . .com on now, you know thats just f***en dumb) but I do want to know. . . WTF is this person talking about?

Edit- And ANYONE who calls themself a Nintendo fan should know that Nintendo is as tight lipped as Chuck Norris is manly. . .

Papapaint

True enough. All I am saying is you should be use to this because has done this since the N64. I was not trying to start an arguement. I seriously thought you were not a fan in that time of droughts of info. now are you just finally fed up at this time triggered from Bungie giving their fans tons of info?

I go to IGN all the time. :D
Sorry, didn't mean to get testy.

And yes. I very much am of the opinion that Nintendo has dropped the ball this generation--at least for American gamers. Like I said earlier, I think that anyone who was on the fence between the Wii and the 360 was probably swayed by Halo 3's advertising machine.

I know that there isn't precedent for it, but this generation should have more information as games come out.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree with everything said here. The wii has been a huge letdown for me... none of the promises to appeal to the serious gamer have been fulfilled.
OMG a letdown, Twilight Princess is like teh best game ever=o ya! Brawl will be beter though, add Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Excite Truck, and the second best Wii game Super Paper Mario and you get the deal. The lack of online games+harddrive sucks, but the VC is difintely a plus.

@ Red Exodus
Your welcome, I just buy what games and consoles are good and appeal to me, and go with what's the best out there, and play what games are awsome and i keep playing them if they have awsome replay value. If Brawl, MP3, and SMG suck, or aren't as good as what's out there, I'm not afraid to get a PS3 or preferably a 360 (which I can't find, but I find a billion PS3's everywhere! :mad: ) and play their games. AS the saying goes, "Don't be a fanboy, be a gamer!" End of discussion, and end of the Halo insults=I win! ;)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Why speculate on game when the developers remove a good deal of the speculation already? I don't like to speculate. With speculation comes highly regarded opinions, which, when disagreed with, lead to flame wars and fanboys biting each others heads off.

No it doesn't make me a fanboy because I don't try to make myself look like bigshot. I play the game, I enjoy it, I discuss it. If I was a real fanboy my username would be a generic game name, and I'd be on Nsiders. I came here expecting to find intelligent people who can talk about something without trying to prove something to someone.

And I was throwing the kid company thing out there, if you want to take it to heart go ahead, be my guess.

When someone doesn't like the game I respect their opinion. But when they just ignore what's in the game that's where the problem comes. You probably don't even play FPSs. You don't know how annoying it is trying to find a FPS that actually changes over time. Go play console FPSs from ranging 2001-2007. Try to find FPSs deemed worthy of spending hundreds of hours on.

Now if you were to engage in that activity, you'd find some of the ****test FPSs ever invented. Smash is in it's own genre so it's not like you can compare it to anything. Smash only raises the bar over itself, no other games are really affected by smash's success or failure.

With Halo now, you have customization that is mind blowing. Coming from games with 14 pre-set game modes [like Timesplitters] and moving to one with over 50 modes that are actually fun is pretty good. Now FPS makers can't just sit on their *** and give us FPS X 1.5.

I don't really care what you think of me, this is the internet, you could be wheel-chair bound, you could be George Bush, you could be my evil clone inside the core of the earth. What you say won't get to me. If you disregard my post I won't really care either.

And I'd like you to point something out for me:

Where did I say I want Smash to be updated like Halo? Where did I mention Sakurai adopting methods used by Bungie. Please, enlighten me.

EDIT: Oh great, I've offended people, now I supposed they'll go out of their way to annoy me. Well go ahead.

I just realized that was one of my sayings John [well it might not be mine, per se, but I've stuck to it]. Don't be a fanboy be a gamer.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
wow some of you write too much...this is smash boards stop comparing SSBB to other games such as halo....i guess now we wait 2 days till the site updates again

Papapaint

wow some of you write too much...this is smash boards stop comparing SSBB to other games such as halo....i guess now we wait 2 days till the site updates again
Clarification:

We are NOT comparing Halo to Smash. We are not. I am comparing the methods of communication with fans used by Bungie to those used by Sakurai.

I do not feel that is an unfair comparison.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Sorry, didn't mean to get testy.

And yes. I very much am of the opinion that Nintendo has dropped the ball this generation--at least for American gamers. Like I said earlier, I think that anyone who was on the fence between the Wii and the 360 was probably swayed by Halo 3's advertising machine.

I know that there isn't precedent for it, but this generation should have more information as games come out.
No hard feelings. Yes, Halo 3 will sway gamers to get Xbox360. I suspect that alot of the people who are going to get Halo have already gotten a Xbox360.

On the topic, who needs new characters when you have gooey bombs? >___>

Sakurai needs more childrenz. *Throws child in volcanoe* For future reference, I am spelling volcano wrong on purpose.

Edit: forgot to mention the advertising and word of mouth will get more people to get Xbox 360 my bad

Papapaint

Then go talk about it somewhere else this thread is about the site not halo and smash

Read this post carefully.

Bungie has kept it's updates very continuous and satisfying.

Nintendo has not. This site is disappointing.

Notice how that had NOTHING to do with Halo or Smash, but rather the site and the way it's been updated? People were flaming anyone who said that the site was disappointing, I brought in examples from outside of Nintendo to show that we aren't asking too much.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Clarification:

We are NOT comparing Halo to Smash. We are not. I am comparing the methods of communication with fans used by Bungie to those used by Sakurai.

. . .As I said "ANYONE who calls themself a Nintendo fan should know that Nintendo is as tight lipped as Chuck Norris is manly. . ."

SSB=Nintendo which in turn means that Brawl news=no going to be too much until we get closer to the release date. . .

Edit- Really, if you expect Nintendo to meet your demand for news given their history than all I can say is that your setting your self up for disapointment.

The simple fact that we are getting day-to-day updates is almost too good to be true IMO.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Loni, what do you want us to talk about? Pit? Again? You are still kinda new so you don't realize it yet, but going on tid-bits of information for months on end takes it's toll on a person. The discussion loses appeal [and sometimes the game lots appeal too].

Yeah Pancake, I noticed how anyone who disagreed about the speed and quality of info was minute got flamed almost instantly. Personally I'd like new info but that's going to happen very slowly so I've kinda lost interest.

Papapaint

. . .As I said "ANYONE who calls themself a Nintendo fan should know that Nintendo is as tight lipped as Chuck Norris is manly. . ."

SSB=Nintendo which in turn means that Brawl news=no going to be too much until we get closer to the release date. . .
Knowing that does not mean I'm not allowed to be disappointed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Clarification:

Neither do I, seriously there are Halo 3 vid casts all over the internet and on youtube, there is a Halo 3 beta out now (I need to go to my friend's house to play it), and Halo fans everywhere are able to weigh in their opinions about the beta and game so far. I don't think SSBB is as close to being complete as Halo 3, but several vid cast videos (that are pretty sick), a few more trailers, and a beta later on for the Wii would be pretty nice.

C'mon, those thing would be pretty awsome, and all of us would want that, with English translation and subtitles of course! :laugh: Seriously, while waiting for Brawl wouldn't it be awsome if Nintendo released Melee online to keep us busy. Sure this isn't going to happen, but it would be neat, along with a Brawl beta with online like Halo 3 (could happen, you never know). Now seriously, who wouldn't want all of that=??? :)

burrito

Smash Lord
Then go talk about it somewhere else this thread is about the site not halo and smash
Okay, come on guys, he is not comparing Halo with Smash. Just the method that bungie uses to update to the method that Sakurai uses. I definitely agree with him on the point that it is a perfectly legitimate comparison. So, just stop telling him that he's comparing Halo and Smash, please!

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
People who complain of how Sakurai updates the site w/already comfirmed things are ****. He said the site will be updated every weekday, he's done that, therefore, he is keeping his promise. Some people are just overeager I guess...stupid little kids.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think Nintendo needs to taste desperation in order to want customers to flock to them. Their biggest problem is ignoring their competition. I'll elaborate but I have something on the stove, I'll continue when I come back.

Yes, very very mature FSL, insult people for their opinions. That'll make things better in no time. Now I suspect we'll all hold hands and sing choruses under trees as we reflect upon your inspiring words.

Also note how you proved mine and Pancake's points. Thank you for your co-operation.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
............ANYWAY, every character so far has a screen shot of their neutral B (not confirmed for pit, but its pretty likely). dont know if someone's already said that, but its something to keep in mind for when some more newcomers get put on the site.

edit: or characters who may have had a moveset change...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Knowing that does not mean I'm not allowed to be disappointed.
To and to what I said in my edit that you probly didn't read.

Edit- Really, if you expect Nintendo to meet your demand for news given their history than all I can say is that your setting your self up for disapointment.

The simple fact that we are getting day-to-day updates is almost too good to be true IMO

Now adding. . .
HOW much brand new news can we expect from a DAY-TO-DAY updated web site? At this rate if he where to give us new news every day than we would know everything before a month after E3. . .I expect him to stop updating so much after we get a few more new things.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo needs to taste desperation in order to want customers to flock to them. Their biggest problem is ignoring their competition. I'll elaborate but I have something on the stove, I'll continue when I come back.

Yes, very very mature FSL, insult people for their opinions. That'll make things better in no time. Now I suspect we'll all hold hands and sing choruses under trees as we reflect upon your inspiring words.

Also note how you proved mine and Pancake's points. Thank you for your co-operation.
Yeah, I'm mature of how I'm proving that Sakurai is keeping his promise. Maybe people like you should just accept the fact that he's actually updating the site on weekdays daily, and any info is great. Sheesh, talk about having a lack of patience.:confused: You remind me of people from NSider.

And yeah, I'm wrong, seeing that many people don't agree with you.

Papapaint

Even still... what we're getting is not news. It's olds. Sure sure, gooey bomb, b moves, blah blah. We have no substantial news. Just old information with a little bit of speculation.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People who complain of how Sakurai updates the site w/already comfirmed things are ****. He said the site will be updated every weekday, he's done that, therefore, he is keeping his promise. Some people are just overeager I guess...stupid little kids.
I'm happy with it, but post-E3 he should start nailing us with tons of info. The first update/reopening of the site was sick, the rest (excpet the gooey bomb) weren't really. After E3 Nintendo has to gear up, and get desperate for us to want Brawl, and put all they have in them in Brawl. I'm merely talking about what should be Nintendo's post-E3, (or simply when they are at the stages Hal o3 is at now) and the strategies they should use with Brawl.

@ Red Exodus
I agree with you ignoring competition is bad, but the biggest problem is lack of communication with the fanbase, especially outside of Japan. Seriously, Sakurai shouldn't just poll Japan, he should poll us here in NA, and on the other side of the pond in Europe, and the rest of the world that enjoys smash. Anyways, I think Sakurai should poll us on stuff, and see who we want, instead of just polling Japan. Fortunately, I think he could do this, probably on his official website as well. :)

Kirye

Smash Ace
Probably not much point to writing another large post, so i'll make it short and sweet.

What annoyed me where the people complaining that Brawl isn't getting as much information given as Halo 3 is, and expecting Nintendo to follow along. Whereas FPS games, not just Halo, ALL FPS games have limits to what you can speculate. Melee surprised millions enough so that with Brawl coming out, people are guessing multitudes of things wondering what new characters will get in. And this game is unique in that it involves characters we know.

I personally like the element of surprise and suspense here. But I suppose people are allowed to whine. =\

And Red Exodus, what exactly is your definition of fanboy then? Because if being a fan of a game on a site of the game isn't fanboyism, how exactly is my head up Nintendo's rear? I'm confused.

Anyway, ima go watch Pirates 3, later guys.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Even still... what we're getting is not news. It's olds. Sure sure, gooey bomb, b moves, blah blah. We have no substantial news. Just old information with a little bit of speculation.
. . . .Its only been 4 days and we already have 20 new screens/ a new item and a huge list of composers.

. . . The lack of patience in today's fast world is amazing. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom