• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Its the back of Halberd as it's turning away from the screen.

And I just noticed this little thing, so I figure I'll just throw it out there. Pit's feet look like the hands/fingers of characters in OoT. Not very nice on detail.

crazyq42

Smash Rookie
i'm still trying to figure out the pattern on the website of releasing things my theory is next week monday kirby and pikachu game mode music and stage and then metaknight and following that sort of thing releasing three confirmed characters a week until it's time for the new ones where they will release one on monday and friday any thoughts on this

Keku

Smash Apprentice
i'm still trying to figure out the pattern on the website of releasing things my theory is next week monday kirby and pikachu game mode music and stage and then metaknight and following that sort of thing releasing three confirmed characters a week until it's time for the new ones where they will release one on monday and friday any thoughts on this
Cool no dots or capital letters at all! That's a pain to read you know..

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Anyway, cool. It's nice to see what they're doing to him after his long absence. Now is the best time for Nintendo to make a Kid Icarus game for the Wii. If they don't use this opportunity, they're crazy.
There was actually a rumor going around about 2 years ago. The game Dead Pheonix, that Capcom canceled for the cube, is supposedly being remade into a Kid Icarus for the Wii. They both seem pretty similiar.

Dead Phoenix Wiki
Dead phoenix trailer

I wouldn't mind seeing this reworked.

Shark X

Smash Lord
There was actually a rumor going around about 2 years ago. The game Dead Pheonix, that Capcom canceled for the cube, is supposedly being remade into a Kid Icarus for the Wii. They both seem pretty similiar.

Dead Phoenix Wiki
Dead phoenix trailer

I wouldn't mind seeing this reworked.
Holy crap that game looked awesome. Too bad it was cancelled. I wonder why that was.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
i'm not going to check the website for the whole of next week. and on saturday ill get 5 new things!

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
clearly you've never worn a toga...they chafe like, well...something that chafes a lot.
You're very correct, I haven't.
So yeah, I can certainly see what you mean, but an angel wearing spandex still strikes me as a bit odd. It's just me though so whatever, I'll shut up now.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I bet you a million dollars that no pattern will ever emerge out of this.
stage/music
2 characters
1 item
1 character

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Agree with Kamaji, there's no reason that Sakurai needs to follow a pattern to release information. Seeing as how each post takes a whole 5 minutes to make, he can just wing it. But what a *******, 5 minute post for 24 hour wait.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
woo... pit... sigh

this pit is pendulous... WHY CAN'T WE GET CONTROL OPTIONS? WHY?

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
I was looking at the new pic of pit, and something didn't look right. Just another reason why this update sucks, Pit has lost a LOT of detail since last year, not just his face.

Check out the differences in his hair and wings.

Plomid

Smash Ace
Old: Pre-rendered
New: Ingame and i say it looks pretty fkn nice.
and also there will be an update tomorrow just in case you thought it wouldn't.
why?
same reason the site released i day later(alteast where i live).
but i guess tomorrow doesn't meant the same for us all does it?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree that he looks way better in the old screenshot and he looks much more detailed than he does now, they should have just kept him like that imo

I was looking at the new pic of pit, and something didn't look right. Just another reason why this update sucks, Pit has lost a LOT of detail since last year, not just his face.

You do relize:

1.The "old" picture is nothing but a touched up photo of Pit,and not his actual game model.

2.The"new" picture is his in game model.

3.The"new" model has been seen in both of the smash trailers and not the first one.if you take a look back,the new one is exactly the same as the ones in both of the trailers.

The old picture has never been used,it is only there for illustration purposes.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'll take 5 minute updates, as long as he spends the rest of the time perfecting brawl personally, and I'm guessing the quality of the photo is worse for a reason we don't understand yet.

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
They're probably not going to reveal that much information that us the public wants. They'll probably show a few new characters and stages, but I don't see why they would want to show us everything. It's very smart to keep it like this from Nintendo's perspective.

I

i8waffles612

He looks cool kinda...

I hope he will be able to shoot arrows while floating in the air like in the E3 trailer

majoras.

Smash Journeyman

your toughts suck

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, I think we are having the same problem people have with EVERY single game that is months away from been released. That is that we want a lot of info, but we get almost no info at all. We have to understand that Sakurai and his team are hard at work into making this game one of the best fighting (if not the best, which I doubt) game for nintendo. So we have to be a little more grateful for them for, at least, showing us some nice pictures of how the development of the game is going. Besides, seeing that we get an update everyday, I think that a week from now, we will have enough info to talk about.

As for the pit pictures, I like the new one. It looks cleaner and better looking for the game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Personally, I like the trickle of ino MUCH more than having a pile thrust at us and then having NOTHING til it's released. I guess I'm the kind to nibble away at the cookie rather than just eat it all in one bite.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
so is that it for this week? or is there gonna be more updates? cuz as far as i know Saturday and Sunday are still weekdays because they're part of a 7 day week

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
People complaining about updates surprises me. We used to get NO information, since November, and now we get one update every weekday and people are like "omg this sucks" we got four new screens of Pit and and a little more info on him, these updates rule man, it's great to have something to brighten my week every day. Some people just can't be satisfied I suppose. >:o

Somasu

Smash Ace
People complaining about updates surprises me. We used to get NO information, since November, and now we get one update every weekday and people are like "omg this sucks" we got four new screens of Pit and and a little more info on him, these updates rule man, it's great to have something to brighten my week every day. Some people just can't be satisfied I suppose. >:o

You say exactly what I think.

I'll admit that I was one of the people that were a little disappointed when the site first released, but now I'm way more than satisfied.

I like having a little something to look forward to every weekday. Makes me all tingly and happy inside.

OmegaXXII

You sir win!:)

Pyr0

Smash Ace

- Rendered in Maya viewer, Rendered in Model viewer with Smash Engine.
- Doubt is the final build of it
- Will probably be upgraded with some bump maping and normal maping.
- This is not the finished product, theres still some months till the game is released.

EDIT: Look at his big toe, it looks kinda funky xD

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yes if they gave me some juicy new news then i would be happy. if i was just going to get another ****ing pic of pit then i would have rather of not gotten that info anyways. gooey bomb? who gives a **** about a gay item. composers? ok, im not going to lie, this was newsworthy, the composers list is epic. for one i LOVE the kingdom hearts series music, and they are going to be working on select songs? YAYUHZ!!!!. mario and link pics? who the **** cares about some gay *** new pics of the same ****ing characters. battlefield? kinda bleh, but i will give them props on it anyway because it is kinda new how they show the different cycles a la the yoshis story stage. so we have the right to be disappointed. it doesnt matter if we get new info if it ISNT new!!!!1...peace

-hiroshi

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
yes if they gave me some juicy new news then i would be happy. if i was just going to get another ****ing pic of pit then i would have rather of not gotten that info anyways. gooey bomb? who gives a **** about a gay item. composers? ok, im not going to lie, this was newsworthy, the composers list is epic. for one i LOVE the kingdom hearts series music, and they are going to be working on select songs? YAYUHZ!!!!. mario and link pics? who the **** cares about some gay *** new pics of the same ****ing characters. battlefield? kinda bleh, but i will give them props on it anyway because it is kinda new how they show the different cycles a la the yoshis story stage. so we have the right to be disappointed. it doesnt matter if we get new info if it ISNT new!!!!1...peace

-hiroshi
i agree with you about the part where you said getting old new sucks, but we get screenshots and sakurai has to put up all the characters anyway. although i wish he would put more on at once besides one entry per day. but i still love getting updates.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord

-hiroshi
Jeez. Dude, pop another ritalin and calm the hell down.

I seriously can't figure out why everybody's complaining about the updates, especially since they've spent the laast 6 or 7 months complaining about the lack of updates. You guys seem to think that Sakurai and his team owes it to us to show us everything we want to see, when we want to see it. Well, he doesn't. He's free to show us what he wants, when he wants. Besides, he probably wants to hold off on any really big news until E3. That's what I would do, at any rate. So you guys just calm down and be glad that we're getting updates of any kind. Or do you all just need something to complain about?

OmegaXXII

I feel the same way, I know some of us are still "hyped" about some new updates and think they are not worth it, but c'mon guys at least it's better than nothing, after all Sakurai chose to put these updates and could have decided not to put any at all until it is released which would have been alot worse, so for all those people who are complaining of the updates y'all should calm down because after all complaning won't change a thing

Plomid

Smash Ace
and also there will be an update tomorrow just in case you thought it wouldn't.
why?
same reason the site released i day later(alteast where i live).
but i guess tomorrow doesn't meant the same for us all does it?
so is that it for this week? or is there gonna be more updates? cuz as far as i know Saturday and Sunday are still weekdays because they're part of a 7 day week
i knew this would happen and no Saturday and Sunday are weekends not weekdays.....well technically weekends and weekbeginnings :p

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
yeah i love to get updates, too.
its something i have to look forward to when 2morrow comes.:) hey solider, we need 2 make a clan. i could make a website. wadda say?

besides, he released 3 characters this week, in a month he'll run out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom