• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Probably not much point to writing another large post, so i'll make it short and sweet.

What annoyed me where the people complaining that Brawl isn't getting as much information given as Halo 3 is, and expecting Nintendo to follow along. Whereas FPS games, not just Halo, ALL FPS games have limits to what you can speculate. Melee surprised millions enough so that with Brawl coming out, people are guessing multitudes of things wondering what new characters will get in. And this game is unique in that it involves characters we know.

I personally like the element of surprise and suspense here. But I suppose people are allowed to whine. =\

And Red Exodus, what exactly is your definition of fanboy then? Because if being a fan of a game on a site of the game isn't fanboyism, how exactly is my head up Nintendo's rear? I'm confused.

Anyway, ima go watch Pirates 3, later guys.
Everyone, look.

THIS is comparing Smash with Halo. And it's wrong.

There is plenty to speculate about in that genre. Stop being closed-minded.

Papapaint

. . . .Its only been 4 days and we already have 20 new screens/ a new item and a huge list of composers.

. . . The lack of patience in today's fast world is amazing. . .
New screens of old news. A new item and a composers list does not merit them telling all the major gaming sites that there was going to be a MAJOR update, nor was it worth the countdown clock.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
. . . .Its only been 4 days and we already have 20 new screens/ a new item and a huge list of composers.

Thanks for proving my point. :)

There is actually people with ZERO patience.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
New screens of old news. A new item and a composers list does not merit them telling all the major gaming sites that there was going to be a MAJOR update, nor was it worth the countdown clock.

I agree with that. That's what makes their site disappointing. I'd much rather go months without news if that's what it takes to get some news.

Black/Light

Smash Master

And to add to that, it seems that we are getting at or around 4+ screen shots a day. . .wow.

And yeah, D-E, I noticed that every profile seems to show the B attack.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm back, here's the beginning again:

I think Nintendo needs to taste desperation in order to want customers to flock to them. Their biggest problem is ignoring their competition. [now to elaborate] Nintendo loses customers because they refuse to follow the same standards as their opponents, which is a good thing and a bad thing.

While ignoring MS and Sony, Nintendo never say the, slightly, unnecessary DVD playback included, which raised the price of MS ans Sony's console. They also missed online [looks like they want to catch up now], which is the reason I believe Nintendo is without decent 3rd party support. They also missed supporting hard drives. Yes memory cards and SD cards are great but what happens when you want to buy a large number of games? The SD cards will pile up and internal memory will run out.

One minute thing that bugs me is lack of music support. Yes Sony ignored that but personal music is always good. If you don't want personal music in your games than don't upload any, simple.

And Red Exodus, what exactly is your definition of fanboy then? Because if being a fan of a game on a site of the game isn't fanboyism, how exactly is my head up Nintendo's rear? I'm confused.
In my eyes, fanboyism is extreme. They don't just enjoy what they're fans of, they are obsessed with it. It's kinda like those people that believe Harry Potter is real as they throw on garbage bags, grab broomsticks and jump out 10 story buildings while trying to cast a spell.

And about the head up Nintendo's rear thing, that was bad judgement on my part. I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Everyone, look.

THIS is comparing Smash with Halo. And it's wrong.

There is plenty to speculate about in that genre. Stop being closed-minded.
no, he didnt compare them. he said the FPS games in general have limits to your speculations. thats not a comparison. he never COMPARED anything.

listen, you've made your point. enough already.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Yeah, I guess updating the official (not place holder like the last one) smash site every week day after not saying jack for a half a year doen't merit attention.

Nor does showing us newer screens from the latest progess of the game merit attention. . .

Good god:dizzy: . . .

burrito

Smash Lord
Source where they said that there was going to be a major update, please.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
. . . .Yeah, I guess updating the official (not place holder like the last one) smash site every week day after not saying jack for a half a year doen't merit attention.

Nor does showing us newer screens from the latest progess of the game merit attention. . .

Good god:dizzy: . . .
But why can't do that and give us a release date and confirmation on which controller will be used?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There wasn't really one, except the friggen unbelieveable musician list, which totally blew my mind!

Anyways, we should stop comparing Halo 3 and SSBB, and how they are doing at the current moment, because it is obvious that Halo 3 is closer to completion, and will probably be released earlier. We should talk about what Nintendo should do post-E3, or simply where Halo 3 is right now.

Papapaint

It said it on the Nintendo home page for quite some time.

Anyway, I'm tired of getting slammed for a legit complaint. Whatever is said, I am of the opinion that it is not unrealistic to have expected more, newer information.

Black/Light

Smash Master
But why can't do that and give us a release date and confirmation on which controller will be used?
Maybe they don't want to make a promise they don't know for sure that they can keep so thats why it's TBA 07?
Maybe that news is coming later. . .maybe they want to shock us at e3?

And controller. . . pretty safe to assume that Wiimote+Num c/ GC/ CC controllers will be used:ohwell: .

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Maybe they don't want to make a promise they don't know for sure that they can keep so thats why it's TBA 07?

And controller. . . pretty safe to assume that Wiimote+Num c/ GC/ CC controllers will be used:ohwell: .
Reggie already re- confirmed it for 07. Looks like they made a promise already.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, same here, I think they're saving the bunch of info for E3 instead of the update of the site.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well, when they put up a big countdown sign and shut down the site, it kinda gives off the impression that there was something worth counting down for. I mean, it's not like people run around saying "It's 7 days till I move my bed 10 inches to the left!!".

And Kirye, my reply is in the edit of my post before this.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Anyways, we should stop comparing Halo 3 and SSBB, and how they are doing at the current moment, because it is obvious that Halo 3 is closer to completion, and will probably be released earlier. We should talk about what Nintendo should do post-E3, or simply where Halo 3 is right now.
. . . MP3 comes out before Halo and we still don't know much about it.
I would say that Sakurai is pretty close to completing the game if he released 20 screen shots in the past 4 days (along with Snake's dev comment about it feeling very complete and that it could be sold now).

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Well, when they put up a big countdown sign and shut down the site, it kinda gives off the impression that there was something worth countdown for. I mean, it's not like people run around saying "It's 7 days till I move my bed 10 inches to the left!!".

Exactly. And when IGN post about it, it gives of the appearance that something huge was around the corner.

Papapaint

Well, when they put up a big countdown sign and shut down the site, it kinda gives off the impression that there was something worth counting down for. I mean, it's not like people run around saying "It's 7 days till I move my bed 10 inches to the left!!".

Well said. I lol'd.

Black/Light

Smash Master
"Reggie already re- confirmed it for 07. Looks like they made a promise already"
. . . I know, that was my point,TBA 07 means " we aint given you a date. . .but it WILL come this year!"
Well, when they put up a big countdown sign and shut down the site, it kinda gives off the impression that there was something worth countdown for. I mean, it's not like people run around saying "It's 7 days till I move my bed 10 inches to the left!!".

Yeah, the start of the day-to-day update of the official site, which we can all see leads to news, isn't something to get pumped for after the 6 months of darkness. . . .

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
. . . MP3 comes out before Halo and we still don't know much about it.
I would say that Sakurai is pretty close to completing the game if he released 20 screen shots in the past 4 days (along with Snake's dev comment about it feeling very complete and that it could be sold now).
I think it is close to completion, but c'mon Halo 3 has maps out and everything, I don't see Brawl coming out in September, and if you go to IFN, Gametrailers, or someplace like that you can find 30-40 minutes of previews and trailers of Metroid Prime 3. Brawl...well...we got 40-50 pics+2 trailers and a bit of other info.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Exactly. And when IGN post about it, it gives of the appearance that something huge was around the corner.
why would ign know anymore than we do?

we all got excited about the site update, and to some extent we all felt a little let down after it wasnt as much as we would have liked. but nintendo are now releasing regular updates. not all of thsi info is new now, but at some point it will be.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
My bad, I forgot the week-daily update thing [the news hasn't been that memorable imo]. But seriously, that was no reason to shutdown the site and have countdown. They could've just made a small announcement saying they would revamp the site on 'date X' and that they would start week-daily updates from date X. It's simple and removes a lot of problems.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman

Well, do you think new daily weekday updates aren't big news? That was the big news on the updated site. They're not revealing much new stuff, but at least it's something. :confused:

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think it is close to completion, but c'mon Halo 3 has maps out and everything, I don't see Brawl coming out in September, and if you go to IFN, Gametrailers, or someplace like that you can find 30-40 minutes of previews and trailers of Metroid Prime 3. Brawl...well...we got 40-50 pics+2 trailers and a bit of other info.
. . . The head man of Nintendo confirmed a end of summer to fall release for SSBB.

And really, MP3 was going to be a Wii release title and they had enuff for a e3 demo. . . .they had a HAMMER demo as well so I just HAMMER should be coming to us in the start of the summer or something. . .
And BW2 comes out on Halo's release date. . . we don't know much about that either.

As has been said, Nintendo is VERY tight lipped. They aint releaseing alot of info unless the game is going to be release VERY soon (a month or 2). So you can't assume the game aint as complete just because of info.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
@pancake

Well, it means there will be news coming shortly. Maybe not new news, but possibly sometime in the near future. :)

That was all I was trying to tell everyone.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
My bad, I forgot the week-daily update thing [the news hasn't been that memorable imo]. But seriously, that was no reason to shutdown the site and have countdown. They could've just made a small announcement saying they would revamp the site on 'date X' and that they would start week-daily updates from date X. It's simple and removes a lot of problems.
maybe it would have, but doing that certainly wouldnt have got people as excited (perhaps for the wrong reasons but excited none the less) as they are now. i'm not saying that was nintendo's intention but theres no denying that everyone is a whole lot more eager than they were previously. NintendoWarrior posted a couple of days ago saying that the 'major update' was crap and that he wasnt gonna have any more to do with Brawl until it came out, but here he is, posting again. theres no denying the attraction of this game, no matter what nintendo pull.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
. . . The head man of Nintendo confirmed a end of summer to fall release for SSBB.

And really, MP3 was going to be a Wii release title and they had enuff for a e3 demo. . . .they had a HAMMER demo as well so I just HAMMER should be coming to us in the start of the summer or something. . .
And BW2 comes out on Halo's release date. . . we don't know much about that either.

As has been said, Nintendo is VERY tight lipped. They aint releaseing alot of info unless the game is going to be release VERY soon (a month or 2). So you can't assume the game aint as complete just because of info.
The Head of Nintendo of America said he plans on doing that, or at least thye are thinking about it.

Brawl was set as a Wii release title as well, now wasn't it=??? So you're saying anywhere from 30-50 minutes of trailers isn't much, along with several E3 demos=??? Nintendo better crack and give us info and stop ignoring us, and hopefully E3 will be the begining of change, where from then on I think we'll get head high info via the SSBB site. I can't assume this because of lack of info, but for the biggest title for a new system with a fierce rival as **** as hell can, and be accurate too!

I'm off to see Pirates 3, see ya!

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
maybe it would have, but doing that certainly wouldnt have got people as excited (perhaps for the wrong reasons but excited none the less) as they are now. i'm not saying that was nintendo's intention but theres no denying that everyone is a whole lot more eager than they were previously. NintendoWarrior posted a couple of days ago saying that the 'major update' was crap and that he wasnt gonna have any more to do with Brawl until it came out, but here he is, posting again. theres no denying the attraction of this game, no matter what nintendo pull.
LOL, yeah I was hoping since today is Friday that maybe they would have given us something good to hold us over for the weekend. But i was wrong. :(

LOL@ Announcement about announcement.

Papapaint

Rofl, an announcement about announcements. Japan is weird. I wonder what their newspapers are like.
"Tomorrow, our reporters hit the streets to bring you... JOURNALISM! Read tommorrow's paper for exciting accounts of how they find this stuff called "news", and next week, a sneak peek at what some of this "news" actually is!"

Black/Light

Smash Master
The Head of Nintendo of America said he plans on doing that, or at least thye are thinking about it.

Brawl was set as a Wii release title as well, now wasn't it=??? So you're saying anywhere from 30-50 minutes of trailers isn't much, along with several E3 demos=??? Nintendo better crack and give us info and stop ignoring us, and hopefully E3 will be the begining of change, where from then on I think we'll get head high info via the SSBB site. I can't assume this because of lack of info, but for the biggest title for a new system with a fierce rival as **** as hell can, and be accurate too!

I'm off to see Pirates 3, see ya!
. . .No, he said that is was coming in the end of summer to fall. . .no "we will try. . . " just "end of summer to fall".

And BRAWL wasn't set for a Wii release. . . the SSB3 game that would have came about with nothing more than new characters and online would have been a Wii release had Sakurai not been involed. This was said BEFORE work on the game even started. . . BEFORE Sakurai decided to do it.

MP3 info aint much seeing as the controls and gfx have gotten a complete overhaul and none of the stuff we knew about had much too it.

And people assumed MP3, a HUGE project for the wii, would be a 08 game even with the demo and all. . . assuming gets ever so accurate.

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
SSBB WAS set to be a launch title back in 2005 go to ign and u will see for urself and i too expected good enough news to fill up the weekend but nooo we got new 4 pics of a character we knew about and now we got nothing till monday Nintendo is pissin me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom