• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
if im guessing correctly, mondays update SHOULD be gamemodes. after monday, if we get music and a stage, then it looks like we will have a pattern. i REALLY want to know what the menu format will look like :estatic:

go clefairy! :035:

The Director

Smash Lord
I am sort of curious what they will put the ones who came from melee under.
Probably 'Returning Fighters' or something along those lines. I would assume the rest of the original smash bros. will all be veteran fighters.

i REALLY want to know what the menu format will look like :estatic:
So far we've gotten screenshots that correlate to characters and items...menu shots will probably come with gameplay updates.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
The problem with everything is 'Not enough Snake'.

The problem with TP: Not enough Snake.

The problem with Halo: Not enough Snake.

The problem with Final Fantasy: Not enough Snake.

The problem with the SSBB site: NOT ENOUGH SNAAAAAAAAKE!!

:laugh: Kidding, of course. But I still say an update for Snake would be jolly. We have been shown a few things but we still know so little. I want to see his super smash! (Please please please be a nuke...)

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
Well i think if they updated the site wit how the game menu would look it could be the first thing in the game modes section. Maybe a pic of the game menu and one by one explain them

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Probably 'Returning Fighters' or something along those lines. I would assume the rest of the original smash bros. will all be veteran fighters.
I'm guessing similiar, there will probably be four sections of characters: Veterans (SSB64 fighters), Returning (Melee fighters), Newcomers (new characters) and Guests (third party).

The main game menu will probably be revealed piece by piece with various gameplay and game mode elements. However, I'd almost think that'll be the last thing they'll complete. Although I'm extremely eager to see what it looks like too. :O Along with the character selection screen.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
He'll probably be the last character revealed of the ones we already know considering that he's a third party character.
Not just that he's a third party character, but I think Sakurai has said that third parties will be unlockables. And unlockables will undoubtably be last in the updates.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think they'll make it too hard to unlock characters we know of already, you'll have to unlock Snake though, that's confirmed, and I assume all 3rds will have to be unlocked.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing they'll update either the notices, game mode, or character sections on Monday. If they update the characters, they will likely re-announce Kirby and Pikachu.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I expect SOMETHING for monday - it is what keeps me going. I don't care much about patterns - I just wish that updates on already revealed characters offered a little more tangible information. Is Mario a kick-*** juper now? To what degree are Pit's arrow's controllable? Is Link's repertoire changed? I'm itchier than a naked mole rat in a wool sweater...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Zamus! ****, that's a perfect abbreviation. I still wonder about the "conditions" under whics Samus will get all wetsuit on our tushies... A percentage of damage? A simple command (that is not technically a condition...)? Receiving a smash attack?

We can basically deduce that she is not a separate char altogether, so I really wonder what is up...

No matter, all I know is that a pistol that goes "click" and can be used for some orange-gleaming dominatrix destruction is worth waiting for all the way until December...

I

i8waffles612

I really want a Samus/Zamus update. Then we'll finally know exactly how that's gonna work. Or maybe Sakurai will be cryptic just like last time.
Me too, Because I remember 100% that on smashboards.com before the update, it said That Samus "takes off" her suit and turns into Zamus"

So that means they are the same characters.

Hopefully they fix that-
I dont like that

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
Me too, Because I remember 100% that on smashboards.com before the update, it said That Samus "takes off" her suit and turns into Zamus"

So that means they are the same characters.

Hopefully they fix that-
I dont like that
i really want to know how thats going to work to. if they are the same character, then they will change back and forth. how is samus going to put her suit back on? just pick it off the ground? :urg:

Wrath`

Smash Master
To above.
i asked the same question and got
"she respllyis it with magnetic force"wich is bull

i think they need to be seperate characters

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe after she uses her smash she has like a 3 minute cool down before she can put her suit back on again.

I

i8waffles612

I would be quite mad if they are the same characters....

P.S. We Must Have Hyrule Castle Back!!! MUSSSSTTTTT. That is the best map ever!!!

Hyrule temple was wayyy too big

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe they could have the stage like that big in TP were you had to fight the giant metal goron with the iron boots a level kinda like that were it tilts and stuff.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Why are so many people wanting Zamus and Samus to be seperate chars? It is far more accurate if Smaus turns into Zamus, as in every metroid game Samus transformes like that as well... unrealistic as it is, it's still cooler imo.

Also, this adds way more playability to Samus. Fighting a super fast character? Transform in Zamus. Need ranged over melee? Stay as Samus.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the reason i wouldn't want that is that i'm worried that it will be like zelda/shiek, in that zelda's so-so but everyone plays shiek. I'm worried that samus would get toned down in favor of Zamus. also, it takes away from samu's available moves. imagine in melee if samus could transform like zelda. there would be a down B for transform, and there fore no bombs. CNa you imagine samus without bombs? I'd rather have them both separate so that they can develop as separate characters.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im for the taunt!

Making them separate characters would be a bit of a waste dontcha think and if they made Samus feel more like a Metroid prime Samus (Heavy and strong) that would be much better

jaza

Smash Rookie
The taunt idea is really good, and answering hellsoldierx15 i really don't think she'll change back and forth, my theory is once you change to zamus it'll stay that way at least until the end of the stock

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I like the taunt idea but as i said previously they might make it so that after she uses her smash she will change into zamus and then after like a few minutes you would be able to change back... but what about those people that would prefer to play as just Zamus there should be a way to change between them at will! (like the taunt)

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai stated that Samus "transforms into Zero Suit Samus, under certain conditions" plus in the trailer it shows her remove the suit. Point? Zamus won't be a seperate character. This certain condition doesn't have to be her down b like Zelda, that would just be stupid, no more bombs for Samus...? I'm thinking you can charge your beam up, then while it's charging press a certain button to begin charging a 'next level' of the charge beam. Once it reaches its pinnicle charge, you could release it in a massive blast for bigger damage, and thus removing Samus' suit for the match. This would be effective since the massive charge wouldn't be 'cheap' since it would take forever to charge, and 1v1 players wouldn't use it because of it's drawn out length of charge. I also forsee them making the 2nd level charge un-pausable, so you cant just evade people while charging it till you get that massive blast. It would likely be that you can only use it in the right situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom