• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
If we assume that they are first going to announce all the stuff we already know then we should be waiting at least 3 weeks before we actually get anything new.
Characters - 8 left at 2 a day will 4 days
Stages - Not sure how many have been seen but I'll guess around 9 days
How To Play - Generic stuff, throwing A/B attacks, dodging thats another 3 days

That will be everything we know officially so far. They may throw in a new thing here or there (not characters though, possible obvious modes and returning items). But there is always the music to look forward to with the stages.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
If we assume that they are first going to announce all the stuff we already know then we should be waiting at least 3 weeks before we actually get anything new.

That will be everything we know officially so far. They may throw in a new thing here or there (not characters though, possible obvious modes and returning items). But there is always the music to look forward to with the stages.
the music and the stages will be fine for me.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So, they started the character section, with Mario and Link. Well, they were going to get to it eventually, might as well be now. Hey, the sooner we get the confirmed things overwith, the sooner we can get to the deeper stuff! I'm hoping to see more from the music section, myself! :)

TGM

Smash Lord
ethan, the site launched a little before 2am Central time. I don't know why you keep saying 10. Count from 2am to wherever your time zone is, and figure it out.

That said, there is no guarantee that it will update at the same time. In fact there's no guarantee that it will update AT ALL.

Just wanted to make that clear.

*EDIT* I know that the site says "Daily Weekday updates!," but Nintendo also said that Brawl would be a launch game. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up.

I live in TX(central time) and the site opened at 2:58am. the site updated last night at 2:58 as well. so its safe to say it updates at 3am for central

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice

Who's to say he won't drop a character bombshell on us completely out of the blue? The great thing about this site is that he can release any info about Brawl whenever he chooses. He doesn't have to go through all the already announced characters first. The information is going to release one way or another, and this way adds a great deal of excitement to the process.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Hey, on the musical credits, why are some of the game titles in caps? Could that be a hint as to characters? Because if so, I will go crazy...

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
This repeating what we already know could potentially go on for months. The Game Modes and How to Play sections can give them limitless ammunition to keep posting junk updates by posting "2-Player Melee, 4-Player Melee, Coin Mode, Giant Mode" and "smash attacks, projectiles, special moves" ad infinitum. Some of those minor updates can be mined for the revealing detailsl, but the truly big updates, it seems, are going to be few and far between in the form of new video, new charcter reveals, and highlights of Adventure mode, new modes--I imagine most of the summer will be junk updates until July or August when the good stuff will start coming, but I could be wrong.

PB&J

Smash Hero
link is going to be a beast but pit will be better..thats why i have to master everybody except wario and waluigi for all u potentiall pit players hoping on the bandwagon...i really just want sonic and knuckles

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll just try and stay away from the Dojo for a week or two, so that when I look again, there's something to see.
With as little effort was put into those posts, they could have posted every annouced character in one go. I wouldn't be so upset if the posts actually told us anything about the charaters besides their lame background summary. Only good bit I see is Link's new crouching bow position.

PB&J

Smash Hero
yeah..i think it will be easier to master than melee with all the glitches and mistakes..there probably will only be a few so it will be hectic and i hope their is alot of competition

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wouldn't count on Brawl's online being competitive.

First off Nintendo is new to online and we don't even know if Brawl is going to be online since we haven't received any info about online since the beginning.

Secondly, online will have lag. No doubt. 1 frame of lag will screw up any competitive player which is why they don't play on HDTVs. Then they'll be lag johns like "I lagged for the whole fight" [it's possible....meh..] and such. Then there's the friend code BS and all of that.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I wouldn't count on Brawl's online being competitive.

First off Nintendo is new to online and we don't even know if Brawl is going to be online since we haven't received any info about online since the beginning.

Secondly, online will have lag. No doubt. 1 frame of lag will screw up any competitive player which is why they don't play on HDTVs. Then they'll be lag johns like "I lagged for the whole fight" [it's possible....meh..] and such. Then there's the friend code BS and all of that.
I do not think there is noticeble lag unless one uses composite cables. Who uses composit calbes to hook up to HD tvs anways? Also, that is going to be my john. :laugh:

Joke, definitely no johns.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Well Nintendo is going to have to make sure there's no lag now isn't it?

Online shoudl still be added. In worst case if there is lag, people can just choose NOT to go online.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I never said I don't want online. I said don't expect any competition like you find in tournaments online. It will never be the same, it will come close but it will miss the details tournaments have. I have little to no idea what they are seeing as I have never been to one but if it's one thing I know is there's nothing like having a bunch of people around you who love the same thing.

I plan to go online, I have no choice. It's either online, level 9s, my 3 year old sister or my mom.

EDIT: Hey cool my post is 1985 like that song by Bowling for soup!

"There was Stacy, Madonna, waving for Nirvana
There was U2 and blondie[?]
And music still on MTV
Her 2 kids in high school,
They tell her that's she's uncool
Cuz she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985!"

Lol

Conker1

Smash Ace
In the end lag is the responsibility of the players, not the company.(Nintendo must of course optimize it though)

Halo 2 has plenty of competitiveness and I'm sure it has its lag occasionally.

Hell, I used to play Counter-Strike competitively online, if you lagged its either you or the server, and if its the server *GASP* you just change servers.

Besides who has dial-up anymore anyway.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Halo 2 is still being supported by MLG, which is probably the best tournament provider around.

And when I say competitive I mean people that know the game down to animation frame count and hitbox size, people like Mew2King.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
They should let the Smash team be the art director for all of Nintendo's games. I wish Galaxy's Mario looked as totally awesome as Brawl's.

Sigh.

I wish they would go full out with these character profiles and explain all the special attacks. That would at least make the characters we already know interesting.

(here's to hoping he explains the controls soon)

NES n00b

Smash Master
They should let the Smash team be the art director for all of Nintendo's games. I wish Galaxy's Mario looked as totally awesome as Brawl's.

Sigh.

I wish they would go full out with these character profiles and explain all the special attacks. That would at least make the characters we already know interesting.

(here's to hoping he explains the controls soon)
What's wrong with the Mario Galaxy art? I like it. :mad:

I do agree however that Brawl's art kick so much ***. I was hoping for moves in the bios.

NES n00b

Smash Master
:
well it does look like mario has the same moveset, but links attack and landing look a bit tweeked.
From what I have to go on, I made these haphazard conjecture. :D

1. He has a longer sword range is seems which would be really good. He definitely needed it in Melee (or more speed in his attacks :urg: ).

2. His bow fires faster which means he has a better projectile game. His bow firing is seen firing in the second trailer. If this does come true, I would be even more happy than with range. I love projectiles. :laugh:

That is all I pretty much got. I wish for official movesets. :(

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i am kinda worried now, because i believe these 'daily updates' are just going to be a whole bunch of old stuff for a while before the new stuff starts coming in. like showing us mario and link and giving us no new info really isn't an update. so i am expecting a whole slew of old news before we get to the good stuff. unless we get more info from the 2nd day of the sumit and friday we will get some new stuff. we will see...peace

-hiroshi

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
it's been updated for 2 days....

Anyways, hopefully they keep releaing characters at 2 per day until we get to some of the new ones. But knowing how things work, they'll probably just show all the characters we know already, then go to something like stages and music for awhile, then back to characters. such teasers =/

-dMT-

Smash Lord
^^^ so true

So, do you think even the unlockable characters will be shown before the game is released, or will they leave some for an in-game surprise?

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
Is Link Right Handed in Twilight princess but a lefty in Brawl?

Anyone else notice that you wield the wii mote with your right hand to use the sword in Twilight Princess but in all the Screenshots in Smashbros.com he's using his left hand? even to fire an arrow...:ohwell:

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
Link has always been left handed, they just switched it to right for twilight princess so that it feels more comfortable since most people are Right handed.

GenG

Smash Lord
He is lefty in the GC version of Twilight Princess, the original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom