• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. While it's entirely possible that it is his 2nd F-smash, it is also possible it is a dash attack, strong attack or the final stage of his spin attack. Atleast that is what i see from it.

I believe that it's the first swing because you can see a diagonal arch in the picture.But the Spin Attack finish? It doesn't look anything similar to it,especially since he only uses 1 hand to activate and end it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ah, dammit. I guess this is a discussion I won't be participating in much, since most of it apparently takes place while I'm asleep. Or, actually, when DID it update? 3 hours, 5 hours ago or so? Probably doesn't matter, quite possible that there's no set schedule.
Either way, this update makes me hopeful. Two (very) old characters in one day. That's STILL nothing "new" per se, but it indicates a certain speed. 2 old characters per day, then might follow stages along with items and the odd other element... and then new characters?

Evolver

Smash Cadet
Ah, dammit. I guess this is a discussion I won't be participating in much, since most of it apparently takes place while I'm asleep. Or, actually, when DID it update? 3 hours, 5 hours ago or so? Probably doesn't matter, quite possible that there's no set schedule.
Either way, this update makes me hopeful. Two (very) old characters in one day. That's STILL nothing "new" per se, but it indicates a certain speed. 2 old characters per day, then might follow stages along with items and the odd other element... and then new characters?
2 hours and 37 ago :p

RockAFella

Smash Rookie
Has anyone noticed the proxmity mine on Fox's Belt in the screen where he "blocks" marios attack?
It doesn't look like a part of Fox's Costume so I think it's the confirmation that we're going to see these in Brawl.

Adi

Smash Lord
It can't be his spin attack because his only attack that he has his shield on his back for is his smash attack. Of course the animations could completely change in Brawl but w/e.

GenG

Smash Lord
Has anyone noticed the proxmity mine on Fox's Belt in the screen where he "blocks" marios attack?
It doesn't look like a part of Fox's Costume so I think it's the confirmation that we're going to see these in Brawl.
It has been discused that the device is in fact the reflector generator. It's blue and has an hexagon shape, so it fits.

I

i8waffles612

so we can pretty much agree we r not getting new info info this week...

Anon011

Smash Rookie
So it looks like you can perform B moves from the new "crouch" position:

If you look at the third link screenshot he's fireing the arrow on a knee., wheras in SSBM he learns back. So I think its safe to say he's firing from the crouched position that has been shown in videos.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord

If you look at the third link screenshot he's fireing the arrow on a knee., wheras in SSBM he learns back. So I think its safe to say he's firing from the crouched position that has been shown in videos.
I don't think they are going to copy and paste ALL animations from SSBM to Brawl. My guess is that its just a new animation they gave Link for his normal B.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

i doubt hes crouching and doing regular B, cos that would just be down B. its probably just his new animation. looks snazy though! XD

@ Angrylobster: ahh dang! beat me to it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This is where I take the time to laugh at everyone who forced themselves to stay away for the update:

....HAHAHAHAHAHA.... *ahem*

Well just like yesterday I'm glad I didn't stay up for the update, if they update week daily then we won't get as much news, and since they removed all of the character profiles we might have to wait until next week for something new.

EDIT: Link probably has a new animation for firing arrows.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so at most we wait a week. We've waited months, we can survive a week. Who knows how they will release it, maybe they'll just tease everyone. They might release 2 characters a week until the ones we already know are in, then update other categories for a few days before showing the new stuff. Like, showing some more stages, music, or items in between.

Sure it's new stuff, just not the new stuff everyone is craving for, that being characters.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think they'll save the Yoshi stage for the last 'old' stage update and introduce Yoshi along with it. Any other way wouldn't make sense.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
It has been discused that the device is in fact the reflector generator. It's blue and has an hexagon shape, so it fits.
Huge stretch of the imaginiation. But if that device is infact a reflector generator, could Sakurai have planned to give fox limited shines because the generator needs to recharge?

Fawriel

Smash Master
2 hours and 37 ago :p
Oh, haha. Nevermind then. I just slept very late today since I... well, barely slept yesterday for SOME reason. :p So I guess I will participate after all! Yay!

PB&J, I doubt it. They might find different ways of making Link more competitive, like making his arrows more usable, which seems to already have happened if we're to believe the trailers. Being slow is simply Link's style, but he has lots to make up for it. He'd fare much better in competitive play if he didn't have an elemental disadvantage against the top tier guys. GERM and Aniki still do well with him; the slower the character, the faster the player has to be. Personally, I like Link the way he is, he's very balanced. If his arrows shot a greater distance without charging up, he'd already be a lot more usable.
Ganondorf proves very spectacularly that extreme slowness can be made up for by range and power. Especially range.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
If you look at the first trailer, during the park where Snake is in the box, Link does an aerial arrow but lands during it, and if you look closely, upon landing he's in the same stance as the one in that picture. So yeah, it's just a new animation, not a crouching version.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
If you look at the first trailer, during the park where Snake is in the box, Link does an aerial arrow but lands during it, and if you look closely, upon landing he's in the same stance as the one in that picture. So yeah, it's just a new animation, not a crouching version.
there's a park in the first trailer? joking. nice observation dood. he does fire it just b4 he hits the ground, but i think its prolly the same thing.

GenG

Smash Lord
Huge stretch of the imaginiation. But if that device is infact a reflector generator, could Sakurai have planned to give fox limited shines because the generator needs to recharge?
Or just activation or deactivation animations, as well a nice accessory which makes Fox cooler.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only person here who noticed that the Icon of " How to play" is actually a freaking Wii-Mote ?!

If that's true, i would mind, there are enough buttons on the thing (+ nunchuck of course) to operate Brawl. If only they keep out the whole motionsensing.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
after yesterday, today was TEH AWESOMNESS!
How so? There is nothing new at all. And they showed characters we already know are in it. There's no big news like they advertised. They can't even give a release date. At this point I don't care anymore. I'm just gonna forget about the game till it actually comes out.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they are going to copy and paste ALL animations from SSBM to Brawl. My guess is that its just a new animation they gave Link for his normal B.
First off.. AngryLobster, you rock.

Secondly. Why do we all assume that The arrow will be his B ?
If he does crouch, and stays crouching, it could be:

1) New animation... likely... but that would be the move extremely laggy... and the arrow was bad already... so i dont guess its a new animation.

2) my favourite option. He crouches right ? normally, you'd figure that crouching is done by holding down. Let's assume that they dont change this, because that would make no sense.
The remaining conclusion is that it could be his new Down-B move, with something replacing the arrow on B (bombs (omg bombchu's please ?), Gale Boomerang)) :p

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
How so? There is nothing new at all. And they showed characters we already know are in it. There's no big news like they advertised. They can't even give a release date. At this point I don't care anymore. I'm just gonna forget about the game till it actually comes out.
1st off, i doubt you'll make good on that promise.

the most important thing about the update today was that a) it showed that nintendo plan to make good on their daily weekday updates, and b) if the size of the update today is anything to go by, then we can expect to learn a fair amount about the game in a reasonable period of time.

and they gave pretty screens to boot! link's bow and mario's fireballs should be more than enough to help ou sleep at night.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
First off.. AngryLobster, you rock.

Secondly. Why do we all assume that The arrow will be his B ?
If he does crouch, and stays crouching, it could be:

1) New animation... likely... but that would be the move extremely laggy... and the arrow was bad already... so i dont guess its a new animation.

2) my favourite option. He crouches right ? normally, you'd figure that crouching is done by holding down. Let's assume that they dont change this, because that would make no sense.
The remaining conclusion is that it could be his new Down-B move, with something replacing the arrow on B (bombs (omg bombchu's please ?), Gale Boomerang)) :p
.......i cant really differentiate b/w any of youre points........

also, why replace the bow with bombs or the boomerang, he already has both of those moves. and judging by his look alone you can almost assume that the boomerang he uses will be the Gale Boomerang. whether it has any different properties from his Melee one is can't really be known at this point.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
The reason theyre doing that is to raise anticipation, no other real reason... Nintendo's a company, a company that likes to make money, so if they get people checking their website every day, that means they can probably double their sales.

BentoBox

Smash Master
That's the problem with these forums. 95% of the ppl here who have been speculating for months now will just end up being decieved in the end~

cF=)

Smash Lord
Haters are haters and people will always complain if the game's not like they imagined. Personally, I'm happy with whatever Nintendo will feed me for the next weeks, because if they continue to release 2 characters + screenshots everyday, we will learn more about the game in a short time-frame than we did in the past months, doing nothing but unuseful speculation.

Just wait and see, SSBB is in developpment, and the crowd will be pleased as always when the final product will be released.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
not to mention that any update withing the items or game modes slots would be new info. I bet we get new info as soon as next monday. oh, and

MARIO'S IN THIS GAME!!! ZOMG!!! THAT IS SO UN3XP3CT3D!!!!!! I HAVE 2 GIT IT NAO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom