• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Did anyone notice in the screen shot that when Link is about to shoot his bow, he is crouching on his knee. Maybe that interacts with the crawling ability.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah...He might have been looking at the trees you know! Man, how do I do it.

Hopefully every character can have this 'ability' or all have their own like it.

splat

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice in the screen shot that when Link is about to shoot his bow, he is crouching on his knee. Maybe that interacts with the crawling ability.
I don't know. I've heard a lot of people (including me) saying that crawling will be done by pressing down. When you have to press down, and then press B for the bow, he will grab a bomb. I really don't think they will swap the bow to vB, so I think it is just some sort of animation, to make him look more like he's aiming..

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes but remember the fact that it probably won't be by pressing just down. You will probably have to press like down R(just an example)to do it because I am sure they know people would get annoyed by crawling all the time. Maybe you can crouch like in melee by pressing down but can attack in the postion now. To crawl, you press down down and just jump to get out or roll or whatever.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Awesome! Mario and Link have been reconfirmed! Now the two characters that we knew would be in the game even before they were confirmed the first time have been confirmed a second time!!! What a great update!

Seriously, are they just screwing with us?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah I here you. They will update all the characters we know, hopefully 2 a day, then next week, maybe a knew one and some stages for this and next week. Also maybe some of that gameplay stuff.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Well it'll be a couple of weeks yet before we learn anything truely new. The best we can look forward to is further information on stages we already know of. I am most looking forward to the music at the moment.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I am with you there kid!?(do not ask please)
We are getting some really good music people in this game and I can't wait for the release to see what we got.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
woot! woot! by looking at all the different composers I think it will be the ultimate soundtrack that everybody will look forward to

Kof-Ike

Smash Rookie
some friend show me this page www.gameratio.com with the future wii releases and dates, i was looking for fire emblem wii and instead i found out smash brawl for 09/01/07 and i want to know haw trustworthy this page is if anyone knows??

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure how trustworthy that site is but there is no way SSBB will be out on 1st September. Firstly that is to early, and secondly Metroid Prime has been confirmed for the 30th August.

Croco

Smash Lord
We may have 9-18 more days till we get some new Brawl news. (This does not include Weekends)
But that is just a guess I am making.
We might get new stage info with music tomorrow.. or maybe we might get new info about items?

It will take about 9-18 days to complete all the news about characters and stages we already know about.

Kof-Ike

Smash Rookie
****, my N Wii is gettin all dusky and old, I really want Brawl and Fire Emblem, we´ll just have to wait until they confirm the official release date.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I think it'll be twards the latter end of that 9-18 scale. Items will likely only come after we have info on all currently known characters a stages. Hopefully they won't go through the returning items one at a time.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I doubt they'll do all the items one at a time. Sakurai looks as if he'll be adding two characters to any updates on that section, so I doubt he'll do one at a time for items either.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll be twards the latter end of that 9-18 scale. Items will likely only come after we have info on all currently known characters a stages. Hopefully they won't go through the returning items one at a time.
yea hopefully not. if sakurai posts the old items, i hope they are all at once. but im hoping for more character bios and a game mode in the morning.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. So I say 2 at a time for these already confirmed characters. 3 at a time for items that are returning. 1 at a time for new characters, new items and all stages (with music).

Croco

Smash Lord
Well he might give us a song a week..
A stage a week.
A Item or 2 a week.
And 2 characters a week.

Monday-?
Tuesday-Stage/Music
Wednesday-2 Characters
Thursday-?
Friday-?

Eh.. who knows.. We will find out on Friday and then next week.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
maybe the reason sakurai is posting the old characters besides the fact that they should be on there anyway, is that he wants us to see them in battle by posting the screenshots of gameplay. maybe its to get an idea of the characters moveset and attacks.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why so many people are angry. For one, it was never specified what would come in the update. It was overhyped, and even I expected more, then quickly got over the dissapointment realizing this was the biggest news since, probably, the actual game being announced all that time ago. We should be happy with what we got, since it is something. This is the most news we've gotten in a long, long time. On top of this, it's (supposedly) being updated daily, besides week-ends.

I view this as a very good thing, not bad.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Im just happy that Sakurai is keeping up the promise to Update site everyday.
I dont care when or what they say just something every weekday is fine with me.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
It's nice to see we get daily updates, but why isn't he telling us the moves of the characters he posts? We've seen pictures of Mario and Link with every update, it would be nice if he would start letting us know what kind of moves they can do and how they are done with the controller(s).

When the Melee site was updated every week, they showed a new character with their moves, I wish they would continue with that.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
You know, the funny part is that we have seen neither hide nor hair of Samus, Kirby, Zamus, Snake, or Pit since the last trailer. All of the old screenshots have disappeared, as well as the introduction music (unless you count it being on the trailer). My guess is that the site's just getting off its feet, and we'll be getting slightly larger updates as the site progresses, such as more compound updates (info about many different topics each day), just so we can get everything we already knew on there. Then we'll start with the really new stuff. I would be willing to bet he'll start the 'new character per week' thing this Monday, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like some **** confirmation on what controller we're to use with it. Sakurai said Gamecube controller, IGN said wii classic controller, and the site has a wiimote/controller as the symbol for that one tab.

-.-

Morphie

Smash Rookie
If the gamecube controller isn't used, the game dies and sadness reigns supreme.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
maybe the controller will be included in the "Notices" category, but i'm glad with the new site. i don't care that i thought more would be included, i care that i get daily updates, and the musicians category was really cool to read. plus he told us most of the stages will go through a lot of changes and that is very interesting. but i do agree that the characters should have a moveset of some kind

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
well...lets see. what hasnt been updated is:

Game Modes
Items
Notices

i think sakurai will fill up one entry in each of these catagories before he adds more to the same one. so...tonight should be a game modes update.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
A moveset would be nice with a little picture/video of them doing the moves. Maybe they'll add that later once they get the core stuff put in (characters, stages, music etc...)

I also agree that it would be really hard to play smash using a different controller after all this time used to melee's scheme. I'm sure the majority of people would get used to it, myself included if I really wanted to, but it would be a little dissapointing if you have to use a controller besides the cube one. There could always be certain instances (like minigames and such) where you have to use the wiimote or the classic controller. Sure, it may not be too popular with the some of the more tournament style, competitive players, but It's a potential use for the other controllers.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget, getting good screenshots is a very time-consuming task. These are given to all the media and fans and dissected endlessly... you have to be very careful what you show and what you don't show. Note how only stages we know are shown, or backgrounds of stages we don't know are obscured as much as possible. Characters that haven't been announced aren't shown. You have to get the right camera angle, and get the right timing for the moves. I'm sure each screenshot took an hour or more to set up. When you get new screenshots, it's not a small thing! Doing short little movies or animations for each character would take even more work, so don't count on that.

We should be thankful they're updating the site (and every day, to boot!). If you're "disappointed" with the updates, I'm sure everyone here would be just as happy if you never posted about them. "Oh, we only got 8 new screenshots today, what a waste... is Sakurai just playing with us?" Come on.

Also, you guys are reading far too much into that Wiimote icon. It's just an icon representing a controller/how to play. The game is on the Wii.

I too want new details on characters and stages we haven't seen, but he'll show it to us when he's good and ready. He owes none of you complainers anything, and he's doing us all a great service by providing daily updates.

(end rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom