• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
ok, im drawing line here. Zelda is one of the best and strongest characters if:

1. Your an awesome player(like me) and know how 2 play mindgames.

2. Zelda is the pure essence of mindgames! Like teleporting but holding down 2 stay in the same place, or standing still untill an attack, then dodging and counterattacking. Or sheilding untill they try a grab, then dodge, grab, & throw up, the jump and use her lighting kick. THEIR DEAD. and she can easily recover with her ^B.

3. You have to plan what 2 do as soon as an opponent moves. u have 2 think about all the possibilties, of what might happen if they do a certain thing, then think about ways 2 counter it, then what, how, & when 2 attack back. In other words, you have to be smart 2 use Zelda.;)
like he said, you have to be smart. you have to have more skill than the average marth or fox out there to be good with her.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
srry volrec.....i just hate when people dis my fav, i feel like i have 2....protect her because im afraid she wont make it. :( you wanna trade wii#s? :)

Thx ma.... i mean hellsolider! got ur mess. u get my new 1s? sent them an hour ago. i love how the light lights up when i get a messs. i think, yah! i got a mess from loooni. or hels. OMG or both! AHHHHH!

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Zelda can be good, I beat my friend who only plays sheik as zelda. He was confused...

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
As much as i'd like to talk about who's character gets bashed more and why (I'd love to go into detail, believe me) It's a bit off-topic :(

So... how 'bout that site!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
OMFG no updates. *Generic Complaint*

Seriously, I hope they do put more up on the characters besides the bios. Then again, I can live with just more new screenshots. :urg:

Edit for above: The site updated last night at 4:50 AM central timeI believe. (Or was it 3:50AM) Either way, too long to stay up for so yeah.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
3-4 AM central time USA maybe? I can't remember what people said and I wasn't awake for either update, but I think it's close to there.

Edit: @V Yea, I was close xD

Well, that answers that guys question

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hummm, than it should be about 2-2:30 here. If im awake at that time than I will check it out.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
So does Japan consider Saturday part of their weekend? I hear they still go to school on Saturday.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually glad that they released 2 characters at once, even though they were comfirmed before. I was thinking it was going to be like 1 character a day like Mario one day, Link couple days later, you know what I mean.

But tomorrow I'm thinking they'll update a section that hasn't been updated yet like the items section. :)

ok, im drawing line here. Zelda is one of the best and strongest characters if:

1. Your an awesome player(like me) and know how 2 play mindgames.
Mindgames are not equivilant to fake outs,and her gameplay is too slow to make up for her mindgames.

2. Zelda is the pure essence of mindgames! Like teleporting but holding down 2 stay in the same place, or standing still untill an attack, then dodging and counterattacking. Or sheilding untill they try a grab, then dodge, grab, & throw up, the jump and use her lighting kick. THEIR DEAD. and she can easily recover with her ^B.
All of these tactics are purely situational to the highest extent.In most cases,the enmey mont fall for many fake outs,and fake outs are not mindgames.Mindgames are playing on a different level.Observation,reflex,pressure,punishment...all of these are key factors of mindgames.

3. You have to plan what 2 do as soon as an opponent moves. u have 2 think about all the possibilties, of what might happen if they do a certain thing, then think about ways 2 counter it, then what, how, & when 2 attack back. In other words, you have to be smart 2 use Zelda.;)
So basically,you have to play perfectly everytime?

I remember what Maelstrom_128 said about a situation like this.

See,the reason why certain characters are better than one another(In lue with tiers) is because the characters have more reliability and can compensate for mistakes made.Fox for example has the ability to make up for what he does,such as if he whiffed a SHFFL Nair,he can easilty Dash back then toward the opponent again and grab him.His advantages allow him to cover more ground than the average character in the game.Most characters have their distinct advantages,and most of them can make up for their disadvantages.

Characters like Zelda,have too many disadvantages to make up for their mistakes.If you whiff an aerial,you can be punished for it greatly,rather than Fox who can use his evasivness to re-route his attack or play strategic games with the opponent.The character advantages are more about their ability to perform in battle even with minimal output rather than being a perfectionist that can't make a mistake,because no one plays perfectly.

Case and point,Zelda cannot afford to make mistakes,and can be punished,Fox can make up for his mistakes with his advantages.

I'm sorry,but Zelda cannot be considered to be a competing character because of the over whelming amount of disadvantages.I share your pain though.I with I can compete more with Mario,but as stated.He has disadvantages that cannot be compensated for.(KO moves).

I hope you understand.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I hope that when they update the items section they do it substantially. It'll be pretty lame if the 'unveiling' of Link and Mario is equivalent to Fire Flower and Hammer, for instance.

Hopefully they'll say: Clobbering Items, Throwing Items, etc. Like in the old manuals.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I think there's a pattern going on with the updates. And if it keeps going on then today we'll be getting a game mode, or both a game mode and an item update next.

The pattern I see is on the bar on the left side of the page. OK, so first they updated How To Play, Stages, and Music; this left a pattern with all the icons in a blank, filled, blank, filled, etc... pattern. With the recent character update I think the blank icons are going to be updated from top to bottom in order. And then each week we'll probably get information in the same dosage.

I dunno, just some crazy idea I have. <_<;

So hrmm... We have 11 confirmed characters (I'm including Samus as a seperate character), 12 if you count all those yoshi stages towards Yoshi being in the game.

About 11 confirmed stages.

And... uh, two confirmed items.

So we could either get about 3 to 11 max weeks of already known information, or the known information will get mixed with the new information to keep things interesting. I'm hoping it's the later. And woo hoo! 2 to 3 and a half hours left! Maybe?

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
What time (Japan Time) did it update yesterday? I'm assuming around 4 or 5, which is in a few hours. Mini-hype every day, Gah! :crazy:

180OP

Smash Journeyman
What time (Japan Time) did it update yesterday? I'm assuming around 4 or 5, which is in a few hours. Mini-hype every day, Gah! :crazy:
It was around 5 i believe.

I think this time they will show some items instead of characters, get the new sectiosn coming alive and what. They should be updating in another 3-4 hours or so.

It's gonna be a while until unknown information will be released.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The opening was at 3:50 PM JST, and the first update was at around 4:30 PM JST no?

Looks like Sakurai will update at a random time in the afternoon he finds free...

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
OK Cool. I reckon we'll get some items as well, in any case it means new screenshots which is always good. :)

Skywalker

Space Jump
Sakurai won't mention anything breathtaking for another week or so.

There's still:
Kirby
Pikachu
Samus
Zamus
Meta Knight
Fox
Pit
Halberd
Castle
Nintendogs

Take this as pessimistic if you will.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

There's still:
Kirby
Pikachu
Samus
Zamus
Meta Knight
Fox
Pit
Halberd
Castle
Nintendogs
"Super" Smash Icon
plus all the levels, items and game modes we already know. but as cojiro said, we found lots to keep us going in just a few screens, so more cant hurt.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
all i know is i called the useless character bios before the site was even opened.

at least we got to see...marios really detailed fire ball? joy...

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Hey, that fireball is sick!

I'm betting on nothing new for a while but we may get some new stuff interspersed with things we know.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
i gotta stop staying awake to wait for updates, since they reach at 2:00 am in here and im arriving late at school this past 3 days T.T, i just cant continue faking im sick

gnosis

Smash Lord

There's still:
Kirby
Pikachu
Samus
Zamus
Meta Knight
Fox
Pit
Halberd
Castle
Nintendogs
I'm quite anxious to learn more about all of these (except maybe Nintendogs), so that's a pretty sweet list as far as I'm concerned.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, there are a good amount of things we DON"T know that could be changed such as modes (I want to hear more about this "robust" singal player /story mode), controls (how will we use the buttons on the Wii-mote+ Num C and how will the crawl work on the old controls. . . simple but hell, it's a new part of the game), how are brawl attacks done, what new items there are, how the online will work, how do they plan to make the game more focused on arials and so on.

Yeah, we know some things, but theres still a good bit of things that are unclear and could last us a LONG time so I expect some clearing up of these things.

(And new screens are always welcomed. . . even if it's just confirmed characters.))

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
i gotta stop staying awake to wait for updates, since they reach at 2:00 am in here and im arriving late at school this past 3 days T.T, i just cant continue faking im sick
I admire your dedication. Just hang in there, only a few months to go! :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom