• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
really? ****. the site was originally updated at 3am EST. they moved it back two hours? and it's not so much a problem for me since my school is doing HSAs right now iand i don't have to come in til 11:00.

Croco

Smash Lord
really? ****. the site was originally updated at 3am EST. they moved it back two hours? and it's not so much a problem for me since my school is doing HSAs right now iand i don't have to come in til 11:00.
You never know.. It might happen at 3am again.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I think there's a pattern going on with the updates. And if it keeps going on then today we'll be getting a game mode, or both a game mode and an item update next.

The pattern I see is on the bar on the left side of the page. OK, so first they updated How To Play, Stages, and Music; this left a pattern with all the icons in a blank, filled, blank, filled, etc... pattern. With the recent character update I think the blank icons are going to be updated from top to bottom in order. And then each week we'll probably get information in the same dosage.

I dunno, just some crazy idea I have. <_<;

So hrmm... We have 11 confirmed characters (I'm including Samus as a seperate character), 12 if you count all those yoshi stages towards Yoshi being in the game.

About 11 confirmed stages.

And... uh, two confirmed items.

So we could either get about 3 to 11 max weeks of already known information, or the known information will get mixed with the new information to keep things interesting. I'm hoping it's the later. And woo hoo! 2 to 3 and a half hours left! Maybe?
Patterns cannot be discerned until at least three in the series occur. An example, if I put down only 2 and 4, what would you guess the pattern could be? The series could be multiplying by 2 or adding by two (geometric or arithmetic series). Since the Smash site only has two, no pattern can be determined.

Math is fun. :D

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! An update... the Gooey bomb o_o!

Wow, that is a REALLY awesome item, that sounds really fun. ^_^

This is a great update, but my pattern idea isn't taking effect :(

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
wow that's pretty cool....but i was expecting more than one thing....oh and yesterdays update must have been late because of Nintendo Summit

Shark X

Smash Lord
Only one thing? What the hell? Wait, this is actually new...Hell yeah! One new thing is worth not having two old updates XD

I fight without items, but this looks good. The question is, is it from a certain game series, or a Smash Bros brand item? It seems familiar.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
dude, it's a freaking plasma grenade. It sticks to stuff and then explodes. However, it's the kiddy version that looks cute, plus you can get it off.

I'm going to play brawl with items, at least when it first come out.

Croco

Smash Lord
well that just leaves modes of play and Notices
Game Modes or Notices might be tomorrow..

Monday- N/A(Game Modes or Notices)
Tuesday-Stages/Music
Weds- 2 Characters
Thursday- 1 Item
Friday- N/A (Game Modes or Notices)

Conker1

Smash Ace
A great new item! The motion sensor bomb always caused a great deal of panic as to where it was when I played with my bros, but now I can stick the bomb directly on them. :D

Chepe

Smash Lord
Funnily enough, people had wanted this stick-on-character effect to be applied in Brawl, but to the motion sensor bomb...

The Friday Update should set a subtle pattern...

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
It says like a proximity mine, but is it proximity or timed? I would suggest timed. Or is it proximity on the ground and timed on a person?

I can't wait till Snake covers me in goo! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom