• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
I

i8waffles612

every friday these should show a brand new character on the website....

also do u possibly think Metaknight will have the cape block move as we saw in E3 trailer??

tirkaro

Smash Champion
say, doesn't japan only get 1 day of weekend? does that mean we'll still get an update on sunday/saturday/whatever day japan doesn't have off?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, they are planning to post new vids on the website.
But only God knows when.
And I don't expect new chars until every section is updated with all the information we already have...

I

i8waffles612

it still really pisses me off samus and zamus are the same people.

they should have made them seperate characters

Stryks

Smash Hero
Love the screenshots:

Marios fireball looks sweet
His Nair is the same, yet it looks like marios eye now looks straight at the oponent, instead of just looking straigh forward, will this hapen with every move?
Marios head looks way weird to me, looks way bigger than b4
Marios Dtilt looks stronger, IMO
Links bow represetns the one in TP, and its uber awesome, looks like u can now aim the arrow, look at the 2nd trailer, the knee doesnt hit the ground, yet in the pic he does, either indeed u can now aim it, or they just change that particular pose...

Thats pretty much it, im hopin tomorrow we get a new trailer (which I doubt highly), the smash emblem on the items section, or 2 more returning characters

Takalth

Smash Ace
say, doesn't japan only get 1 day of weekend? does that mean we'll still get an update on sunday/saturday/whatever day japan doesn't have off?
Good question, and I'm not sure what the answer would be. I guess we'll find out in less than a week.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, they are planning to post new vids on the website.
But only God knows when.
And I don't expect new chars until every section is updated with all the information we already have...
Then God should tell us when :chuckle: , but my bet is that this Friday or next Friday we get a trailer, whether Friday here, ro Friday in Japan. Also I think Nintendo will update the charcter section, and maybe add to the Game Modes section as well. Then the night (or early morning) after that, expect more characters and maybe items, with a slight chance of a trailer.

On Friday night/Saturday we could get a update, but Idk if we will or not. I'm sure the character section will be where most of the buildup is, the stages will be added anywhere from every 3-7 days (most likely 7 day though), and we'll probably get a music section update weekly, probably with 1 song a week. So ya, pretty much I think the character section will be updated the most, and we'll get all the other stuff pretty much weekly, maybe every few days, so ya. :)

O and for the "does Japan have a 1 day or 2 day weekend" question, Japan has 6 days of school, and one day off. Still, Idk if that means they have 1 or 2 day weekend, but though I should throw that out there. Also, way to be asking the right question=exellent points. Also, it is highly possilbe we won't get a trailer until almost everything is complete. Hopefully we'll get new Brawl info sooner. By the way, wat time did we get the info this morning=? TY to whoever answers that...:)

@ i8waffles612
There is nothing that confirms Samus and Zamus as the same character, so don't worry. Besides, most of us here want them as seperate character, and since in Zero Mission the suit gets stripped off of Samus and she's in her Zamus form and can't go back, I see no reason why Brawl will have them be the same character, since it isn't in the story of the only game you play as Zamus. Also, most Samus users would be mad as hell without their bdown, so I don't see it happening, unless as some sort of d pad function.

I

i8waffles612

Then God should tell us when :chuckle: , but my bet is that

@ i8waffles612
There is nothing that confirms Samus and Zamus as the same character, so don't worry. Besides, most of us here want them as seperate character, and since in Zero Mission the suit gets stripped off of Samus and she's in her Zamus form and can't go back, I see no reason why Brawl will have them be the same character, since it isn't in the story of the only game you play as Zamus. Also, most Samus users would be mad as hell without their bdown, so I don't see it happening, unless as some sort of d pad function.
I am pretty sure it said they are the same character on smashbros.com BEFORE the update....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am pretty sure it said they are the same character on smashbros.com BEFORE the update....
I am pretty sure it didn't before, and she is in the roster, along with Zamus, most likely they'll both be their own character slots. Also, unless Sakurai plans to go against the only game where Samus is in her Zamus form, take off a vital attack for Samus users, thus making them mad as hell, and having little justification for this I don't see why'd he do this. the only way I'd see this happening if he was stupid, but since he's a mad genius, this sin't going to happen unless samus transforms with the D pad.

Plus c'mon, in ZM Samus' armor gets blow right off, and basically she has to get it back, so why would Sakurai even do this, that is the question that doesn't really have any good answer to this, unless again the D pad is used to transform, otherwise it would be stupid, and even then I'm still HEAVILY against it. ;)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Samus can turn into Zamus through other ways you know... i think the trailer implies it as a side effect of her special item attack. or so i think.

also it can allways be both ways, allow you to pick her outright and allow you to transform through circumstance. i'm almost 100% sure that the old smashbros.com said that Samus transforms, and is not a seperate character.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What other ways I.T.P?

I think it'd be best for them to stay separate because if they remove 1 of Samus' specials then Samus players will be more limited. If they make the armor fall off at like 100% damage Samus players will be forced to play 2 characters. If they require you do the super smash then Zamus players will be stuck when it comes to matches with no items.

The best ideas to me are to keep them separate or transform with the D pad.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Samus can turn into Zamus through other ways you know... i think the trailer implies it as a side effect of her special item attack. or so i think.

also it can allways be both ways, allow you to pick her outright and allow you to transform through circumstance. i'm almost 100% sure that the old smashbros.com said that Samus transforms, and is not a seperate character.
it said 'under certain conditions' she turns into zamus. in my mind that doesnt necessarily mean it has anything to do with how she'll transform in brawl. the statement could, for all we know, imply that whe transforms into zamus when she needs a bit of air, cos the old varia suit is getting a bit stuffy. i personally think the massive charge beam ---> zero suit in the first trailer was so that the audience would know who it was ie. for effect.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
it said 'under certain conditions' she turns into zamus. in my mind that doesnt necessarily mean it has anything to do with how she'll transform in brawl. the statement could, for all we know, imply that whe transforms into zamus when she needs a bit of air, cos the old varia suit is getting a bit stuffy. i personally think the massive charge beam ---> zero suit in the first trailer was so that the audience would know who it was ie. for effect.
QFT, Nintendo would be ******** to make Samus transform like Shiek.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was a reference to Metroid Zero Mission, where under that certain condition Samus went back and had to find her way past several enemies without her power suit, find the power suit, defeat Meta Ridley, and escape in her ship.

Originally Posted by Red Exodus
What other ways I.T.P?

I think it'd be best for them to stay separate because if they remove 1 of Samus' specials then Samus players will be more limited. If they make the armor fall off at like 100% damage Samus players will be forced to play 2 characters. If they require you do the super smash then Zamus players will be stuck when it comes to matches with no items.

The best ideas to me are to keep them separate or transform with the D pad.
I say keep them seperate, because Zelda/Shiek should be the only transformation character(s) in there series, and in the seemingly unlikely event Shiek returns, she'll be a seperate character. Basically everything that Red Exodus said, but again: Very solid points Red Exodus=very nice! ;)

Zamus and Samus as seperate characters>Samus/Zamus d pad transform>Samus/Zamus transform press Bdown>Zamus, no Samus.

^^^^ Simple as that, better Samus in than out, and why the hell would Sakurai even think about taking good ol Samus out, unless he is retarted, in which case isn't true because he is a total friggen genius!

Originally Posted by Sculelos
QFT, Nintendo would be ******** to make Samus transform like Shiek.
^^^^=Agreed 100%. IMO I don't think there will be any transformation characters in Brawl, and if Shiek does return (not saying she will or will not) she'll be a seperate character, because it will be a diffrent Zelda in Brawl than in Melee.

Originally Posted by HollaAtchaBoy
So... Kirby and Pikachu tomorrow?
Very likely or possibly it could be. But don't expect it 100%, just be prepared to get ONLY that or something else, or maybe both. ;)

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I'd also like some **** confirmation on what controller we're to use with it. Sakurai said Gamecube controller, IGN said wii classic controller, and the site has a wiimote/controller as the symbol for that one tab.

-.-
That's the info I want as well. But if the update stay this lame we'll never findout till the game is out.

antpod

Smash Cadet
I hope the wiimote is not usable in normal game play just because that would degrade game play greatly with the amount of buttons when held horizontally. Also check out my thread at Neogaf which has all the information about the site updates in a nice clean way.

Meh...wasn't what I was expecting. There really was no reason to have a countdown for that kind of update. They will probably just keep washing us down with news we already know for a week or two.

But still, that's quite an impressive lists of musicians. I guess Nintendo and HAL are really focused on the music there. Guys from Chrono Trigger, Metoes, Animal Crossing, etc. Maybe a sign for new characters? I don't know, just assuming and keeping hope in my stomach and heart...b

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Meh...wasn't what I was expecting. There really was no reason to have a countdown for that kind of update. They will probably just keep washing us down with news we already know for a week or two.

But still, that's quite an impressive lists of musicians. I guess Nintendo and HAL are really focused on the music there. Guys from Chrono Trigger, Metoes, Animal Crossing, etc. Maybe a sign for new characters? I don't know, just assuming and keeping hope in my stomach and heart...b
you can eat hope...?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Awesome sig LNG, I agree. Why did they even make it seem like such a big deal if they weren't going to add anything substantial? I'll check back 2 or 3 weeks from now to see what good stuff has shown up but I won't kill myself to find out each day.

you can eat hope...?
Yes, and I can crap it out too. Jealous, aren't you. :p

I was like waiting in front my computer, probably like most of us here, refreshing, and refreshing, (yes, I have no life) and refreshing to get a big disappointment. It's like GTA IV all over again, except without the site crashing.

The only thing that looks promising right now is the music, and the day/night effect. I love when games have those.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
you can eat hope...?
I eat hope and no this isn't a spam reply.

Imho, I think they are not going to update the site with any characters today. I am not sure which is going to be updated; maybe another old stage. I swear Sakurai does not want to show us anything new. When he said it was risky to show the composers, he meant it was risky to show anything new.

In other words, E3 is a long ways a way. :(

Edit for guy above me: Way to be

Yes, could be, but Nintendo has been starting too strip information, like the MP3 corruption release date. So, maybe in a weeks time we might just get at least one character.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I just hope we get a new character sometime soon.

Becouse, having the same info over and over... only makes you stay away from it, and lose interest.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yes, could be, but Nintendo has been starting too strip information, like the MP3 corruption release date. So, maybe in a weeks time we might just get at least one character.
Maybe. From what I see, Sakurai is stalling for time with updates on how to play Super Smash Bros. He gave the list of composers and gave (is still giving) us new pictures so we can have something new. Friday might have a good update.

Edit: I just realized it's Japanese time so is this the last update for the week? I am now confused.

Well, it's not gonna update Friday because it's Saturday in Japan. So maybe on Sunday.

He must be preparing something that's going to blow our minds...

Black/Light

Smash Master
I hope he does Pika and Kirby to night with Fox and Samus Friday.

And who knows? I think he will reveal all the returning characters for the vit part of the charater page first before giving us new ones. But he could just blast us with a vid.

Either way Im happy. We learn more about the characters we know of and we get screen shots day-to-day. . . MUCH better than a half a year of nothing IMO.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I just want to know, what does Japan consider their weekend because I hear they go to school on Saturday?.... Also, don't expect anything big on Friday for Brawl, there was no news at the Nintendo Summit about Brawl from what I've heard.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a lot of us were refreshing into dissapointment (I got tired and crashed at about 1:30 AM central time so i couldn't), but that countdown was sheer genius. Whoever did that KNEW some people would hype about it. They, or Sakurai, or all of the above, knew people would run out telling their friends about the news or flocking to a forum. It got some decent publicity. While not much may have been put up, it was a major update.

Face it, 6 months, no news, anything at that point is a major update. And the site does have potential to grow quickly with this "every day besides weekend site update" stuff. Not like it's only once a week, provided he,they,everyone keeps up the daily updates. But i have to hand it to them, genius with that 7 day counter.

Who knows what's in store with that website. I have a feeling it will either grow quickly, or many days will have random posts in it that pertains to little besides raising anxiety among people and stretching out time until the release date. I'm going to be an optimist for once and say it grows quickly.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Very good chance. The games ARE Legend of Zelda and with 40+ characters plus, you cant go wrong.

And if she ISNT in Brawl, who cares. Zelda sucks. I'd take ANY OTHER CHARACTER then Zelda.

ok, im drawing line here. Zelda is one of the best and strongest characters if:

1. Your an awesome player(like me) and know how 2 play mindgames.

2. Zelda is the pure essence of mindgames! Like teleporting but holding down 2 stay in the same place, or standing still untill an attack, then dodging and counterattacking. Or sheilding untill they try a grab, then dodge, grab, & throw up, the jump and use her lighting kick. THEIR DEAD. and she can easily recover with her ^B.

3. You have to plan what 2 do as soon as an opponent moves. u have 2 think about all the possibilties, of what might happen if they do a certain thing, then think about ways 2 counter it, then what, how, & when 2 attack back. In other words, you have to be smart 2 use Zelda.;)

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
ok, im drawing line here. Zelda is one of the best and strongest characters if:

1. Your an awesome player(like me) and know how 2 play mindgames.

2. Zelda is the pure essence of mindgames! Like teleporting but holding down 2 stay in the same place, or standing still untill an attack, then dodging and counterattacking. Or sheilding untill they try a grab, then dodge, grab, & throw up, the jump and use her lighting kick. THEIR DEAD. and she can easily recover with her ^B.

3. You have to plan what 2 do as soon as an opponent moves. u have 2 think about all the possibilties, of what might happen if they do a certain thing, then think about ways 2 counter it, then what, how, & when 2 attack back. In other words, you have to be smart 2 use Zelda.;)
as opposed to all the other characters, who you can play just fine without your frontal lobes in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom