• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnosis

Smash Lord
It's not like Halo invented the sticky bomb idea. I'm pretty sure you could do it in, at the latest, Perfect Dark. But hey, whatever.

Also, the screenshot of Mario running away after sticking it on, with his head turned towards Wario, reminds me of the recent Zeldas where Link naturally looks at things of importance or interest. Maybe they've added a system like that?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So, judgeing form my lack of responce, I'll assume this is a Smash Bros original item, and not from any game. Then why the hell does it seem so familiar? And no I never played Halo.
I think it looks like a metroid.

though it seems like i've seen it somewhere else.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I'll play with items with my friends because they dont play competitive. But with my sister whe'll have no items :).

MmmMMMM Goo!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I loved the captions for this item.

When you hit someone with it...
It sticks to them! Get... GET IT OFF!
Then it explodes! Oh, the horror!

Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I found that pretty funny.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Patterns cannot be discerned until at least three in the series occur. An example, if I put down only 2 and 4, what would you guess the pattern could be? The series could be multiplying by 2 or adding by two (geometric or arithmetic series). Since the Smash site only has two, no pattern can be determined.

Math is fun. :D
oh man... I hate pre-calc 2... Sooo annoying...

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Interesting how mario turns his head back, as if to check if wario's after him.
Wow, very good observation! That's really awesome now that I have noticed it too. And his eyes are looking at Wario. That's so AWESOME! Everything in this game seems so much more lively than in Melee.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Yep, there were sticky bombs in perfect dark, with that really clunky gun, the devestator. I don't believe they stuck to people, just the ground and walls and stuff. And if I remember correctly, it was proximity.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yep, there were sticky bombs in perfect dark, with that really clunky gun, the devestator. I don't believe they stuck to people, just the ground and walls and stuff. And if I remember correctly, it was proximity.
No, I do not think so. You can shoot it and wall and stuff and then after a set time it drops on the ground. Perfect Dark was awesome. I miss SNES and N64 Rare. :(

Edit: Link in God tier, I would never get use to it. D:
I am willing to try. XD

Dither

Smash Apprentice
If tommorow is either Game Modes or notices, and the Press embargo on the First Party titles from Nintendo is over, I'm betting it will be a Notice... with a possible release date.

Fawriel

Smash Master
God tier? Link isn't exactly the best at playing tag, unfortunately. *rubs chin*

Well, yay for dead embargoes!
And Link so deserves top tier. Bottom -> Middle -> Top
It's the Hylian Dream!

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I could just see the mess fox could make out of tag with link lmao!

I like your tier rotation system! yay mario/possibly doc maybe!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
God tier? Link isn't exactly the best at playing tag, unfortunately. *rubs chin*

Well, yay for dead embargoes!
And Link so deserves top tier. Bottom -> Middle -> Top
It's the Hylian Dream!
But I am not ready. D:

Playing Link as one of my mains has been a tough road.

Maybe the tables will turn. Ha, I invested in a use to be worthless character . Now, I am on top *******. XD

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I was mildly disappointed in the fact that all we got was one item.

However, this was quickly overwhelmed by excitement for two reasons:
1: It's new information
2: They're not afraid to show new information before re-showing all of the old information

Maybe it won't be as long until we see new characters and stages as we were first thinking.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
If tommorow is either Game Modes or notices, and the Press embargo on the First Party titles from Nintendo is over, I'm betting it will be a Notice... with a possible release date.
There wasn't any Brawl news at the summit. :(

Early update tonight!The Gooey Bomb look like fun! Imagine a match with just those set on Very High! People would be completely covered in them! :D It'd be cool if they stuck to you wherever they hit you instead of just sticking to you chest. "Gooey Bomb" is also a lot more original of a name than "Sticky Bomb."

The fact that Mario is looking behind him at Wario is interesting. I wonder how they pulled that off? Maybe it's the start of Mario's "turning around" animation and the rigged it like that? Or maybe character will look at each other instead of blankly staring into space. Lots of possibilities.

I was mildly disappointed in the fact that all we got was one item.

However, this was quickly overwhelmed by excitement for two reasons:
1: It's new information
2: They're not afraid to show new information before re-showing all of the old information

Maybe it won't be as long until we see new characters and stages as we were first thinking.
Fun Fact: Game companies actually don't have to and tend to not release any information on the game.They release it at their discretion.

Let's be happy that he is giving us informaiton,and keeping his promise.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Huh? Gooey Bomb? Post pictures someone, 'cause I can still not see smashbors.com!

The Gooey Bomb is a bomb that adheres to most things. It's an explosive encased in a gummy goo.
It's a little different from a Motion Sensing Bomb in the sense that it can attach itself not only to the terrain, but also to opponents.

When you hit someone with it...

It sticks to them! Get... GET IT OFF!

Then it explodes! Oh, the horror!

However, it's possible to get a Gooey Bomb that's stuck to you to stick to someone else.
Touching someone as you pass by may very well cause it to migrate when you least expect it!

Pass it on! It may even get returned to sender...

Chepe

Smash Lord
You know, just thinking of people like Mario and Fox reflecting a thrown Gooey Bomb makes me like the item that much more! XD

Im wondering what happens if you shield against it, and if Yoshi or Kirby eat a character with it attached...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Fun Fact: Game companies actually don't have to and tend to not release any information on the game.They release it at their discretion.

Let's be happy that he is giving us informaiton,and keeping his promise.
Did you read past the word "disappointed" in my post? :p

I am quite happy that he's giving us info, old and new, and living up to the daily-update promise. My disappointment only lasted for a mere second.

yoda31419

Smash Cadet
Patterns cannot be discerned until at least three in the series occur. An example, if I put down only 2 and 4, what would you guess the pattern could be? The series could be multiplying by 2 or adding by two (geometric or arithmetic series). Since the Smash site only has two, no pattern can be determined.

Math is fun. :D
Oh, c'mon, don't just limit yourself to the baby series. Go for some nice hypergeometric series! Also, as a note, any polynomial that goes through (1, 2) and (2,4) should produces a possible series. In fact, you are never able to absolutely determine the next member of a series.

And, I agree, math is very fun.

Anyway, on topic, did anyone note that the Gooey Bomb was in a subfolder of Items called "Normal Items"? Which means that they're probably putting the uber smash move item in a "Special Items" folder. Also, they wouldn't just put an item in a folder by itself, so they should be revealing a few "Special Items" soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom