• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I wonder what the advantages of this over the Motion Sensor Bomb will be, because by what we've soone it looks a bit obsolete in comparison. Ah well, it should be fun.
not obsolete just different. A motion sensor bomb would do damage and have lots of knockback. this bananna peel causes you to slip, there's no knockback. so it sets you up for an attack

Salaad

Smash Ace
Lol, I love his comments. I like how everyone is hyping something huge and all of the sudden it turns out to be a banana peel. xD. I use items just for fun because playing for hours may sometimes get boring. =/

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hang on, I MUST take my time to, as I said, laugh at ANYONE who thought it was gonna be LOZ week.

*Laughs and points at those people*

Sakurai is TOO unpredictable for a week of strait updates on ONE thing.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ah, but I wasn't!
:D

EDIT:
So, anyone exeedingly pissed and dissapointed with the update?
I'm not really.
I expected a dull update after the awsomness we had before.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I thought of something: A character crawling could slowly move past the peel without being affected by it.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Been away from the comp for the past 3 days and It is a pleasant site to come back to smashbros.com and find Zelda there :p

The music is pure awesome and I'm loving the banana peel, wonder how much damage it will do if you slip on it

Blackadder

Smash Master
Been away from the comp for the past 3 days and It is a pleasant site to come back to smashbros.com and find Zelda there :p

The music is pure awesome and I'm loving the banana peel, wonder how much damage it will do if you slip on it
My prediction:
Like, 4 percent per slip?
lol.
I think its mainly a distraction item, so other people can beat the **** through you if you slip.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
oh man i love how kirby just sits on his @$$ scratching it, with a "WTF JUST HAPPEND?" expression on his face. priceless

Blackadder

Smash Master
I just can't wait for Gannon to be shown on the updates.
I can be sure he will in the next week.
Why?
Because right about now sakurai should be getting my "SHOW GANNONDORF IN BRAWL UPDATE ON THE SITE NOW" death threat.

abby ratso

Smash Rookie
Banana peel, AWSOME
I noticed that in the pictures it appears the banana might have joints, ragdoll physics anyone?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I just can't wait for Gannon to be shown on the updates.
I can be sure he will in the next week.
Why?
Because right about now sakurai should be getting my "SHOW GANNONDORF IN BRAWL UPDATE ON THE SITE NOW" death threat.
XD I doubt ganondorf will show up on the site for some time. I remember people saying that he won't reveal hidden/secret characters until close/after the games release

Black/Light

Smash Master
Humm, a peel. Nice. . .

I think he plains these upfates out, that their not random but just put togeter in a way he wants. So we get one HUGE bomb shell monday. . .now a peel. can't expect gold on every dig.

I like Kirb's look LMAO!
Kirby: Wth. . . . Ok, I fell. . .

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
um, wouldn't it be cooler with Ganon rather than Ganondorf?

Also, it's nice to be reminded of the crawling system, and the fact that there seems to be an animation post-slip. I'm a little worried that the FX will still be 2D though.

And I'm sad because we didn't get to see Zamus eating the banana...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ganon=Alternate name for gannondorf, that you very much.
....Well.
He can be a hog in some games, but there that same guy, really.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
Humm, a peel. Nice. . .

I think he plains these upfates out, that their not random but just put togeter in a way he wants. So we get one HUGE bomb shell monday. . .now a peel. can't expect gold on every dig.
Exactly. This isn't that much of a great update for me. After Zelda and the OoT medley, you just keep getting high hopes for more stuff like another veteran or a stage which we haven't even seen yet. But now, we get rotten fruit... If this update would be on Monday and Zelda would be today, I would be happy. Now I have to wait untill tomorrow to be happy again >_<.

Blackadder

Smash Master
O my freaking holy lord, this is by far the best update ever, I'm gonna play the original Mario Kart all day, just because of this! Banana peel ftw!
Best update ever?
Clearly you haven't been around on the site to often.

GenG

Smash Lord
Somebody said that this banana peel couldn't be a DK because it has a Smash icon. But it doesn't matter, really. You can't expect items from games like Panepon or Balloon Fight (the spinner) have an icon for them alone. The Super Scope may have a Smash icon, but we know its origin isn't in Smash.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
So im amazed no1 has commented about Zamusthrowing the peel, back when we saw the upate about moving crates/barrels there wasa dscussion on wether if Zamus was doing her dash attack in one of those screens, or was she throwing the barrel (i believe?). Now we see the exact same pose in Zamus when she is throwing the banana peel, so we can confirm thatthat screenshot was Zamus throwing stuff, and thus we still dont know **** bout Zamus dash A.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
My point is that the actual Ganon, as in the giant hog thing, would be preferable to Ganondorf, the human visage to said monster.

Of course, he mighr just be too big.

CasMat

Smash Cadet
My point is that the actual Ganon, as in the giant hog thing, would be preferable to Ganondorf, the human visage to said monster.

Of course, he mighr just be too big.
Ganondorf the Gerudo is more iconic than Ganon the giant blue pig monster nowadays... Doubt they'll use the giant pig beast unless it's his final smash.... and even then it would likely be the TP version of giant boar ganon....

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf the Gerudo is more iconic than Ganon the giant blue pig monster nowadays... Doubt they'll use the giant pig beast unless it's his final smash.... and even then it would likely be the TP version of giant boar ganon....
Speaking of his TP boar form, I love it, just great!

NukeA6

Smash Master
After gooey bomb and now the banana peel, I'm starting to doubt Brawl having the Motion Sensor Bomb.

The MSB from 64 and the U.S.'s Melee came from Goldeneye while ***'s Melee MSB came from Perfect Dark. Now that RARE left Nintendo, I guess they split the motion sensor bomb to make two unique items.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ha. Banana peel. I bet they were behind and go, "Oh shoot, we need an item for the update...BANANA PEEL! Thats quick and easy!

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Checking that last update has made me reach a new level of dissapointment...

I'd rather the update be pictures of the inside of link's bowels, than a ****ing banna...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Heh, i'm happy about the update. DK (even though is a shoe-in) is guarenteed for brawl. Plus, seems like a fun item.

LOL i swear i knew this item was in it, i thought of it and it seemed perfect for brawl. xD I guessi was right.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm surpeised this item didn't have the DK symbol next to it

YES an item to stop Shuffling and Wavedashing
~ watches a Fox player mover back and forth ~
Hold Still
~throws banana and runs and slips ~
Now i got you, you little buger you

Fawriel

Smash Master
Awesome item, AWESOME captions.

I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet.
Kirby's expression is the same as Mario's when he got Gooey Bomb'd.
I'm starting to think they actually sport those facial expressions in the game.

I mean, why not? Imagine your are a casual player, slipped on a peel, everybody's laughing and you press pause to zoom in on your stupid face and it's a happy evening.
Facial expressions would rock. =o

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
I'm surpeised this item didn't have the DK symbol next to it

YES an item to stop Shuffling and Wavedashing
~ watches a Fox player mover back and forth ~
Hold Still
~throws banana and runs and slips ~
Now i got you, you little buger you
i think the item represent Mario Kart not DK

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I beg to differ with a few of you guys. I think this item is very awesome for an item. Though I won't use them too much, I am gonna have very fun with this one. Maybe you can put one on the edge and it edgeguards for you. When they try to grab the edge, they accidentally grab the banana and slip to their demise! ..heh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom