• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we've gotten enough Zelda for now, lol. But who knows with Sakurai, maybe we'll get a new character. :)

RDK

Smash Hero
maybe we'll get a new character
Bring out 'Dorf the Magnificent!

*croud cheers*

Or Captain Falcon.

Or Falco.

Or any of the veterans. Yes, veterans would be good.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather get veterans and be relieved when I see Ice Climbers and Ness, rather then being aware of all the newcomers.

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't think Sakurai will tell us all about all the newcomers yet--he has to have some sort of pull at E3.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I... guess I'll predict an item again, but I've been wrong on that for almost two weeks.

Gotta be right sometime, yeah? :D

1:20 to go!

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
ya know it is a strectch but i think captain falcon will b e revealed

pleez no more music

they need games modes but ithink its gonna be in a catergory where we never saw before.. like notiices and game modes

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
About time my item prediction was right.

An awesome, classic item. And I don't mean Mario Kart classic. I mean ACME classic, dammit.

And some of the best captions by Sakurai yet.

CasMat

Smash Cadet
So... there's a slipping mechanic, at least for this item, but maybe in other places too? This could explain a lot of strange looking screen shots...

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Aw, no Metaknight.
But Banana Peel almost makes up for it. Makes so much sense.
Now we need the lightning that makes all the other players tiny.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
I wonder how many people can slip on it before it goes away. Is it one, like a motion sensor bomb? Or will it be like the bumper in 64 and stay for some amount of time? You can see it still there after Kirby slips and falls.

What if you threw the banana on the edge? Would it be the ultimate edge guarder? That would be sweet.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
This update makes me a happy Monkey
Banana = Monkey = Donkey Kong is practically confirmed
It's not that I didn't think DK wouldn't be in it, it's just nice to see something that erases the very little possibility of them not including him

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many people can slip on it before it goes away. Is it one, like a motion sensor bomb? Or will it be like the bumper in 64 and stay for some amount of time? You can see it still there after Kirby slips and falls.

What if you threw the banana on the edge? Would it be the ultimate edge guarder? That would be sweet.
Most likey >1
It wouldn't do much on the edge, unless that stepped on it I suppose.
Most players tend to aim toward the hang ;)

CasMat

Smash Cadet
It's not that I didn't think DK wouldn't be in it, it's just nice to see something that erases the very little possibility of them not including him
I relate it more to Mario Kart, although I can see how you make the connection.... It's just that ther IS a Mario Kart stage, and it seems more likely to me that they were pulling it from there.

But who cares? DK has been practically confirmed ever since Brawl was announced....

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
you know how a lot of items come from certain games? like star rod from kirby or green shell from mario, i wonder if this is meant to be from mario kart or DK? Id say mario kart, cause bananas never made u slip in DK. Also, with it being from mario kart, it fits with the mario circuit level.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
If it was a Donkey Kong banana, the symbol would be DK's. Same with it being a Mario Kart banana, it'd have the Mario series symbol. It's just a stereotypical cartoon cliché banana peel.

Although I'm 100% sure DK will return, anyway.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
Aww... I just love that look on Kirby's face after he slipped. It's like he's sighing and thinking about why he fell.

I also find it interesting that the peel is still there... I wonder if you can pick it up again?

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Most likey >1
It wouldn't do much on the edge, unless that stepped on it I suppose.
Most players tend to aim toward the hang ;)
Well, naturally, but few things can guard against a properly executed sweet spot. I was talking an edgeguard that wouldn't be reliant on timing, but reliant only on spacing. Or you could edge hog, forcing the poor person who's recovering to eat it on the banana peel so you can jump and shove your knee in their face (or fist, if you aren't Falcon).

And I figured it was a time thing as well.

Do you think you can pick it back up after having thrown it?

*EDIT* Great minds think alike, King Axle

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
...Man. After getting a new character and watching all that bickering about Sheik yesterday... This just has to be about the biggest letdown they could post. It's like... NEW CHARACTER.. MUSIC TO FUEL YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT NEW CHARACTER... meh. Here's a stapler. It staples.

That's not even saying I don't like the peel. It sounds awesome, and kind of like a more...active way of doing damage. Instead of planting a motion sensor bomb and fighting over who hits it first, now you'll actually have to hover around the peel and wait for your chance to smash 'em hard and fast when they slip.

RDK

Smash Hero

I like the way Zamus is lying down, just waiting for Kirby to get pwnt. :laugh:

Master Peach

Smash Ace
It's not that I don't like the banana peel, but I was expecting something more than just a Banana Peel. A Character, or Stage. Meh Whatever. I hope the next update is better.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
So all Smash now needs is a Blue Shell and a Lightning Bolt to transform into Super Mario Kart Brawl;)
Have to say Sakurai has excelled himself with his commentary today

"Oh… She threw it."
"You’re gonna slip! Trust me, you’re GONNA slip!"
"See?! You slipped!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Sakurai is such a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom