• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ganondorf next? are you guys seem to be overlooking something. Apart from third party characters, I doubt any characters that need to be unlocked, veteran or otherwise, will be shown either outside a major event or before the game is released.
Sakurai said "as soon as it's released in Japan, everyone's going know who's in it, so I will most likely reveal them all myself"

BUM163

Smash Lord
2day's update.....i usually don't like the music updates cuz they 2 short or we not battlin in them but i thought sakurai made this music update off the hook.u can imagine urself battlin in a stage n ownin people while that music is being played.i would rather new character updates andddddddddddd new info upon this aerial battlin as he sayz andddddddddd also i wanna see the crawlin skill n othaz if included

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No you're correct. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or has horrible taste.

I cried after todays update. Ok not really but I feel like I got smacked with nostalgia. Song of Storms, Epona's song, Saria's Song, Zelda's theme all rolled into one. I loved it.

*I will not buy OoT on the VC* *I will not but OoT on the VC*...
*Why not* *Why not*?
Oh and BoF was not my favorite though it was good. I like the Nocturne of Shadows and Seranade of Water and Sarias Song and Prelude of Light etc etc... I like Nocturne of Shadows the most.

Sakurai said "as soon as it's released in Japan, everyone's going know who's in it, so I will most likely reveal them all myself"
No spoilers correct mic.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Guess I'm alone in thinking Zelda's Lullaby is the best. Honestly the way Koji Kondo used it for the ending credits of OOT melted my frozen heart. Bolero of Fire et all are good, but I will always remember listening to Zelda's lullaby as the end credits rolled over stills of the sun setting over Hyrule. Gaming gold.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Saria song was the best so far. This is just 1:28 of it, theres going to be more. Is the music for brawl going to be orchastrated or synthesized? I really hope its going to be orchastrated.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Without a doubt Orchestrated. Sakurai is posting the songs that will actually be played in the game.

Melee's music was also orchestrated. For them to not do orchestra in Brawl would cause serious problems.

As in, I'd probably kill my family, light a forest on fire, and then detonate Nintendo main HQ.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
out of the 4, the legend of zelda ocarina medley and the menu theme sounds orchastrated, exept in the LoZ one the piano sounds synthesized. I don't know if what there posting is orchastrated. They might ochastrate all of it later on when they get all the songs down.

i don't think the music in melee was orchastrated

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
out of the 4, the legend of zelda ocarina medley and the menu theme sounds orchastrated, exept in the LoZ one the piano sounds synthesized. I don't know if what there posting is orchastrated. They might ochastrate all of it later on when they get all the songs down.

i don't think the music in melee was orchastrated
yeah, they werent....

The only songs played live were: the intro song, the corneria theme, the fountain of dreams (all of this one played by the nintendo orchestra if im not wrong).......

and the yoshi (super mario world) stage..... with the banjo.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well gotta love the update, all of ocarinas best songs into one, the part I dont lke in the song is eponas song, but just hearing zelda lullaby at the end gave me chills...

And please people dont go: "OMG OoT songs!1! Y. link, skull kid are in!!1!one" believe me sooner or later its gonna happen...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
It all depends on the song

the orchestrated version oc classic mario in smash64 sucked
the trumplets were bleating and some of the woodwinds were flat

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
so if this is legend of zelda week (probably not) would ganandorf, new zelda character (midna) or zelda final smash be next

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well so far it is a Zelda week and we are all rejoycing. Hope it stays that way because anything Zelda for Smash is good news. Maybe my wanted Tingle will be announced!?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Doubt it, Im bettin we wont get new charater til after E3, maybe one but I doubt it, just because they show two zelda updates doesnt mean its zeldqa week, last week there were 2 SF updates, and last week as well 2 straoght Finals were revealed...

Yet I wouldnt be surprised if We get Falcon, Yoshi, Dk or bowser soon...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I don't think Marth will make it. Although popular amongst fans and he is good, I think Ike and Hector will replace him. Ike looks way more bad @$$ and is the $hiznit. Hector is awesome too.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Back on the topic of orchestration for the music, I think we can all agree that for this game to be as truly epic as it's being hyped up to be, orchestration NEEDS to be done for all the music. Not that I have anything against MIDI - it can sound rather close to an orchestra at times with current technology - but if the music stays the way it is on the site at the moment, the 36-or-so musicians' work will go overlooked in the grand scheme of things because the final product could have sounded that much more realistic.

So while the site samples sound absolutely amazing the way they are now (as nostalgic as today's update was, I'm a fan of the Ridley music more - naturally seems more epic-battle-worthy), I believe live orchestration needs to be done in some fashion to cement this game in video game music history, at the VERY least.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
still listening to the update. man i love downloading all the songs.

song of storms-slow, quiet, relaxing
then it starts flowing, streamlined into the part
epona-lively, fast, exciting
song of time-hard, brutal
exciting pace into the best part...
saria's song-just makes me wanna...DANCE!
abrubtly ends, then...
zelda's lullaby-familiar, calming

man i LOVE this medley!

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Which most likely means we're not getting unlockables for now (it's still a long time until Japanese release) but around those dates we'll start getting them by mouth of the man himself, which is undoubtedly much better than lame FAQ spoilers ;).

I'm still wondering if I should try to avoid these spoilers or not, myself. On one hand, I like the surprise... on the other, the anticipation might kill me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom