• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
OOT MUSIC!!! WOOT!!!! no ganondorf ****it.....aw well another day, another update. I do agree that the music is a little chaotic, but you have to admit when you heard that ocarina sound you all went "AWWWWW SNAP!" lol well atleast i did....

Snakz

Smash Ace
I like the music, but i just hope there's going to be a revised version, it sounded like it was done with a crappy *** music program

I have a theory (and believe me, i know it's most likely not true, i just want to see if im anywhere remotely right). Since the yoshi's story music update, there have been two other muisc updtaes, and each have a time span of 8 updates between them. So perhaps there will be a music update every 8 updates?

I am ready to be flamed, i've done mah duty

Edit: Okay, i take back what i said about the music being done on a crappy *** program, but for some reason it still sounds too...artificial, although maybe that's not the right word

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I love the new music. Very nostalgic. However, I personally wish Sakurai puts in the TP theme in the game (or basically the TP Hyrule Theme rendition).

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
I love the music... so much, i think its great, omg Saria's song has such a great new force to it, lovely.

Buff Zelda Sakurai, BUFF ZELDA PLEASE!!!

Rash

Smash Ace
I don't understand how people can be dissapointed with this music. To me, it's easily the best track so far, besides Menu 1.

Does it sound like it could be an OCRemix? Maybe. There are definitely some distinctions that make it sound a little more professional, and unlike a lot of remix work this one sounds like it'd be great to hear in-game. Heck, I don't see why being like an OCRemix is bad anyway; a lot of those guys can make incredible tracks, ones that can even trump the best of Melee's soundtrack. Yes, they're not full-on professionals like Koji Kondo but they can arrange video game music very well. Now that I think about it, Sakurai should get Virt to do some work for Brawl! That guy has experience making real game music and remixes, where his remixes are usually always the best of the best.

What are you guys really expecting from the music? Just like Melee there are going to be tracks that blow you away and there are going to be others that you don't care for. There's no reason that anyone should be demanding pure perfection, and even then this Zelda theme is as close to top-quality as I can think of, and is definitely on level with a lot of Melee's offerings.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Frankly I find most of Melee's soundtrack to sound rather weak..
Well, I agree with you, Rash.

I guess those who complain about this song might have a point, though...
After listening to different opinions, I decided to analyze the song a little more.
I already posted this in the official music thread, but oh well, I'll just copy it.

"Song of Storms: I love this song. The rearrangement enhances the already bittersweet tone of the original, which I really like. There's a minor slip-up in the main instrument at one point. Overall, it's a really good part... the background instruments seem kinda useless, though, they keep repeating themselves quietly and could've been used to add more flow.
Epona's Song part 1: It's an interesting change from the original, yet it seems a bit out of place. What's most disappointing is that the main instrument seems flat and doesn't flow freely, which is probably the greatest problem you encounter when rearranging a song... it feels like it just reiterates the original melody because it has to.
Epona's Song part 2: My least favourite part. Mostly due to personal preference; it just sounds too much like ye olde happy orchestra victory tune or something like that. It also sounds out of place and somewhat carries over the forced melody from the previous part.
Song of Time: I actually kinda like this part. The main instrument is rather flat again, but the background gives it more tempo, and it's definitely an interesting take on the original, and comes as a surprising turn in the tone of the song.
Saria's Song: You cannot possibly go wrong with Saria's Song. It's the best and most energetic part, and also an interesting new take on the original tune. I'm not sure what to think of the fact that the beginning and the end of this segment set it apart from the rest of the medley so much, I think it could maybe have flown better. But still. Love.
Zelda's Lullaby: Heard only briefly, it's not really very interesting... the background doesn't really fit here and the main instrument.. well, that's Zelda's Lullaby. Not much of a rearrangement here, it's okay, I suppose. Hopefully it evolves some more."

NukeA6

Smash Master
So, does anyone else want to say that Ocarina of Time has no place in Brawl? Smash Bros was mostly about nostalgic games anyway.

I like how they squeezed some Zelda songs together and made it sound pretty good. I'm not usually into that (after hearing the Pokemon junk in Melee) but they did an excellent job here.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I dunno, the medley seems to consist of songs played on the orcarina of time, not actually area themes from the game. Chances are the Sun's song will be included and possibly the temple teleportation music. I don't think the Gerudo theme will be included in the medley, which is a shame because it's an awesome theme.

Still, very nice music, one I look forward to battling to.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Frankly I find most of Melee's soundtrack to sound rather weak..
Well, I agree with you, Rash.

I guess those who complain about this song might have a point, though...
After listening to different opinions, I decided to analyze the song a little more.
I already posted this in the official music thread, but oh well, I'll just copy it.

"Song of Storms: I love this song. The rearrangement enhances the already bittersweet tone of the original, which I really like. There's a minor slip-up in the main instrument at one point. Overall, it's a really good part... the background instruments seem kinda useless, though, they keep repeating themselves quietly and could've been used to add more flow.
Epona's Song part 1: It's an interesting change from the original, yet it seems a bit out of place. What's most disappointing is that the main instrument seems flat and doesn't flow freely, which is probably the greatest problem you encounter when rearranging a song... it feels like it just reiterates the original melody because it has to.
Epona's Song part 2: My least favourite part. Mostly due to personal preference; it just sounds too much like ye olde happy orchestra victory tune or something like that. It also sounds out of place and somewhat carries over the forced melody from the previous part.
Song of Time: I actually kinda like this part. The main instrument is rather flat again, but the background gives it more tempo, and it's definitely an interesting take on the original, and comes as a surprising turn in the tone of the song.
Saria's Song: You cannot possibly go wrong with Saria's Song. It's the best and most energetic part, and also an interesting new take on the original tune. I'm not sure what to think of the fact that the beginning and the end of this segment set it apart from the rest of the medley so much, I think it could maybe have flown better. But still. Love.
Zelda's Lullaby: Heard only briefly, it's not really very interesting... the background doesn't really fit here and the main instrument.. well, that's Zelda's Lullaby. Not much of a rearrangement here, it's okay, I suppose. Hopefully it evolves some more."

. . . Pretty much everything I would have said about the whole thing . . . +1.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Ughh, we'll never get that DK/Yoshi update that I've been waiting for. Music... why don't they just give us the game and we'll listen to the music.

ndlg

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure everyone's favorite song was Bolero of Fire... Or am I alone on that one.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
This was the only music update that i actually enjoyed (besides the first one). Song of the Storms is teh s***.

Edit: Out of the transport songs, Bolero of Fire was by far the best. IF shiek is in then they should make a track mixing toghether all the songs that she plays.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
It's your favorite? That's strange, I can't say that's my favorite also, lol. I always liked Epona's song, and Saria's song.

Sandy

Smash Champion
The song sounds pretty cool. Their next update will probably be an item or a stage... Ganondorf will look better in Brawl since they are making Zelda characters look like they do in TP, my brother likes using Young Link so if he is still in I hope he uses abilities from either Majora's Mask or WW, like he could uses masks or something and his taunt could be Kamaro's dance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gannondorf was the next vetren fighter released. I think they added Zelda before more common vetrans since they could just take the model of her from Twilight Princess. It would be the same thing with Gannondorf. With other vetran fighters like DK, Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, and so on, they aren't in any games for the Wii so they would have to design them from scratch. (Mario Party doesn't count since they couldn't use those designs)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Pretty sure everyone's favorite song was Bolero of Fire... Or am I alone on that one.
that's my favorite song too! it's fast, catchy, and long too.

great update today. i love music updates, and this is very nostalgic for me, considering i still love this game even today (even though Twilight Princess is good, it STILL couldn't beat the best game ever spot from ocarina.) hopefully they add the temple teleportation songs in there too

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
The song sounds pretty cool. Their next update will probably be an item or a stage... Ganondorf will look better in Brawl since they are making Zelda characters look like they do in TP, my brother likes using Young Link so if he is still in I hope he uses abilities from either Majora's Mask or WW, like he could uses masks or something and his taunt could be Kamaro's dance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gannondorf was the next vetren fighter released. I think they added Zelda before more common vetrans since they could just take the model of her from Twilight Princess. It would be the same thing with Gannondorf. With other vetran fighters like DK, Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, and so on, they aren't in any games for the Wii so they would have to design them from scratch. (Mario Party doesn't count since they couldn't use those designs)
Oh wow, never thought about it that way. But yeah, if it isn't an item or a stage, it probably will be Ganondorf. He better be in there.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think we can expect a stage or two from LoZ with this music. And I definitely agree Ganon is my bet for the next veteran. I also agree on the TP part, because they'll want to get people hooked with these,dare I say snazzy, new character designs. There isn't a whole lot they can do for the others, and we kind of expect that, but they can wow us with the TP designs.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance wasn't bad. I may get the sequel for DS.

EDIT: This probably inspired me to go make some progress in OoT that I got for the virtual console since my N64 is officially done.

~rh

Smash Lord
I love all the music updates. For me, music is more important than graphics in games.
:)

OoT update was surprising to me, actually...

I didn't think they were gonna put any more Zelda things in for some reason... stupid for me to think that though :laugh:

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
We can't predict anything anymore, we're never going to be right, lol. I wouldn't mind seeing the Ice Climbers right now. :p

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I agree with Doggalina, I think that a game with a good musical score, will be able to suck people into the overall experience with much more ease.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Gameplay > Music > Graphics.

Thank God for OoT music. A TP medley would've been lamez0rs. I can't wait to hear the full song, which sucks, because I know that the only time I'll get to hear that is after the game is released. =(

~Dac

~rh

Smash Lord
I agree with Doggalina, I think that a game with a good musical score, will be able to suck people into the overall experience with much more ease.
Exactly. Look at Megaman 2 for the NES. That music was 10x better than the music in... lets say Black. Music was almost non-existant in that game, but compared to what it did have and 8-bit game blew it outta the water.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Song of Stroms,omg...makes me wanna go play the OoT Master Quest again just to here that and my secondary favorite Song of Time.Not to be a music hag or whatnot,but I swear to god(and Ive been saying this for years now)that the Song of Time and Song of Time sound incrediabliy close to the Chrono Trigger song when Chrono is in the chapel and has to play the organ to open the door to the games 1st boss.Listen to that music in there before you play the organ,and youll be amazed too.

Dear god this game is gonna be legendary,I can see it now.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Ganondorf next? are you guys seem to be overlooking something. Apart from third party characters, I doubt any characters that need to be unlocked, veteran or otherwise, will be shown either outside a major event or before the game is released. Personally I think a new item update is gonna turn up soon, otherwise either a character move update or stage update.

But that's just me. Last two music updates the composers have excelled, both incredibly awesome. I didn't like the yoshi track at all and kind of disregarded all music updates as crap but the Ridley theme and Ocarina medley are absolutely amazing.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf next? are you guys seem to be overlooking something. Apart from third party characters, I doubt any characters that need to be unlocked, veteran or otherwise, will be shown either outside a major event or before the game is released. Personally I think a new item update is gonna turn up soon, otherwise either a character move update or stage update.

But that's just me. Last two music updates the composers have excelled, both incredibly awesome. I didn't like the yoshi track at all and kind of disregarded all music updates as crap but the Ridley theme and Ocarina medley are absolutely amazing.
Aw, crushing our Ganondorf dreams, :(. But yeah, you probably are right, hopefully he'll just leave every other character uncomfirmed so we are surprised.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Anyway,sorry for the double post,but I been meaning to ask you guys about the man in green,Luigi.Do you guys think hes gonna be in Brawl?Iam aware that hes got his own personality now,but still,there hasnt been any info pointing towards him.Yoshi's is already confirm due to self explaintory reasons.Just worried about Luigi since the only game he had out was Luigi's Mansion.

LOL Paranoid.I dont blame ya,Ganondorf better have it.I doubt they will leave it out tho,because I can see Zelda having the light arrows from TP as a new move set,and if they add that to the mix,fans are gonna be wondering if they can have classic battles such in re creating the events of TP :laugh:,for humorous reasons.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I can't see the taking out the green machine, he's still a big part of the Mario franchise, and he hasn't had any less hints than DK or Captain Falcon, who I'm 100% certain will return.

~rh

Smash Lord
Aw, crushing our Ganondorf dreams, :(. But yeah, you probably are right, hopefully he'll just leave every other character uncomfirmed so we are surprised at E3.
Fixed that for ya :)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
No you're correct. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or has horrible taste.

I cried after todays update. Ok not really but I feel like I got smacked with nostalgia. Song of Storms, Epona's song, Saria's Song, Zelda's theme all rolled into one. I loved it.

*I will not buy OoT on the VC* *I will not but OoT on the VC*...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom