• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I knew today's update would be like this... lol. They didn't have a banana in Melee did they? I played yesterday but I cannot remember.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
i think the item represent Mario Kart not DK
yeah but the item comes from Dk, in Double dash the big bananas and stuff came from the DK and Diddy kong team, Just like how the Shells go to the Koopa and the parakoopa, or fire balls to mario and luigi

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, stupid banana. But hopefully that'll mean DK is coming soon. It better, we need to see that big old ape.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
D.Kong is in no matter what. There just is not a way he can't be and if he isn't, a lot of fans will be disapointed. I wouldn't doubt his profile update after Yoshi's.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah, I hope you're right. When is Yoshi's update supposed to be coming?
We can't predict updates due to there is no info or order since the Zelda surprise. No clue but we have his stage and music so he is in. I am thinking he will take his DS appearance some reason though.

IMO the items so far are great. Banana peel.... So simple, yet so many uses... and **** funny.
Banana Peels do look awesome but stages and new characters are better.;)
-heh-

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I wonder if the banana will actually be useful. Like, if someone slips on one near the edge, will they be able to fall off?

And if they do, will it take away their second jump, or stun them for a while?

It would be pretty cool if it was actually an item that could be skillfully used to kill someone...

*Watches captain falcon slip on a bananapeel while going full speed and slips off the stage*

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
The banana is from DK games. Mario Kart took the bananas from the DK games... but you couldn't really slip on them in DK so i think this one might be a 50-50 thing.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Man, I called this like 3 months ago. Like I thought before, the character will probably be temporarily stunned after they slip.

Of course, this items is funny, but who's actually going to slip on it? It's more obvious than the mine, and probably less deadly. You'd have to be a pretty big f*cktard to actually slip on that thing. =P

~Dac

NukeA6

Smash Master
Let's all predict the next update will be crawling and maybe we'll get less disapointments.

Snakz

Smash Ace
It's been a while since they've done a Smash 101 update, i'd like to see them introduce crawling next, but they'll probably do somthing completely different.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man, I called this like 3 months ago. Like I thought before, the character will probably be temporarily stunned after they slip.

Of course, this items is funny, but who's actually going to slip on it? It's more obvious than the mine, and probably less deadly. You'd have to be a pretty big f*cktard to actually slip on that thing. =P

~Dac
Thats true until you play a match with bananas only.

ndlg

Smash Rookie
How funny would it be if you had to eat the banana in order to throw it. This would prevent people from actually slipping on the banana once it is first spawned.... nevermind that would be ********.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody else think it's stupid that he'll release everything in the game by the time the game is released?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The banana is from DK games. Mario Kart took the bananas from the DK games... but you couldn't really slip on them in DK so i think this one might be a 50-50 thing.
however, they list this item under the smash bros. franchise, not DK's. that kinda upset me, not cause it confirms DK in any way (i know he'll be in, he better cause it gives Diddy a chance) but it feels like they stole this from DK's franchise.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
That would definitely make the games more interesting if you did get stunned for maybe a few seconds. It would make you avoid the banana peels. :p

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I think even though bananas appreared in DK games first, because of the usage, I'd say they're from the MK games. It's a good idea, IMO, I'm wondering why melee and the original didn't have banana peels. One of those items that annoy but don't really change the outcome of a match too much, just a way to annoy your opponent, mostly. I think it's good. And Sakurai isn't going to give us any groundbreaking updates on that site, it's too low-key. The biggest updates so far are returning characters from Melee, whoopdeedoo, like Zelda might not be returning...

He seems to be trying to give us updates that make us ask more questions, like "does this mean Ridley is in?" or "what about Shiek?" inbetween updates about random new items.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I wouldnt imagine that it wouldnt stun you any longer than just a second (if at all). I bet that you simply fall on the ground, 3-5% damage, and then you can hop right back up. This could lead to some interesting uses of the banana if it works in that matter. You could be running towards someone, slip on banana, l-cancel/roll past them, and be up and behind them...Interesting. It could be a nice addition, or it could suck, depending on stun time, damage, and if it makes you slip differently, depending on if you are walking, dashing, crawling, etc.

Edit: As an after thought, I really hope they bring the bumper back from ssb64. I know that it can be an automatic kill (just turn it off if you dont like it), but honestly, throwin a bumper right down on someone's head when they are off the edge is one of the best feelings ever....or the 4 bouncer bumper, that somehow comes back and kills the person who threw it, thats fun too.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
We can't predict updates due to there is no info or order since the Zelda surprise. No clue but we have his stage and music so he is in. I am thinking he will take his DS appearance some reason though.
Judging by the rest of the cast that recieved changes to them thats up to date with there most recent game out on the market,Id say you already correct.Iam still worried about Luigi tho,due to Wario already being in Brawl.

~rh

Smash Lord
Does anybody else think it's stupid that he'll release everything in the game by the time the game is released?
Well... I would like to know all the characters... but not periodically like he is doing now. I would like him to just tell everyone who is returning, release some more newcomers and a lot of the music [cause the music on the game is legendary, i'll say :)] and have all of the characters leaked on when the Japanese get the game.

Personal opinion though.

~rh

Smash Lord
Well, I'm assuming that they will. So if they will, thats what I think is going on.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Arigatou. (for posting that...asuming you know japanese)
But if they just spilled all the info out, they wouldn't have anything for events like E3 or TGS which are coming up. Plus, Nintendo and Sakurai always keeps the info in for any kind of game...it is just there kind of deal. Just be glad for the updates we have.
By the way, what is IIRC or QTF?

pirkid

Smash Lord
Arigatou. (for posting that...asuming you know japanese)
But if they just spilled all the info out, they wouldn't have anything for events like E3 or TGS which are coming up. Plus, Nintendo and Sakurai always keeps the info in for any kind of game...it is just there kind of deal. Just be glad for the updates we have.
By the way, what is IIRC or QTF?

IIRC: If I remember correctly?
QFT: Quoted For Truth
QTF: QUEER TEH ****

Yea.

~rh

Smash Lord
Yeah, I also like the updates everyday. What I meant though is that they should give out the small stuff everyday [items, music], info people are really wanting to know [release date, the return of certain advanced techniques, etc.] at conventions like E3 and the tokyo game show, then when it releases the updates will stop [obviously lol] and all of the rest will come out socially, via blogs, game sites, etc.

I personally, like to see things that have me in suspense in bulk, like if a relative was pregnant, i would want to know she is getting married at the same time instead of when the baby is born or a couple of months after, you know?

Yeah I think i confused you guys :laugh:

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Yeah, I also like the updates everyday. What I meant though is that they should give out the small stuff everyday [items, music], info people are really wanting to know [release date, the return of certain advanced techniques, etc.] at conventions like E3 and the tokyo game show, then when it releases the updates will stop [obviously lol] and all of the rest will come out socially, via blogs, game sites, etc.
I doubt Nintendo will officially announce "L-canceling and wavedash can be used in Brawl. Moonwalk is also there, too." L/Z-Cancel has been in there since Smash 64, but Nintendo never recognized it. The same goes for something as simple as short-hopping
I think

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
QFT- quoted for truth, pretty much you want to emphasize what someone said.

IIRC- if i recall correctly...self explanatory.

i like these little updates everyday, it gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning!!!!
Thank you Petre.

I personally, like to see things that have me in suspense in bulk, like if a relative was pregnant, i would want to know she is getting married at the same time instead of when the baby is born or a couple of months after, you know?

Yeah I think i confused you guys :laugh:
....? What does a baby and marriage have to do with anything? And I am sure they are not going to announce advance techs. Plus, they do give out small updates every weekday.
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ < Do that guys.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well I was expecting this item sooner or later, but cmon just a banana peel? why not two items? meh kidna lame update, I wasnt even suprised or intrigue by it... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom