• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
So maybe after E3, it will up date faster.
Sakurai won't give out ALL the information now--he needs to keep some to unveil at E3.

Hmmm... why didn't they make it the Mario Kart Banana peel? all they needed to do was add eyes
That would be funny. All they need now is that lightning item/box/thing that makes everyone else all small when someone hits it.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Predictions time! First, some observations, it's been:

3 days since a character update
16 days since a How to Play update
14 days since a Game Mode update
4 days since a stage update
1 day since an item update
2 days since a music update

I really think we won't be seeing many game modes until closer to release. We are way, way overdue for a How to Play update. However, I'm also tempted to think that he'll get back to characters in order to prep us more for E3.

I've also been thinking about something a friend pointed out; they seem to do two related updates in a row (Link and Pikachu Final Smashes, Fox special moves and Lylat, Zelda and OOT Medley). Using this logic, I think I'm going to place my prediction for tonight as either... Donkey Kong or Mario Circuit.

I know (as I've stated myself before) that the Banana Peel isn't necessarily from DKC or Mario Kart, as it's a classic gag thrice as old as most of us. However it could easily chain into one of those two updates.

... then again, the Peel may have been a lone update, with the duo coming tomorrow and friday. Or it could be a shallow theory in general.

Only time, and Sakurai's unpredictability, will tell!

GenG

Smash Lord
I feel this week is over, after revealing a new veteran and the awesome medley, I can live with crappy items the rest of the week.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Does anybody else think it's stupid that he'll release everything in the game by the time the game is released?
Yeah I agree with you. That's why we must be careful and run away when he starts mentioning the unlockables. It is true that I wanna know if some characters I hoping make it but I can wait till I play the game. All I wanna know are the stuff that can be found in the instruction booklet. When it goes beyond that, adios!

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I wish Sakurai would just stop with the updates and actually get the **** game out before the end of the year. :p I mean, we've had videos for over a year, and it's not even close to being out yet.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I just wish he showed us one more trailer, thats all Im askin, show us some 5 newcomers and I'll wait til the game is released... really!

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i think our best bet is to completely forget that smash even exists until that one day we're at the store and say HOLY **** IT'S BRAWL. The daily update thing makes the wait seem ridiculously longer...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ah yes, I cant freaking wait for that game, I'm actually gonna camp out a gamestop or something, even thought Ill preorder it, ill get the game, grab a trolley back to the border, get to mexico, grab a taxi, arrive, play as pit, sleep, wake up after 2 hours of sleep, and 15 non-stop hours of brawl!

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
I'm noticing a pattern emerging from the updates. Mondays are good, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are fairly decent, Thursdays are the worst, then on Friday we get a goodun. So if tommorrow the pattern continues tommorrow should be uninspiring, but Friday should be very nice, particularly if Zelda's update is anything to go by.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
The daily updates make things go faster for me... instead of saying "6 months to go" I can just say "I wonder what we'll see tonight". Taking it days at a time is way better than months at a time...

Also, I think if Sakurai stopped the updates, albeit with a big finale update before he did, you'd all realize how much you appreciated daily updates before the next 24 hours were up.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the updates do make it go slower. Everyday I look at it and I'm like "Wow, another item update" even though the game is probably already done. >:o

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i love the updates. i really don't care what it is, i'm just glad i'm getting SOMETHING.

but have you noticed we haven't had a two update day for quite sometime? i remember when it started we had at least one day in the week where two updates showed up, but now we just get one...

it was probably because he had to explain something and show an example (Pokeball and groundon, Smash Ball and Mario's Final Smash, etc) but still on days like this it would be grand to have at least 2

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, hopefully. Just imagine, at E3 they announce that Brawl is coming out before the end of the summer. :)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ah yes, I cant freaking wait for that game, I'm actually gonna camp out a gamestop or something, even thought Ill preorder it, ill get the game, grab a trolley back to the border, get to mexico, grab a taxi, arrive, play as pit, sleep, wake up after 2 hours of sleep, and 15 non-stop hours of brawl!
reminds me of when i saw alot of people out waiting for the lousy PS3 which imo wasn't worth it:cool:,, I alos can't wait to get the copy of it in my hands, it will sure be one glorious day for all smashers around:)

Maybe, hopefully. Just imagine, at E3 they announce that Brawl is coming out before the end of the summer. :)
I doubt that hte earliest might be in october, but it's a possibility

Keto

Smash Journeyman
I feel this week is over, after revealing a new veteran and the awesome medley, I can live with crappy items the rest of the week.
They might do the same thing after E3, assuming there is a trailer. After E3 will be filled with How To Play updates, I hope I'm wrong.

~rh

Smash Lord
They might do the same thing after E3, assuming there is a trailer. After E3 will be filled with How To Play updates, I hope I'm wrong.
Well that would suck greatly, assuming that they leave something we really want to know out of their presentation at E3.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think the game will be out by November, that'd way id be out for the holiday season, Im guessing late november or early december...

OmegaXXII

^^ probably our best bet for brawl release might be around mid-November which is around the time of the Wii 1year anniversity

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt both wil lcome out around the same time, glaxy would sell less, even if the game is uber awesome, Brawl is just too **** sweet to beat...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, i predict galaxy will come out first, so everyone can beat the game and get their mario gears out before brawl comes out, cause if it were the opposite, galaxy would never sell. why? cause no one would leave their houses anymore

Sandy

Smash Champion
The updates are more of foreshadowing in a sense. Like semi-confirming things, while confirming others. I mean, look at the Ridley Theme Music, it doesn't state that Ridley will be in it, but there's the obvious under-tone that Ridley will make SOME type of appearance. I honestly see him as an Adventure stage.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
well, i predict galaxy will come out first, so everyone can beat the game and get their mario gears out before brawl comes out, cause if it were the opposite, galaxy would never sell. why? cause no one would leave their houses anymore
A ****ING MEN to that. If the brawl online capabilities are acceptable, im never leaving my house, EVER!

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
The ONE thing that will make or break brawl is online play, pure and simple. I think Nintendo knows this, and the reason we are waiting so long with so much still left hidden, is because they havea sweet online mode in the works. Just think of it. E3 comes, and they blow us away with good online mode. It would be perfect. I cannot see Nintendo passing this oppourtunity up!!

It's time for the Wii's online abilities to shine IMO.

OmegaXXII

^^^ I really hope that online play doesn't turn out bad at all meaning without lag whatsoever, and if indeed they are working on that then I wouldn't mind if if to a few extra weeks for them to get online working properly

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
If it has a flawless online, it'll be amazing. Just imagine, online tournaments, no 2-10 hour drives anymore. :) If it has lag though, it'll kill it. Ugh, the wait till November till it comes out is torture. That means we'll finally get it after going back to school for 2 months. :(

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Online mode will most likely be unplayable by pros and advanced players. Keep that in your head.

~Dac

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Online mode will most likely be unplayable by pros and advanced players. Keep that in your head.

~Dac
QFT. Even with a perfect connection, the smallest ping can still have just enough of a delay to set off your timing. And in Smash, timing is everything.

I'd be more worried about the gameplay before online play.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I bet they'll purposely put 1 frame of lag to make us prefer face-to-face tournaments. That way they can keep us smashers social rather than having tournaments from our houses.. lol yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom