• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people think that Brawl won't even be half as good as Melee...
Predictions are useless.
And online play, I could care less about, the gameplay itself is the most important thing here.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I don't get why people think that Brawl won't even be half as good as Melee...
I think we just use it in theoretical statements. Brawl will pretty much inevitably top Melee... even if everyone's precious wavedashing is removed.

Green Shell said:
Predictions are useless.
But such a fun way to pass the time. :D

Green Shell said:
And online play, I could care less about, the gameplay itself is the most important thing here.
Amen.

A little under an hour until the update now...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i reckon then that it's voting time

i vote for a final smash

hey i just remembered that i was right about music two days ago woot

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I think we just use it in theoretical statements. Brawl will pretty much inevitably top Melee... even if everyone's precious wavedashing is removed.
I must of overlooked all of the statements then, it seems to be used quite a lot, however.
And about wavedashing, people hardly use it to good use anyways. Just to show off :p
But I do admit, it is fun to do xD (especially with bowser, he grinds the ground...)

But such a fun way to pass the time. :D
Pretty much what the whole "General Brawl Discussion" and "Brawl Character Discussion" boards were made for. :D

Amen.

A little under an hour until the update now...
I can't really even predict today's, everything seems to be evened out. If I say that it will be a Smash 101, it'll end up being Ganondorf or something... heh.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey, donkey smasher, one question:
You joined up like, 3 days ago, and you have over a hunder posts.
Either you have no life outside this forum, or you're a major spammer.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
He has more posts than I do and I've been here for over a year. ;_;

7 minutes! Time flies when you're playing Tower Defense...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Wow, he gave us a blurred out character select screen. What a tease. I love Sakurai. <3

Good to see they made saving your controller config to your username possible.

The game UI really reminds me of Kirby Air Ride's mixed healthily with Melee's.

Edit: bad point: Looks like names are still only 4 letters :( Mine is three anyway, but I was expected an upgrade, especially with the thought of online play around the corner...

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
If I recall, I had 50 posts in the first 2 days?
Spending my time on the computer during the summer, is what I usually do.
The computer, is just... fun? :p
Especially about games that are fun as well.

AND HOLY CRAP.
Big update.
Too bad they blocked out the character screen.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
holy crap awesome update. unfortunately it looks like we can't enter names longer than 4 characters, and we get to see a little bit of the user interface, but we get to customize controls! there goes all of the speculating as we can now simply make whatever controls we want! what would be an even cooler feature i hope gets made is if you could save ur profile/name on your wii remote similar to how you can save pokemon from PBR or miis from the mii channel.

i like how he blurred out the character selection screen lol

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Wow, he gave us a blurred out character select screen.

What a tease. I love Sakurai. <3

Edit: Bad Point: Looks like names are still only 4 letters :(
Four letters still works for me.
Since Evan is my name ;)
The thought of saving controll functions to names it awesome to me.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yeah i always go as Mike so 4 letters doesn't matter to me either.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Wow, he gave us a blurred out character select screen.

What a tease. I love Sakurai. <3

The game UI really reminds me of Kirby Air Ride's mixed healthily with Melee's.

Edit: Bad Point: Looks like names are still only 4 letters :(

Seriously, the same thing came to my mind too. It looks like Kirby Air Ride!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
what would be an even cooler feature i hope gets made is if you could save ur profile/name on your wii remote similar to how you can save pokemon from PBR or miis from the mii channel.
^^^
He said they were working on it, but it may not happen.

this is a very significant update. Unique configs FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Somasu

Smash Ace
The only problem I have with the 4 letter name thing is the fact that the same name might pop up everywhere.

Certianly hoping that ain't the case for too many people.

All I know is that I'm still putting in Soma.

UBSmashPrez

Smash Apprentice
Why do I get the feeling that all the "competitive" pro smash players will redesign their control buttons to some configuration that nobody else would use, but it causes some sort of glitch/abuse/never intended to be in the game type of thing that will give them an advantage..

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Wait does he mean you can change your controls. i.e. you make a random button like Z to jump?

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
greatest update so far! i am alittle afraid of the problems of configuring the buttons becuz its seems like its gunna scare away people who just want 2 pick up and play right away...and i hope there is a defualt setting as well.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Wow, talk about an update. I was refreshing like crazy and then..it popped up! I was like whoa..

Summary: I was shocked!

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to go under TCOZ. it's my nonexistent ticker symbol for the book I'm writing.
did someone else make a discussion thread about the names themselves? if not, I just did.

EDIT: whooo.... that's a bright menu.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
My name is only 4 letters, but I never use my actual name anyway :p

I thought this was a boring update until I got to the bottom part. I really like the idea of being able to have your own unique button configurations. I know I'll be playing around with that until I find something I'm really comfortable with...

CasMat

Smash Cadet
man these minutes right before an update builds up so much tension. i hate weekends now lol
The fact that thispost was made at 2:01 is really funny to me. :p

So this is kind of.... interesting. Now you don't need to worry about the conrtol scheme at least, as you can do whatever you want to it!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
So, who likes the look of the new menus?
They look kinda "kiddy" to me?
Hmmm..
they dont seem that special to me either, but the game isnt finished yet

The only problem I have with the 4 letter name thing is the fact that the same name might pop up everywhere.

Certianly hoping that ain't the case for too many people.

All I know is that I'm still putting in Soma.
im fine, goin wit BB22!

Wait does he mean you can change your controls. i.e. you make a random button like Z to jump?
yup

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Why do I get the feeling that all the "competitive" pro smash players will redesign their control buttons to some configuration that nobody else would use, but it causes some sort of glitch/abuse/never intended to be in the game type of thing that will give them an advantage..
yea i kinda think this will defiantly occur... when i first saw this that was what i had in mind as well... i also fear that having the choice to change the buttons may hurt players growth where when u cant change the controls they must learn to master what they have and now when the feel a little discouraged they are gunna change controls taking them longer to settle down kinda(its hard to explain what i mean)...but see this did any one think ONLINE!

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Makes no sense. All it does is change what button is used for what. It's really hard to have a glitch in that. On the extreme off chance there was, it'd be banned in tournaments anyway.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
alrighty blackadder i will explain my post count because of three reasons

1, I'm involved in about 20 threads
2. my posts aren't long
3. I try to react to the threads quickly(usually i'm in the menu screen to see which thread had a reply read it and if needed make a post)

it's quite simple i might be called a spammer but i'm usually on topic and make good rplies so eh

i'm quite surprised with my post count also since i make lots of movesets, lists, and stages which take time also i'm a slow typer

also i'm an insomniac therefore my mind id used to wandering explains some of the random threads

finally i never have those long quotes followed with flaming which wastes a ton of time

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Awesome update. Menus = Excitement. Even though they blocked out th character selection screen this update still rocked. Can't wait for more info, and E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom