• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I like how you said "unfortunately, I have an invitation"
I feel that this isn't something unfortunate.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Estimated cost for E3:

Hotel: 3 nights = 150 dollars +

Clothing=Nice Button up shirt and good pants=60 dollars

Food= 50 dollars(For everyone)

Gas=30 dollars

OC3 estimated cost:

Tournament fee and housing: 75$

Gas=20$

That's a good amount of cash there.
Who all are you bringing with you, why are you paying for *everyones* food, and why dont' you already own a nice shirt and pants?

Who all are you bringing with you, why are you paying for *everyones* food, and why dont' you already own a nice shirt and pants?

Because i'm the casual type who dresses in baggy-enough casual pants and a good T-shirt.

XD

I don't dress fancy often.

BTW,that's the money I have to pitch in,and so do my other 3 friends,you know how expensive Hotels get around this time?

The food money also comes to a joint 200 because food out there is expensive,and I can't just pack my own lunches that easily,because I have to pay extra for a room with a fridge.When I say everyone,that means everyone is going to have to pitch in.

The others i'm riding with are covering most of the badge expensis since i'm covering the other things.

that actually sounds like a horrible situation to be in
money can be against you when it comes to video games
E3

Serious ****ing buisness.

I remember when I only had to spend a few dollars to go to the convention center and back via the metro.I just took a Bus to the metro,took it to the L.A. convention center,and then after I see everything and wait till' the end of the day,I did the same thing going back home.

Then I would wake up and do it all over again.Now that's it's in Santa Monica,I have to go through several complications.Going to Santa Monica from long Beach isn't a short trip. >_>

He just likes to brag. I swear he's mentioned going to e3 at least 30 times in this thread.

The reason I mention it is because I really don't know if I should take the opportunity or not.

It's really stressing me out,And I really need someone elses opinion on this.I try to say things with a positiva attitude,but my hopes just get shot down knowing that i'm gonna' be screwed over if I do this.

trollhammer101

Smash Cadet
dude
just do it
alot of good games are coming out this year
i'm sure their going to reveal alot at E3
i mean
brawl
halo 3
metal gear solid 4
i'd go knowing the circumstances

Oh,about the invite thing.It was from when I previously worked at GameStop for about 7 months,but I got layed off for about 3 months.I'm technically still within their system as a registered worker,but I don't have any hours(planning on going back soon).

Anyway,I got this packet in the mail in April about E3 and it was for my registration.It said I was able to go because I worked in Q & A(Game testing) Even though I didn't.I was simply an employee.

That's how I got it.

When I think about it,there was a Q & A thing I signed up for when I went to E3 last year.It was for square-enix.It mostly involved me playing Final Fantasy XII.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The only possible solution:

Find Brawl fanatics near you and have them sponsor you.

Or find money another way.
Simply going is not an option.
Surviving is kinda more important than getting Brawl news first.

The only possible solution:

Find Brawl fanatics near you and have them sponsor you.

Or find money another way.
Simply going is not an option.
Surviving is kinda more important than getting Brawl news first.
True.

Not to mention with the money I spend I can FULLY pay off those games for reservation.

If things turn out for the better(I doubt they will) I'll go.If not,I guess I can have someone go in my place(My friend Raul who went with me for the last 2 years).

Did I mention that I need to buy a Digital Camera(My last one got stollen,it as 400$.I was also planning on uploading the video stuff on youtube).

Blackadder

Smash Master
You're in a pretty tight situation...
It may not be a great idea to go if you can't afford it.
I'm a Brawl fanatic, but you have to remember.
Its just a game?
*runs from mob of fanboys*

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
The reason I mention it is because I really don't know if I should take the opportunity or not.

It's really stressing me out,And I really need someone elses opinion on this.I try to say things with a positiva attitude,but my hopes just get shot down knowing that i'm gonna' be screwed over if I do this.
You want my honest opinion? I'd go. I understand being strapped for cash sucks, but it is only once a year, and I have discovered that you can recover from almost anything (except maybe sudden death syndrome :p) and being broke is one of those things you can beat (speaking from experience here, I'm afraid ^^u). I'm of course known for being a bit too carefree, so take that with a grain of salt if you wish, but that's what I think.

Anyway, at least try. I'm sure you can minimize expenses some way or the other (cheap food, middle-low-quality hotel, etc, etc) and we'd thank firsthand info. So much I'd probably be willing to shell out a few euros to help, even, even though this month hasn't been exactly productive for me. Hey, you caould make a bit of a "info fund". If you want firsthand brawl info by EPF, give a few bucks to the cause!. XDD. Who knows, might work. If some of the boarders are willing to shell 4-5 bucks each, (which is nothing) I'm pretty certain we could amass more than enough to cover at least travel and hotel expenses.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Dude, you should find a Smasher that lives in Santa Monica and ask if you can spend the night at their house. Bam, that's alot of money saved.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

I would accept the money for financial reasons,but I feel guilty about it because I really don't know if they will have a playable demo or not(Even though it is likely).I'm greatful for all of the suggestions and help,but I really don't want to be a burden on anyone,and I would feel obligated to return the money if they didn't have a playable brawl demo.

But the one thing I can do is make a few cash cut backs which could help me out.Finding someone in Santa Monica to crash with may be slightly difficult but i'll see what I can do.The only thing is if I go to E3 i'll miss OC3,something I have been wanting to go to for the past 5 months.I can go to E3,but not to OC3 and vise versa.

Thanks for the help everyone.I'll see what I can do.:)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
lol on mythbusters they determined if you draft up about 50-100 feet behind an 18 wheel truck, you increase your fuel efficiency by roughly 70 percent. Follow a truck straight into the parking area at E3 and your set XD

Blackadder

Smash Master
If theres a playable demo at E3 of brawl...
I envy those who get a taste of the game long before us...
So, do we have an idea of how much knowlege E3 will deliver to us?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Best stage update so far. We're gonna get lots of great-looking stages at this rate.

@Eternal Phoenix Fire:

Go only if you know things won't be a problem. There may not even be a Smash Bros Brawl demo. It's best to find out if the game will show up in E-3 or not.

Best stage update so far. We're gonna get lots of great-looking stages at this rate.

@Eternal Phoenix Fire:

Go only if you know things won't be a problem. There may not even be a Smash Bros Brawl demo. It's best to find out if the game will show up in E-3 or not.
True.If there is,more than likely i'll go the day after it's revealed.

@ Blackladder,don't say FAR away...it'll come out after the next 5 months of so after E3(That really isn't that long of a wait).

Even if I didn't get to play it,I wouldn't care because I would get to see videos and stuff.Not to mention it might take the xitement away from me.When I played Advance Wars Dual Strike at E3 05 I loved it,but I wasn't thata exited about it for a while until I got it.I want to feel the hype,but on the inside I want to play it as well.

But I can still wait.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Who cares what attacks the characters are doing?

This is the best update yet.

That comment must be taken in with the knowledge that I'm like a little school girl when it comes to Star Fox. I'm so giddy. This stage is going to ****ing rock the house. hellz yeah. Can't wait to fight in Meteo and the Cornerian atmosphere.

Also, on the note that Fanewgie made: I was actually just at a Smashfest today, and I was watching the finals match of a tournament we had... but I wasn't watching the final's match, I was watching the background of FD (the stage they were playing on). It amazed me... FD is easily the most played stage, but when I focused on the background and not the stage and characters, I saw things I hadn't ever noticed before. Sad, really.
Did you know the stage actually rumbles/shakes when the background changes to the landscape/clouds thing and vice versa? Alot of people don't know that...

burrito

Smash Lord
So, they decided to make up a random new spacecraft for this level? Interesting.

I like how the ship burns up when entering the atmosphere and the "epic space battle".

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
This stage is pretty awesome. If you look through the different pictures, you can see pit, meta, and wario doing some of their aerial moves. Meta's looks amazingly similar to Marths fair IMO

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Did you see that gliding move that Pit was doing in this picture

and i wonder if the gravity will change once you go through Corneria's atmosphere.

And link looks spastic -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom