• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying easter egg because it's the closest thing it can come close to.

Switching the language isn't really considered an easter egg,just an option.

What can I say in place of easter egg then?
i was meaning because if u look at the trophy room while on english and japanese, it changes. while in japanese mode it has things like a famicom, super famicom, smash 64 *** box art, and a virtual boy.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Anyone think durin' the space battles fase of that stage, you'll have to doge crossfire?
That would be a nice touch.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Notice how the middle top platform can change in height similar to the platforms in Fountain of Dreams.

The 3rd picture is interesting, Meta-Knights Fair seems cool, what do you guys think about it?

What is Pit doing? It really looks like he's flying...

Notice how the middle top platform can change in height similar to the platforms in Fountain of Dreams.

The 3rd picture is interesting, Meta-Knights Fair seems cool, what do you guys think about it?

That's Pit's Fair.

That belly flop...hmm.Either he's falling or that's his Dair.I think that head drop is his Dair though.:dizzy:

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman

I don't notice it changing...
I just think it's the different angle's messing with you.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
nice update. anybody notice how the old school arwings are back (like the ones in SF64) and not the goofy ones from assault? +1 for brawl in my book.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm only interested in the affects the diffrent fazes of the stage will have on it.
Like the astroid field could be absoloutly FRANTIC.
But they have said they want to slow the game down...I'm dissapointed in that idea.
But it could still be GREAT to doge incoming astroids!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord

I'm not seeing any difference in the middle one just different angles

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is looking more and more fabulous by the week day ;)
Now I have a reason to wake up early each morning (if I miss the debut).
Too late for my taste, however. Good night everyone.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I hate how Link's sword glows in every single screenshot now. It was a cute effect at first, but I think it's becoming overkill.

Ironically enough, it's NOT glowing in the Triforce Slash screenshots...

Lylat looks amazing though, and it's exactly what I'm looking for in the Brawl stages... beautiful and really in the theme, yet not at all gimmicky. Half of the locales in Melee never get to be seen because of poor stage design, and it looks like they're really making an effort to fix it in Brawl. I <3 it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Niiiice...
I was, for once, really amazed by a screenshot ( the one with the meteors ), and I seriously laughed about one of the comments now.
"I suggest you don't worry about it too much." :p

B)Not having it cancelable would make the move very hard to get out of.It doesn't seem fair if yopu could escape a move if you weren't even using it.A few character have a move that they can cancel someway(such as Samus with her missles and Shiek with her needles).You're pretty much glued to the ground when you activate it,and ending it also has lag to it.
I find it unfair that Bowser can't cancel his FSmash.

And your "easter egg" point makes no sense. Of course the developers know about us, and if we're the only ones abusing the shine, that only gives Sakurai more incentive to change it, since he will hardly piss off casual players and makes the game more balanced like he wants to.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Who cares what attacks the characters are doing?

This is the best update yet.

That comment must be taken in with the knowledge that I'm like a little school girl when it comes to Star Fox. I'm so giddy. This stage is going to ****ing rock the house. hellz yeah. Can't wait to fight in Meteo and the Cornerian atmosphere.

Also, on the note that Fanewgie made: I was actually just at a Smashfest today, and I was watching the finals match of a tournament we had... but I wasn't watching the final's match, I was watching the background of FD (the stage they were playing on). It amazed me... FD is easily the most played stage, but when I focused on the background and not the stage and characters, I saw things I hadn't ever noticed before. Sad, really.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I hope there aren't too many floating-platforms-fly-around type stages. It's all fine, but if there's nothing separating your stages besides the fact that you get periodically bombarded with something, what's the point?
Visuals. Plus you'll probably be to busy smashing to really care.

Akuryou

Smash Cadet
It looks like it'd make a nice competitive stage, but chance are that the arwings will go after you, as usual, and ruin that.

Thores

Smash Rookie
Great update.

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but so far we've been getting a stage update on the site roughly every ten days. Take that information however you like!

Akuryou

Smash Cadet
You dislike the arwings?
I enjoy them when I'm just having fun, but it'll probably get banned as a competitive stage if they do shoot you, which would be disappointing. It looks like it has potential.

(on a side note, it'd be nice if Brawl had an option to disable the special effects of stages, for more variety in the ones that can see competitive use)

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Very nice stage. Simple and small, but with a background that makes it seem epic and huge at the same time. And graphics are immense, who says that the Wii is only two GC's duct taped together now?!?
Hopefully this'll be the best Starfox stage since the Great Fox in the original.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yes, I would like that.
It would keep people happy that dislike some effects.
I know i'd like to turn of the day-night cycle on the Battlefield stage.
I find it may annoy me.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
This stage makes me think of the space clash from Serenity. Everything that has something in common with Serenity is automatically the best thing ever.

Gah only three weeks left for minE3

E3 should bring a wealth of new, interesting news on Brawl.
Should be good.
You going?

It's invitation only,and unfortunately,I have an invitation,but I don't know if I want to go yet because of all the expensis(I do live in California).

I also need money for OC3.But I promised that I would report brawl info if I can.I don't know what to do.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
It's invitation only,and unfortunately,I have an invitation,but I don't know if I want to go yet because of all the expensis(I do live in California).

I also need money for OC3.But I promised that I would report brawl info if I can.I don't know what to do.
We should have a charity event, we could call it EPH aid;)
If its too expensive don't go, we won't think any less of you for not going. Besides we don 't know what will be revealed or whether Brawl will be playable or not.
Of course, if you do go and its playable, you'll have had the honour of being the first Smash Boarder to have played the game, and thats some privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom