• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He also hasn't touched on Meta-knight much. I wouldn't be surprised if Meta was the last newcomer to be revealed :ohwell:

Hey, the last 7 updates were character updates! Do you think he's going to continue because of the long streak of character updates?
How is Crates and barrels a character update?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
man today's update kinda sucked. we all know the moves from melee will carry over. the only information i found cool was the little dangling thing is fox's reflector, which i kinda guessed already. we really don't need veteran's moveset cause we know it already. why couldn't he have shown the rest of Pit's moveset?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
He also hasn't touched on Meta-knight much. I wouldn't be surprised if Meta was the last newcomer to be revealed :ohwell:

How is Crates and barrels a character update?
Wait, ooops, i forgot that it only updates on weekdays, and i went down the front page and saw all of them were character information.

@Colbusman
They will post the special moves of the veterans, one reason is because today they just did... and they want the new players to learn more about them.

Sheep88

Smash Cadet
man today's update kinda sucked. we all know the moves from melee will carry over. the only information i found cool was the little dangling thing is fox's reflector, which i kinda guessed already. we really don't need veteran's moveset cause we know it already. why couldn't he have shown the rest of Pit's moveset?
No, we don't know...until it is official.

They could do tremendous changes to characters you wouldn't expect so don't be so arrogant FFS.

Patience is a masterful skill.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i know they have to give out special moves for veterans because there will be new people to the franchise, but don't you think they could of done this SOONER?! i mean way back when MARIO was introduced?!

i'm still sticking by this, i think today's update was the worst and a huge dissapointment

Sheep88

Smash Cadet
Graphics

Guys, have anyone thought of the shine graphics?

I mean, remember Melee... his shine looked like a gamecube sign. When checked with Start and moving around, they sign didn't feel 3D style. Only a 2D wierd gamecube sign.

I had always wondered that, but seems it remains the same but more graphical.

What do you think?? I would've loved a one that surrouds him completely to feel it 3D.

Discuss.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
My God. This screenshot almost ripped a hole through my pants.

Can someone with Photoshop Skills enlarge that and make it clean looking to use as a background? That'd be amazing.

~Dac

Guys, have anyone thought of the shine graphics?

I mean, remember Melee... his shine looked like a gamecube sign. When checked with Start and moving around, they sign didn't feel 3D style. Only a 2D wierd gamecube sign.

I had always wondered that, but seems it remains the same but more graphical.

What do you think?? I would've loved a one that surrouds him completely to feel it 3D.

Discuss.

I like the shine as it is.It's just one of the querks(Spell check?)of smash.

I would laugh hystarically if the shine's hit box extended to the blue aura that is omitted from the reflector.

It would be cool to have a sig of that.It could say:

I'm gonna' shine you blind in brawl.

XD

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Lol, true but I corrected as soon as I saw it.

English is also a masterful skill dude.. cuz i'm a spanish guy. :laugh:

oh well, experts say spanish is the hardest to learn..
Oh sorry, when i though of the joke i thought it was funny. Even without you telling me you were spanish, i kind of thought it was mean.

Back on topic, would you guys rather have Sakurai post the release date tommorow, or the roster, if he was willing to do something like that.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol make a cube of shines (Or a hexagon or octagon or something) of shines around fox... that would be 3D.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Lol my experts say Spanish is pretty easy to learn...
Since when spelling/language was a problem in this topic anyhow? :confused: If it was,Iam sure the mods would on it like flies on **** by now...

Anyway,whats the deal with shine? Is Fox still gonna get away with the same BS with it in Brawl? Hopes it doesnt hit the person at all in this game,cuz Iam not in the mood to see Melee 1.5 after all the good things thats been shown up to date.Maybe since the device is lower on Fox this time around,it may be slowed down a bit due to him having to reach it,rather than what he did in Melee.

Fox:...SHINE!! WHAT!??? OH COME ON!
Mario:Mama me ya Fox,here we go!!!! SHINE GET!
:chuckle:

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
two things i see about the shine...1) it seems that fox has lifted his legs up to use it wich could just be the pic and ... 2) it says "Take it out to initiate the Reflector!" which seems to me that it will have starting lag if he needs to actually take it off his belt to use it.
what do u guys think?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
It might have a very slight start up lag time, just so moves like infinite shine would be impossible. I would imagine that the wave shine will still be possible, but Sakurai might be trying to eliminate that as well.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
well if they run and gun then they would need to change their guns to the Left and Right b moves but obviously they haven't so how are they gonna do this?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
That is a good point there Lego. Does Fox or Zamus have to keep there gun out in anyway before use. If that is so, then that is self explanitory but if not, I don't see it happening.

Stryks

Smash Hero
"Take it out to initiate the Reflector!"
This could mean nothing, or it could mean some initial lag like somone mentioned, which I hope so, they need to nerf fox and the shine, Im betting the shine wont be cancelable this time around, same effect/knockbac whatever but u cant cancel it like in melee, it would make it more useles....

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe they should change it so it doubles the damage and knock back of physical attacks so it can have some drawbacks for close combat.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Guys, why keep calling Fiox and the shine broken?, yes, they were very, very good in melee... top tier actually, and the broken allowed for kills at very low percentagesand stuff... but it still wasnt broken... something broken is something so bad that it needs to be banned, something so bad that it makes the game unable to be competitive because just by using that character/move/strategy you win...

Fox is very good char, shine is an awesome move, but non of them are broken, as i said, something being broken makes the game almost unplayable, which isnt the case with melee, plz think about that when calling something as broken :)

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Guys, why keep calling Fiox and the shine broken?, yes, they were very, very good in melee... top tier actually, and the broken allowed for kills at very low percentagesand stuff... but it still wasnt broken... something broken is something so bad that it needs to be banned, something so bad that it makes the game unable to be competitive because just by using that character/move/strategy you win...

Fox is very good char, shine is an awesome move, but non of them are broken, as i said, something being broken makes the game almost unplayable, which isnt the case with melee, plz think about that when calling something as broken :)
ok srry! but just becuz no one yet has gotten to the point of 95-100% accurate at waveshine and shine spiking doesnt mean it's never gunna happen

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
This update was kind of disappointing, I mean, I feel shafted that they couldn't give us all four moves of a VETERANS. Newcomers I can understand two, but a veteran? Come on... Anyway, I did manage to find some light in it:

1.) Probably the most noticable by viewers, the talk of the reflector and "just take it out to initiate". Could this just be Sakurai's natural vagueness, some poor translation, or did they maybe add a slight delay to Fox's reflector?

2.) It's clear that Zero Suit Samus has some kind of regular blaster B attack.

3.) Even though it's been noted that Mario's moves have been tweaked back to SSB64 (as in the second trailer) it seems that they decided to keep Fox's blaster the same as Melee's. Is this the only thing they kept, or are they leaving him unchanged in general from Melee's make?

Only time (and Sakurai's unpredictability) will tell.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I guess then they should make the shine broken in Brawl so the game freezes when you attempt to drillshine.

Move is broken already, end of discussion.

I'm firmly convinced that only Samus shall be the one truly shiny character.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
This update was kind of disappointing, I mean, I feel shafted that they couldn't give us all four moves of a VETERANS. Newcomers I can understand two, but a veteran? Come on... Anyway, I did manage to find some light in it:

1.) Probably the most noticable by viewers, the talk of the reflector and "just take it out to initiate". Could this just be Sakurai's natural vagueness, some poor translation, or did they maybe add a slight delay to Fox's reflector?

2.) It's clear that Zero Suit Samus has some kind of regular blaster B attack.

3.) Even though it's been noted that Mario's moves have been tweaked back to SSB64 (as in the second trailer) it seems that they decided to keep Fox's blaster the same as Melee's. Is this the only thing they kept, or are they leaving him unchanged in general from Melee's make?

Only time (and Sakurai's unpredictability) will tell.
if u look at foxes profile u can see his illusion and firefox in images so we already know all his b moves and all of them are the same

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually aryman, all of his B moves ARE intact, sure they ay have diferent effect (especially shine) but overall theyre the same moves...

And the best part of this update is seeing zamus in action :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom