• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Fox's shine arguably needs to be nerfed some how. A delay would probably work because then waveshinig would probably be near impossible to execute.

Also for run and gun, couldn't you start shooting first, and THEN move in a direction? This would make more sense and keep the forward special untouched.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Appreciate the updates, for the love of god. This update rocks. Now we know fox will **** heavy characters again..

IF he can jump out of and it is in 3 frames.
How do we know the reflector even hurts the opponent this time around? They could just say "Hey,its a reflector,and its ONLY gonna do what the name implies,reflect ****"That alone would be good enough to tone Fox down. :laugh:

But yeah,like I said earlier,the shine would be slowed if Fox has to reach down to the belt,conflicting with his frame time and such as Soild stated.Cuz theres no way in holy hell them dudes at Nintendo dont know about shine.

And about Run and Gun.Couldnt they just give Fox a "B"charge input? As long as he held B,he can move around but has to keep shooting?Thats the only way I see them doing it.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
How do we know the reflector even hurts the opponent this time around? They could just say "Hey,its a reflector,and its ONLY gonna do what the name implies,reflect ****"That alone would be good enough to tone Fox down. :laugh:
Let's just hope that doesn't happen :(

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I would be pleased if they just made it not jump cancellable. That would stop all of the shine infinites and it would still be able to be used as a spike to edgeguard. But also let him be able to lower it without reflected hit lag. You can trap a Fox and stall a match by (you have to be fox yourself) mashing B when your opponents shield goes up and not missing a shot. This works against fox, falco, and ness. This reflection/absobtion lag should be removed.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I wonder what items from MGS will be carried over.

Any of you lot know any that could be?
Well got the robot mouse from MG2 (it's a computer mouse that runs around till it explodes), a cloaking device, mines (this time from the MGS series), a small Metal Gear, cigarettes (j/k), rations (used the same way as Melee food), and a headband that gives you infinite ammo.

They won't put guns in, AFAIK.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
When I saw that I kind imagined being the shine device, seeing how its the same shape, and the center being the color of the shine and all...
Yeah that had crossed my mind as well, I was just too preoccupied, thinking how entertaining it would be to see peoples reaction to a shineless Fox.

@ce

Smash Apprentice
shoot i thot it was mine too at first. then my second idea was that it was the reflector. kinda wished it was the mine tho. i rather lose the shine and get a mine since the shine is nerfed

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
^^
Are you serious?
Yes i am, ever played a real broken game? Something BROKEN is MvC2 where if u dont use Magneto and Storm u loose, end of story, something broken is steve and Nina from tekken 5.0, Fox and his shine are not broken in smash, if they were, only Fox players would win all tournaments, and pros would ONLY be Fox, cuz thats the definition of broken...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well seeing how Fox is high on the tier list, more than half the smasher I knwo are fox players, and everyone uses the shine, gotta say yeah, fox aint broken, and maybe not the shine, but its sure overpowered...

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Well seeing how Fox is high on the tier list, more than half the smasher I knwo are fox players, and everyone uses the shine, gotta say yeah, fox aint broken, and maybe not the shine, but its sure overpowered...
Exactly, im so glad some1 understands where im coming from :), good stuff

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
and pros would ONLY be Fox, cuz thats the definition of broken...
If it was broken you wouldn't need to be a pro. :)

Fox's reflector is only "broken" in the hands of a Fox master. I'm terrible with Fox, I could pick him up and do absolutely nothing useful with it.

Honestly, I think Marth's reach is more broken than Fox's reflector. I've seen complete newbies to the series pick up Marth and be able to win because they can just spam the C-stick towards their enemies and win from the furthest distance away.

"Take it out to initiate the Reflector!"
This could mean nothing, or it could mean some initial lag like somone mentioned, which I hope so, they need to nerf fox and the shine, Im betting the shine wont be cancelable this time around, same effect/knockbac whatever but u cant cancel it like in melee, it would make it more useles....
Shine can break=/=Shield

With no projectile contact,you can jump out=/=Shield

Shine=/=Second Shield.

As long as it's treated like a shield,it will remain Jump Cancelable,because having it land cancelable is ineffective and could ruin the use of the reflector when coming in contact with the ground.

Why Sakurai wake the move more useless just because we want it nerfed.There is little to no chance that the reflector will be altered because of how it's used in our community.Just think about it,what did you think of the shine before coming to smashboards?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ooh, the second pic kinda looks like Fox takes the thing from his waist to activate the Reflector. Teeny bit of startup lag anyone? I wouldnt be sad if it meant that.

Fox does seem on his way to nerfdom. Even in the second trailer, you can see that he doesnt fall so fast anymore (when he back jumps onto the top platform), which would upset a few of his quick combos. And if Sakurai and crew played Fox against characters like Kirby or Ness when upgrading from Melee...
They said they were going to alter the speed of smash, to give more time for ariel combat. I guess the game speed is slower when they say brawl will be at a more moderate pace.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Huh...i didn't realize that this whole week has been dedicated purely to the characters section, at least so far.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Shine can break=/=Shield

With no projectile contact,you can jump out=/=Shield

Shine=/=Second Shield.

As long as it's treated like a shield,it will remain Jump Cancelable,because having it land cancelable is ineffective and could ruin the use of the reflector when coming in contact with the ground.

Why Sakurai wake the move more useless just because we want it nerfed.There is little to no chance that the reflector will be altered because of how it's used in our community.Just think about it,what did you think of the shine before coming to smashboards?
Are u by any chance a fox user??

anyway, the shine is gonna get nerfed either way, u would thinks Sakurai would know about the shines cheapness after 6 years since melee was released, being his game and all...

the shine will either:

a) have lag @ the beggining
b) wont be cancelable
or
c) wont stun/ have knockback

posting on the wii BTW :p

Are u by any chance a fox user??

anyway, the shine is gonna get nerfed either way, u would thinks Sakurai would know about the shines cheapness after 6 years since melee was released, being his game and all...

the shine will either:

a) have lag @ the beggining
b) wont be cancelable
or
c) wont stun/ have knockback

posting on the wii BTW :p
The primary modifications to the shine would only go towards the reflector.The knockback from the reflector is nothing but an easter egg.Besides,the shine isn't the only thing that makes Fox deadly.Sure he has Waveshines and other techniques,but that crap only works on characters who don't fall from the shine.

Also,the suggstions made would make the reflector a wasted move:

A) Having lag on the start would make it hard to use for suprise tactics.The use of it would be pointless.Also,why would he change it after two games when it really didn't do much to begin with?

B)Not having it cancelable would make the move very hard to get out of.It doesn't seem fair if yopu could escape a move if you weren't even using it.A few character have a move that they can cancel someway(such as Samus with her missles and Shiek with her needles).You're pretty much glued to the ground when you activate it,and ending it also has lag to it.

C)Why wouldn't it have knockback? It's an easter egg for the character.Alot of characters have one:

-Luigi's taunt attack
-Mario & Doc's Cape turn around(You can still do that in brawl as well)
-Luigi's Mis-fire
-Young Link's Dair sweet spot
-Link & Samus's Hook shot grapple

And Fox has his shine.The shine was put in the game intentionally as they ment it to inflict minor damage.There really is no point in nerfing the shine because of a few trivial uses of it,which are only relevant to this community(Which is hardly acknowledged by any game companies.I know Nintendo Power had an article on SmashBoards,but that doesn't do justice).Even if the shine was nerfed,you're still going to have a problem with Fox.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Toasty! wants to say we'll get a new stage, or a new item.
yes plz

I'm really dying to see a new stage :( And really hoping it's a NEW new one, one that hasn't been previously revealed. Stages like the Halberd won't excite me unless we get some music with it... the Fire Emblem stage might be nice to know if it's two stages or one.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
The primary modifications to the shine would only go towards the reflector.The knockback from the reflector is nothing but an easter egg.Besides,the shine isn't the only thing that makes Fox deadly.Sure he has Waveshines and other techniques,but that crap only works on characters who don't fall from the shine.

Also,the suggstions made would make the reflector a wasted move:

A) Having lag on the start would make it hard to use for suprise tactics.The use of it would be pointless.Also,why would he change it after two games when it really didn't do much to begin with?

B)Not having it cancelable would make the move very hard to get out of.It doesn't seem fair if yopu could escape a move if you weren't even using it.A few character have a move that they can cancel someway(such as Samus with her missles and Shiek with her needles).You're pretty much glued to the ground when you activate it,and ending it also has lag to it.

C)Why wouldn't it have knockback? It's an easter egg for the character.Alot of characters have one:

-Luigi's taunt attack
-Mario & Doc's Cape turn around(You can still do that in brawl as well)
-Luigi's Mis-fire
-Young Link's Dair sweet spot
-Link & Samus's Hook shot grapple

And Fox has his shine.The shine was put in the game intentionally as they ment it to inflict minor damage.There really is no point in nerfing the shine because of a few trivial uses of it,which are only relevant to this community(Which is hardly acknowledged by any game companies.I know Nintendo Power had an article on SmashBoards,but that doesn't do justice).Even if the shine was nerfed,you're still going to have a problem with Fox.
Easter egg? what are you talking about? do you even know what easter eggs in games are? hint: not luigi's taunt, the cape, misfire, or any of that stuff. an easter egg in brawl would be something more along the lines of switching the language in the menu and seeing the systems change in the trophy room, such as the virtual boy in the back.

Easter egg? what are you talking about? do you even know what easter eggs in games are? hint: not luigi's taunt, the cape, misfire, or any of that stuff. an easter egg in brawl would be something more along the lines of switching the language in the menu and seeing the systems change in the trophy room, such as the virtual boy in the back.
I'm saying easter egg because it's the closest thing it can come close to.

Switching the language isn't really considered an easter egg,just an option.

What can I say in place of easter egg then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom