• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
We'll probably learn about everything in the game from the start (the non-unlockable stuff). Maybe a couple secret characters and most of the 3rd party characters. Actually...we only know about the default multiplayer mode, really...So we may learn about the single player and any gimmicks like trophies or whatever. At least that's what I think. At the very least it'll be the complete starting roster and their stages.

NMOR

Smash Rookie
Hey, I think I know what Wario's recovery move is. It's basically ^B move, but fart moved. It seems plausible, no?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The E3 date is the 10th (or 11th) for Nintendo's one and fart propulsion lol (Fart projectile attacks as well?).

Fawriel

Smash Master
No mention of "taking it out" in the German version...

Please don't make him broken, please don't make him broken, please don't make him broken, please don't make him broken, please don't make him broken...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Aw man, why'd he have to update Fox today? Now the whole discussion is just going to revolve around the shine. Personally, I hope it gets nerfed so all of the top tier hoes can move on to the next broken character instead of making Fox seem like the only character in the game worth playing.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If fox is the only character worth playing then who the hell are Marth , sheik and the rest of those lot!?

(That screen of fox with his gun is great isn't it?)

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Aw man, why'd he have to update Fox today? Now the whole discussion is just going to revolve around the shine. Personally, I hope it gets nerfed so all of the top tier hoes can move on to the next broken character instead of making Fox seem like the only character in the game worth playing.
I think it's more the fact that Fox (among a few others) has a very high winning potential, that makes him "worth playing" more than other characters.
I know quite a few Fox players, and all of them say that they wish they were more dedicated to a much more fun and enjoyable character.
Also, I think that everyone -the largest Fox hater to the largest Fox lover- will die a little on the inside to hear that Fox's shine has indeed been nerfed, that Fox is not what he was in Melee, and it's that which we are anticipating.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
@ Lego: I said "making Fox seem like the only character worth playing", it'd be hypocritical for me to say that Fox is the only character worth playing because I have like 10 mains, so I know how much the other characters have to offer.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i prefer the more middle weight characters myself (Mario,Link) because i suicide enough as them im like a self killing machine as anything faster XD

NG7

Smash Lord
Wooo!!! Fox's shine is extra shiny! Will it be extra broken? hehehe.........

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ooh, the second pic kinda looks like Fox takes the thing from his waist to activate the Reflector. Teeny bit of startup lag anyone? I wouldnt be sad if it meant that.

Fox does seem on his way to nerfdom. Even in the second trailer, you can see that he doesnt fall so fast anymore (when he back jumps onto the top platform), which would upset a few of his quick combos. And if Sakurai and crew played Fox against characters like Kirby or Ness when upgrading from Melee...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe he takes out his reflector while doing the move so there aint no lag and he actually uses the thing.

To be honest,i'm not looking that much forward to E3 besides Brawl.The main reasons I went the last couple of years is because of the booth babes,friends,tons of games,free stuff,loud noises,and the energetic announcers.But knowing that all of that is gone makes me feel somewhat sad.I can actually imagine a small E3,it's just about as big as the sub hall where they use to show games and game products(Even Yu-Gi-Oh cards for sell?) from smaller companies.It was about 1/4 the size and the noise of the main and east hall,and 1/4 the fun as well.

Not to mention I have to buy new cloths,try to book a hotel for a couple of days(Most of them are booked as it is,worse case scenario,I need to sleep in the car),pay for gas,and food expensis.Last time,I just had to take the 1 metro train to the L.A. convention center and back.

I don't know if this is going to be worth it,but I'll see what happens.But if I decide to go,I will definatly without a doubt report as much as possible.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea it was a sad day when E3 was made smaller... (This used to be one of the most exciting times of the year... ) Lets hope one day E3 will return to its former glory.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I pray E3 will bring us news on a new brawl character.
Just ONE at the very least.
I'd like Sonic, but I'm hardly desperate for him.
I want to see Ganondorf back, only with a twilight princess look, and actually
USING his sword. E3 could be a real turnover for Brawl revelations..

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and Ganondorf final smash would allow him to transform into Ganon... that would be prefect (Or trap them in a triforce of power like Links move and then attack as Ganon)

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LOL. I can see EPF going to E3 to play the Brawl demo.

He picks Fox and then some random dude from IGN or EGM picks Pit.

EPF drillshine infinites the crap out of him. 4stocking him in 45 seconds. :D

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he he yhea i can imagine the looks on the random guys face and then Sakurai comes and gets owned as well lol.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
From E3, I am at the most expecting some new characters to be revealed, a new trailer, a release date, plus playable demo's for those lucky journalists to tinker with. At the very least, we should get a video of in game footage and some new shots.
Nintendo are treating E3 as seriously as ever it seems. Lets hope this is when they 'drop the bomb'.

LOL. I can see EPF going to E3 to play the Brawl demo.

He picks Fox and then some random dude from IGN or EGM picks Pit.

EPF drillshine infinites the crap out of him. 4stocking him in 45 seconds. :D
He he he yhea i can imagine the looks on the random guys face and then Sakurai comes and gets owned as well lol.

Lol. XD XD XD XD XD XD

Too good,simply too good.

So far,I estimated atleast spending 400$ for all of the expensis just now.O_O

Jesus christ.....I'm starting to re-think this.I wonder if I can have someone go in my place with my invitation?But I don't want to let anyone down though.Perhasp I should just go myself.Man...what the hell am I gonna' do? =(

I also forgot that i'm going to need 100$ for OC3 after E3.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Not exactly the update I hoped for but at least we know Fox uses gadgets for his B moves and Zamus has a blaster for her B move (I'm sure everyone knew that).

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
It would be awesome if at E3, Sakurai got Ken or some other pro smasher to play on stage, only to viciously **** THE CRAP out of the pro.

Sakurai's too good. TOO GOOD. :laugh:

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Uhm excuse me, he was the one that developed the game. I take that as a big advantage over us XD

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
So whats with the new blaster. It says that opponents wont flinch, but that it is good for stealing kills, and has rapid fire ability...So what does this change/mean? Is it basically the same blaster, but you can steal kills with it? Kinda confused here

NukeA6

Smash Master
I was dissapointed, tommorrows better be good... *c.o.c.k.s shotgun*
That just proves how unpredictable Sakurai is in updates. Is it any wonder why he surprised us in Melee with Mr. Game and Watch and Giga Bowser.

I just wish he confirmed Ridley and explained the Zamus transformation.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So whats with the new blaster. It says that opponents wont flinch, but that it is good for stealing kills, and has rapid fire ability...So what does this change/mean? Is it basically the same blaster, but you can steal kills with it? Kinda confused here
It's same stuff you can pull off in Melee. Before someone goes off stage, shoot and the KO is yours.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Hey, the last 5 updates were character updates! Do you think he's going to continue because of the long streak of character updates? Possibly he's trying to get to new news as fast as he can... starting with knocking out the large amount of posts left in the character section.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Kirby has surprisingly got little coverage even though you would expect him to cover that the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom