• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Got ya. Man, now I'm excited. Release date maybe?

By the way, on IGN it says that Brawl will be released in September 2007 in Europe and in December 2007 in Japan. Is that correct? Why is it being released in Europe first?
You can't spell ignorance without IGN;)
I'd be very, VERY surprised if Europe gets it first. We always come last in the Nintendo pecking order (we're stil waiting for Super Paper Mario), and seeing as the Japanese go utterly mental for Smash it looks even less likely than normal.
Although, it would be wonderful surprise if it were true *sighs*

SnareRush

Big Loada
Well, we (Europe) did randomly get Mario Strikers on Wii before the US (don't know about Japan), but I really can't see that happening with Brawl. Before the end of the year is all we've got to go on.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the game going to be released in Japan and US first? And then released to other countries soon after? That's how it's always worked I thought.

~rh

Smash Lord
^

I think so. Thats how everything worked with the exception of the release of the Wii last year, which came here [US] first then Japan 1 or 2 weeks later.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure Brawl will be released in japan and the US on the same day, the game is like the biggest in Nintendos arsenal, and If one country gets it 1st (Japan or US) theyll just spoil the surprise be revealing the characters, stages and stuff, obcourse unless sakurai reveals all of that himself...

SnareRush

Big Loada
Isn't the game going to be released in Japan and US first? And then released to other countries soon after? That's how it's always worked I thought.
Ye, almost definitely. That was just wishful thinking from us Europeans ^^
It seems plausible that it'll be released around the holiday season in the US, then maybe a few weeks after in Europe (that might be wishful thinking again though :p)

Edit: Stryks, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that all the characters were going to be revealed before launch, I might be wrong though.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Ye, almost definitely. That was just wishful thinking from us Europeans ^^
It seems plausible that it'll be released around the holiday season in the US, then maybe a few weeks after in Europe (that might be wishful thinking again though :p)

Edit: Stryks, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that all the characters were going to be revealed before launch, I might be wrong though.
Revealed before the launch?
Please no. I want to figure out this game for myself this time :p
I got Melee a year late, and instantly went online to get cheats, and get all the info.
That sort of ruined the game experience.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually I heard that too, a few days after the 1st trailer was revealed, Yeah sakurai said that with the internet ruining the fun and stuff like that, sakurai would rather reveal the character himself, with screenshots and stuff and make it more exciting than just going to IGN and cheking out the cheats...

SnareRush

Big Loada
Revealed before the launch?
Please no. I want to figure out this game for myself this time :p
I got Melee a year late, and instantly went online to get cheats, and get all the info.
That sort of ruined the game experience.
Well I guess you'll just have to stop checking the Smash Bros. Dojo (and these boards most likely)......good luck trying to keep away :p

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hmm. I keep trying to post but it won't let me...

Hmm. People seem to be speculating on the "It’s rumored that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see." I thought it seemed kind of obvious as to what he meant. Here we go.
"It's rumored that Wario's fighting style will be similar to Mr. Game and Watch's in that it cuts out certain animation frames, making his attacks invisible sort of."
If you watch the Nintendo World movie, you can see that indeed, he spazzes out G&W style.

(though, I guess having a bunch of gas attacks being invisible martial arts makes sense too... sort of.)

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
I'd quite like to find out whose going to be in Brawl before the game is released. I mean it isn't a game that can really be spoilt in the same way Zelda (for example) can be. Besides, if I don't know whose in it, how do I figure out how to unlock them?

On the downside mind, it could lead to bigger disappointments. I still remember reading Ganondorfs name on a list of secret characters in Melee and thinking 'ooooooh yeeeeaaaahh' (exactly like that), and when I found out he was a C Falcon clone, it was a huge disappointment.

Probably will be more of an issue for Americans than us Europeans. Seeing as you'll probably get it a few weeks before us (if not more), you'll have plenty of time to spoil it for us.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Hope no one forgot about the first character bio wario had where it basically stated that "his gas builds as the battle progresses".

****, I really hope tomorrow is his move set.

burrito

Smash Lord
I'Probably will be more of an issue for Americans than us Europeans. Seeing as you'll probably get it a few weeks before us (if not more), you'll have plenty of time to spoil it for us.
Don't worry the games going to be spoiled quite before it comes out in America. As soon as it comes out in Japan, the secret characters are going to be revealed all over the place. I might just stop going on the internet period then, until a unlock the characters in brawl...

Awww.. It's going to be such a hassle, but after I unlocked all the characters in Melee, whom I had all unlocked by looking at game guides, I decided that the next Smash Bros. game I play I would just unlock the characters myself. Then, the surprises will be a lot more awesome.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'd quite like to find out whose going to be in Brawl before the game is released. I mean it isn't a game that can really be spoilt in the same way Zelda (for example) can be. Besides, if I don't know whose in it, how do I figure out how to unlock them?
You can unlock them without knowing WHO it is...But you'd pretty much have to turn two deaf ears to the world to avoid finding out who the new characters are.

Personally, I think I'll see what the final roster is, but I don't want to read how to unlock characters. That way, I can just keep trying a bunch of different things to unlock characters, and once I get someone, I can figure out who it is based on what I know. Then again, I may just break down and get a Nintendo Power guide or something...:ohwell:

burrito

Smash Lord
I remember the first time I saw the silhouette for Mr. Game & Watch in melee for the "a challenger is approaching" thing. I didn't really get what the character came from or anything and that he was black an 2D. I was like WTF and imagined in my head a skinny little man with a huge nose, but then I saw that Mr. Game & Watch looked exactly like his silhouette. Hehe, I just thought that I would mention that.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Wario gets more amazing every time I see him.

His fighting style is so mind-blowing, you can't even see it!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
there has GOT to be an event match where you see who could eat more, Kirby or Wario. just food all across the stage, you pick one (or one is picked for you) and you just grab as much as you can. hillarity ensues!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Hopefully Wario is like Mr. Game and Watch: unpredicatable and full of surprises. Will he be the most unique character in Brawl? Maybe.

Snakz

Smash Ace
If Sakurai is really that unpredictable, we're probably going to get something like a new pokemon in the pokeballs or something like that

Rash

Smash Ace
I'm thinking in the next two days we'll get a new stage (Pit's or the Halberd) and more music. Of course, for insurance reasons, I'll also place my bets on the potential for a new item or another "how to play" update.

That all seems logical. But, as some have said, Sakurai is very unpredictable, and I wouldn't be surprised if what I was expecting didn't show up until later next week.

If anything, let's just hope that he continues to give us juicy information paired with nice screenshots.

Snakz

Smash Ace
If he REALLY wants to be unpredictable, he should post a notice with the release date for brawl:chuckle:

...*sigh*

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
If he REALLY wants to be unpredictable, he should post a notice with the release date for brawl:chuckle:

...*sigh*
I'd **** myself.

But probably what he would due when he releases the release date, it will revealed at the end of a video. That's exactly why we speculate that will happen at E3.

But if they release a video with a release date at the end tommorrow I'd **** in my brother's pants.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Wanna know what would really drives us up the wall?

If Sakurai said "Welcome smash fans around the world!!! Heres what you all been waiting for...the release date.Well,without futher a due,here it is!!! Drumrolls please!? ??/??/??. Oh? whats the questions marks you ask? well,starting every 7-10 weeks from now out,I will fill in a "?"with the correct number,starting from the number furthest to the right!! So,for example this weeks number is a no brainer."??/??/?7"STAY TUNED!"

:laugh: :laugh: This whole site would just blow the hell up. :laugh:

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai loves item updates. And veteran fighters updates. And any updates with info that we already know.
He just loves to juice up the info to the very last drop...

Blackadder

Smash Master
It'll be something we all already know; like an old item.
Something to piss us of.
Sakurai LOVES to keep us waiting.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
not long now

ughhh fox special moves. But atleast we see samus use her gun

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Nice update, even though iv speculized that being the deflector for a while, its nice to see confirmation that he has it. we also get to see zamus shoot her gun. it sounds like the blaster is the exact same as enemies dont flinch, and it has rapid fire.

if he has to "take out" his reflector, do you think it will be a slower move now no longer being a single frame, possibly messing up things like shine combos and waveshining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom