• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Wario seems pretty badass. Kinda reminds me of Luigi (especially the second screenshot) and Ganondorf.

He seems like he'll be a pretty unique and interesting character.

VA

Smash Hero
He can totally grow and shrink. It's so obvious now! Look at how tiny he is next to Kirby, SHRUNK form. Look at how big his head is! Grow Shrink Grow Shrink, totally Warios special kind of martial arts. Size altering powers! Just like the Avenger Yellowjacket/Goliath/Giantman.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Some of his moves look similar to other characters. The above post looks like Yoshi's Down + B move, and the move where he is about to eat Kirby, hmm... sounds like Yoshi's grab? Someone back me up here.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Nice update, I was waiting for a character bio that wasn't a veteran, for quite some time now. Kind of glad it was Wario too, I was really excited to see what his moves would be, now I have a little taste of the meal. And, lol @ him eating Kirby.

Who's the Chef now?

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice

The tables have now turned it seems!
Anyone taking bets on Wario becoming the craziest Samsh Bros character in creation?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Wario looks completly ********.
In an awsome, "I'm gonna be the badarse character" kinda way.
I REALLY just want to see a new character update though.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I think a perfect caption for the chasing Kirby picture would be "OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!"

Is Sakurai referring to Wario's lo-frame rate animations when he talks about the unpredictable martial arts, or is he talking about the possible biting, headbutting and otherwise brawly and chaotic movements we may see? I mean, in the trailer he used a pretty strange backwards headbutt, and he seems about ready to harm Kirby with his teeth in that picture.

On a different note: considering we have seen one Final Smash that wasn't shown in the trailer, how many will we see before July 11th? We now have Zamus, MK and Snake left for the newcomers, but every newcomer gets two updates! Since Wario's two special moves have not been shown, we still have seven updates for newcomers.

However, there are still ten Final Smashes to see, and since we've seen Pikachu's we can't count on only seeing Final Smashes seen in trailers... There are only 14 days left for updates (OMG min-E3 wants NAO!!!!) so I'm guessing we won't get Final Smashes for all characters.

I am also a bit confuzzled regarding why all veterans shown so far have been around the longest, i.e. since 64. Perhaps because they are the most iconic to the series.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
You see, I told ya all before. This isn't a Final Smash week. I even dare 2 speculate that he will never ever use an entire week for just one typical update. Like i said before, Sakurai is WAY 2 unpredictable at this one.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I must admit, these new updates can be pretty mixed.
Sometimes, they can be awful and dull, (I mean, crates? Didnt see that coming)
And other times awsome, But this Wario one....
Its just weird, lol.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
The Wario update is very cool. The screenshots are very neat. I think Wario will be a very fun character to play in the game.

The "invisible art" to me seems to be passing gas.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
lol..
Anyone here seen that forum on Wario copying peoples attacks?
I hope thats false.
It's called a thread. Also, interesting idea, but I doubt it. If they were gonna do something like that at the very best it would probably be one random character's moveset per game. Kind of like those copy characters in most 2D fighters such as Soul calibur and Tekken.

Again, I highly doubt it, and unlike most people, I'm not that interested in Wario. As a matter of fact, I'm interested in him least of all. Meh. It's just Wario.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wario farts in the face of everyone who thought this was Final Smash Week!

brb need to open the windows

Anyway, Wario looks... fun? I hope they don't make him TOO ridiculous.

Hmm, if the Wario Waft is a B move....

Final Smash: The Big Cheese!

Blackadder

Smash Master
It's called a thread. Also, interesting idea, but I doubt it. If they were gonna do something like that at the very best it would probably be one random character's moveset per game. Kind of like those copy characters in most 2D fighters such as Soul calibur and Tekken.

Again, I highly doubt it, and unlike most people, I'm not that interested in Wario. As a matter of fact, I'm interested in him least of all. Meh. It's just Wario.
I myself am actually far more interested in Metaknight.
Wario isnt the great to me either...
Neithers zamus.
Its Pit and Meta for me!
And there called threads? Sorry, I'm new. Still learning.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's cool man.

I agree, too. I really don't care for Wario.

Also, I too laugh at anyone who called this "Final Smash" week. Sakurai is too unpredictable, as I believe someone else before me stated, for that **** to go down. Though, the last four updates HAVE been character updates. I'm guessing the next update is Wario's B Moves.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yay, i'm glad they got wario out of the way now only the characters i'm most interested in left to reveal

burrito

Smash Lord
I love Wario, he's such a unique character.

Too popular, too important, too good.

What's wrong with the TP zelda turning into Shiek anyhow? It would be recognizing the new LoZ art-style, and paying ode to the original and classic Ocarina of Time. Just because Zelda might look like she does from TP doesn't exactly mean they have to shaft Shiek does it?

Seriously, why not?
Too good? It doesn't matter, many characters are going to be changed for brawl. Sheik might be completly nerfed if she gets in anyways. (Plus some people might call her broken)

Too important? No, Sheik is not important.

Too popular? Really? If you say so, but you are going to have to get ready for some change. Some characters are going to get booted out and Sheik is really an insignificant part of the Zelda franchise.

Besides, as I said, the transformation mechanic never worked very well, so there is no reason to keep it. It's overly complicated, you see.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I didn't feel it was overly complicated..
You just pressed DOWN B.
How more simple could you get?
Though I do agree it didn't work all that well, it was rather clumsy.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
He meant that balancing a transformation character so that both characters are used and that the character isn't completely broken is complicated, not the actual transformation in the game.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I can't believe that people here aren't interested in Wario but are interested in Pit and Metaknight....

Wario looks freaking awesome. I'm excited for him more than anyone else. :D

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I just realized - perhaps we'll only see Final Smashes for Veterans, but two special moves for the newcomers? I think that is the most probable; it means three Final Smashes and four Special Move updates left between now and July 11th.

I also suspect we'll get one of each from the other categories - at least one "How to Play", "Music", "Items", "Stages" and "Game modes"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I am also a bit confuzzled regarding why all veterans shown so far have been around the longest, i.e. since 64. Perhaps because they are the most iconic to the series.

An article at Aussie-nintendo.com has a good explanation.

Although there is no ‘main’ character, with the advent of Brawl, and Melee before it, four characters appear to have been made unofficial mascots of the series. Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby appear in the opening cinematic battle of the GCN title, while these four characters were used in the battles introducing Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the world. Mario and Link are most likely used due to being Nintendo’s top two in-house developed protagonists. Pikachu most likely for the Pokémon phenomenon that, although has calmed in recent years, still manages to push software out the door. Finally, Kirby, as the representative of Smash’s creator, Sakurai, and as the official mascot of HAL Labs, the game’s original developers.
The full article can be found here and is an enjoyable read.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Quick question:
I know if your a brand new character to the smashbros. series your called a newcomer, and if your a character thats been in the smashBros. series since Smash64 your called a veteran. My question is if your a character and was first introduced in melee are you called a veteran still or are you called a rookie?

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Nice update. I'm REALLY liking how Wario is turning out so far. Here are my thoughts on this quote:

"It’s rumored that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see."

It's obvious he worded it this way to confuse/tease like we all know he can:urg:

1. Like we saw in one trailer (where wario looks like he's doing some wierd dash-dance to rush thing) wario may have the potential to be pretty tricky. The quote could mean that his fighting style will revolve alot based on trickery and catching people off gaurd.

2. Okay, this might be me just overthinking things but: maybe by "characters cannot even see" he means something actually invisible... Tricky moves are tricky, but they're visable, right? Maybe a big part of Wario is laying invisible traps around the field for people to run into and for him to work around hit fighting style. The only thing invisable that I could see him doing is farting and the smell lingering there for a while until someone gets to it and possibly gets stunned or dmg'd. Could Wario really be that unique? Or is I just thinking way too hard about this :embarrass

Tell me what you guys think about these possibilities.

Mario Ninja

Smash Rookie
I think that they should have already put all the characters already shown on the videos on the website. The new update was just a few hints which may mean something toataly different than we think. Wario has been a confirmed newcomer for a while now so i think they need to give us some facts or at least his Up and Down special move like they did for Pit.

But, Wario is still one of my favorite Newcomers and guess it would be cool if his moveset revolved around tricking people like Exorcist said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom