• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You have to remember something... The biggest fans of Super Smash Bros are, in fact, the creators. They're going to make sure the game is perfected. And I honestly doubt they'll make an entire NEW CHARACTER based around the fact that you'd have to "chance" getting the item in the first place. That would just be silly.

~Dac

(And it was funny? Not too subtle? =P)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
IF it's going to be a transformation, it would have to be something like the taunt or a button combo, because I can't see them getting rid of any of Samus's moves.

I'm still thinking that Zamus will be her own character, but that's just me. If Samus turned into Zamus through an Item or her Bacon or something... That would just be absolutely unacceptable, and I'd start questioning the entirety of Brawl...

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping for another BACON, just because I REALLY want to know what Fox does. I think Sakurai know's we're expecting it, so he'll probably give us what we're least expecting.

Music or Newcomer? Prttypls?

~Dac

Chepe

Smash Lord
How about both Samus and Zamus appear on the roster screen to be selected, and are completely separate characters, with one little gimmick...

They can transform to the other through the use of Smash Balls, as in, item matches only. Samus can use that Omega Cannon from the trailer, and Zamus uses a foe-damaging Crystal Flash from Super Metroid to reconstruct her suit (he does his research on character moves so I dont doubt it)...

Sakurai can implement both ideas like this, and since he cares so much about all fans as shown by the 4 controllers, why wouldnt he make Samus/Zamus part transformation like this?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You know, that COULD work, I suppose... But wouldn't that piss people off who didn't want to transform but want to use Samus's Bacon? It seems a bit counterproductive, to me. If he's going to let people choose, then let them choose.

But your theory is the best so far, as far as item/Bacon-transformation goes.

~Dac

Chepe

Smash Lord
Since Sakurai said "under certain conditions", it cant be as simple as a button push or configuration. It seems to be something almost out of the player's control, in which a Final Smash result would fit in nicely...

Dacvak

Smash Ace
By that definition, yes, but do you really think that it would work like that? I mean come on... Do you honestly believe that a special move would arbitrarily change your character? If you don't use that character to begin with, what's the incentive of transforming into them to throw off your game? Give me a break, here. They wouldn't make it that definite. There has to be another way.

~Dac

In unrelated news, my co-worker decided to staple my left hand for no apparent reason. If you were wondering, yes. It was a gusher. (Oww.... typing.... hurts...)

Chepe

Smash Lord
To punish those Shiek players who never switched to Zelda sometimes like Sakurai had meant it to be? *joking*

I see what you mean, but I cant see a simple button push initiating the change, and I sure as hell dont want damage buildup to be the way (A LOT more crippling). And your co-worker is a jerk...

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I like Sheik, too. But love doesn't blind me. She's gone.

Frame-by-frame all the videos, and you will see a clear link between too many of Zamus' moves to be a coincidence. They based her off Sheik, no doubt. And since Sakurai expressed an aversion to cloning this time around, it seems inevitable that Zamus has taken Sheik's place.

Which is fine, because neither were essential to their franchises. And if this means we get more Zelda characters, I'm all for it. Now just give Zelda light arrows, and we can all be happy.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i started to play with zelda/sheik a little bit today, and as luck turns out, those two are a part of my group of mains. i would be sad to see them go. i know zelda will stay and that's good cause zelda is fun to play as.

but i have to disagree with pomfrod. i know that samus is agile now, but i don't see a clone of sheik. i mean she doesn't even run as fast as sheik in the trailer. i see a chance of sheik returning still, just cause of the fanbase.

and on the topic of transformations, I think...wait this isn't on topic, this has to do with the site updates!

Volt tackle ftw!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I see what you mean, but I cant see a simple button push initiating the change, and I sure as hell dont want damage buildup to be the way (A LOT more crippling). And your co-worker is a jerk...
That's why I'm thinking Zamus will be, like, an alternate costume, with a completely different moveset? I put a questionmark there, because the more I typed, the more I realized how dumb that sounded.

Either way... My hand still hurts. =(

~Dac

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm telling you, it's going to be a button combo. i hope konami can give the 'Konami Code" for the transformation. that would rock!

i just can't see two seperate characters that's all. it would be weird to see ZS Samus fighting regular Samus. yes i know Dr. Mario and Mario could fight each other, but still that was weird too

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Haha. Have you ever run in the dirt and made a sudden stop? The dirt flies in front of you, not behind.
Yes, dirt gets THROWN in front of you, but it also gets kicked up behind you. There is no dust at all behind him.

i'm telling you, it's going to be a button combo. i hope konami can give the 'Konami Code" for the transformation. that would rock!

i just can't see two seperate characters that's all. it would be weird to see ZS Samus fighting regular Samus. yes i know Dr. Mario and Mario could fight each other, but still that was weird too
Yeah, the Konami Code would certainly work and make sense since Samus is totally a Konami character and pressing up doesn't make you jump or anything. And also, you can't totally make anyone fight themselves already. Sorry for the sarcasm. ;-)

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Button combo?

I'm down.

I think that makes the most sense considering everything...

Shiek removed?

Please.

Too popular, too important, too good.

What's wrong with the TP zelda turning into Shiek anyhow? It would be recognizing the new LoZ art-style, and paying ode to the original and classic Ocarina of Time. Just because Zelda might look like she does from TP doesn't exactly mean they have to shaft Shiek does it?

Seriously, why not?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i agree here. Just because it is TP link, I dont think that this automatically eliminates sheik. I understand why everyone says she will be gone, and your reasoning makes sense, but she could still be kept around. I too think that she is a very popular character, so maybe she will be a seperate character. I am pretty much against Samus morphing in general, and I think that a secific button combo (besides down+b) would be a terrible idea. For one thing, smash really isnt about button combos such as mortal kombat. And really, does spamus need to also be able to morph into a quick, fast falling, shiek like character?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Yeah, the Konami Code would certainly work and make sense since Samus is totally a Konami character and pressing up doesn't make you jump or anything. And also, you can't totally make anyone fight themselves already. Sorry for the sarcasm. ;-)

ha ha very funny!:mad: what kind of nintendo fanboy would i be if i didn't know samus was nintendo? i perfectly know Samus is Nintendo!

think about it though! Snake is KONAMI (wink wink) and borrowing the code to do some spectacular stunt (once giving birth to many lives, now gives life into a newcomer in smash, DUH!!) gives a cool nostalgia feeling while giving us something new and exciting! plus to pull off the code, you had to move while inputing it, so the same applies for Smash! DUH!!

i really don't think it'll happen, i just said it would be cool, having Konami give a part of their past and give more to Smash, even though Snake makes me happy enough. if ANYTHING it'll probably be like AABBYYXX or shake the wii-mote a couple of times. now before i get even madder at what you posted, i'm going to stop and say ZS Samus, i want to know your transformation

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
What's wrong with the TP zelda turning into Shiek anyhow? It would be recognizing the new LoZ art-style, and paying ode to the original and classic Ocarina of Time. Just because Zelda might look like she does from TP doesn't exactly mean they have to shaft Shiek does it?

Seriously, why not?
You do know that the OOT Zelda and TP Zelda are entirely different people, right?

I'm not really for Shiek getting removed or anything, even though she's probably my second least played next to Marth, so I really just don't have a stance on the matter. But if she does stay, it'll probably be as a seperate character.

think about it though! Snake is KONAMI (wink wink) and borrowing the code to do some spectacular stunt (once giving birth to many lives, now gives life into a newcomer in smash, DUH!!) gives a cool nostalgia feeling while giving us something new and exciting! plus to pull off the code, you had to move while inputing it, so the same applies for Smash! DUH!!
It'd be better if they had us input the code to unlock Snake to begin with. :D

3 hours until tonight's update. What are we all expecting/hoping to see? I'm half expecting Kirby's Final Smash... but I try not to give Sakurai credit for being predictable. If not continuing with Final Smash/BACON Week, I'm eager to see a new stage revealed.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Here's another thing... Link LOOKS like TP Link, but that doesn't mean he IS TP Link. He's just Link. Link from every Zelda game ever. Think about it, if Melee's was Ocarina of Time Link, why would he be sporting Zelda II-only moves?

You don't need to throw Link into just one Zelda game, just like you wouldn't need to throw Zelda into one category. She can be whatever model, and still have Shiek.

~Dac

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
You do know that the OOT Zelda and TP Zelda are entirely different people, right?

I'm not really for Shiek getting removed or anything, even though she's probably my second least played next to Marth, so I really just don't have a stance on the matter. But if she does stay, it'll probably be as a seperate character.

3 hours until tonight's update. What are we all expecting/hoping to see? I'm half expecting Kirby's Final Smash... but I try not to give Sakurai credit for being predictable. If not continuing with Final Smash/BACON Week, I'm eager to see a new stage revealed.
this is kind of out of the subject on the thread, but I think it was GT that said that the skelitan swordsman that teaches u all the techneiks in TP might be link from OOT bc of what the swordsman says

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, I doubt it's physically impossible for the other people to use someone else's moves...Especially since the OoT Link obviously has enough moves to fill an entire moveset.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Here's another thing... Link LOOKS like TP Link, but that doesn't mean he IS TP Link. He's just Link. Link from every Zelda game ever. Think about it, if Melee's was Ocarina of Time Link, why would he be sporting Zelda II-only moves?

You don't need to throw Link into just one Zelda game, just like you wouldn't need to throw Zelda into one category. She can be whatever model, and still have Shiek.

~Dac
By that logic, young Link could turn into a wolf and Tetra could turn into Shiek. :p

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Not really, most of the legend of zelda games theres a different link. But in the super smash bros. world, link can do any moves they program him to do.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord

Here are my choices for tonight's update
1. A new stage
2. New item
3. A new Game mode addition. I'm leaning heavily towards this because every other topic has at least 3 updates in them. The game mode has had only 1 update.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Here are my choices for tonight's update
1. A new stage
2. New item
3. A new Game mode addition. I'm leaning heavily towards this because every other topic has at least 3 updates in them. The game mode has had only 1 update.
I don't think we'll be seeing many game mode updates until further along in development, unless they're "big" game modes like Adventure. Just a hunch.

Of course, Sakurai could prove me wrong with a totally unpredictable update like he's known to do.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You! Devastation! You tell me what the purpose of crawling is. Go on, I want to know!
Duh... Crawling obviously enables God mode. The only problem is you can't attack in Crawl form, and you still take damage as normal.

But, sheesh, who wouldn't want to use it?

~Dac

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Jeeze...did you really have to spell my name wrong?

Anyway...We really don't know a whole lot about crawling to jump to any conclusions...There could be crawling attacks or ledge crawling that could exist in the game that could add to it. There's also the prospect of mobile crouch cancelling that is rather hawt...

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
You! Devastation! You tell me what the purpose of crawling is. Go on, I want to know!
avoid falcos lasers, samus spam, shieks needles, fox lasers too, and alot of good strategies, crouch cancel with movement is one of them,

GET NEAR WITHOUT NOTICE ON THE ENEMY BACK ON DOUBLES ^.^

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
wario eh? its a cool update, but im so confused!!! what attacks is he doing in those pics?
heres what i think:
top left: start of the dash attack where he slides on his stomach head forward
top right: dair, or could it be a bdown?
down left: the wario waft? which b attack could it be though? i would think bdown if thats his dair not the bdown in the previous pic
down right: i have no freicken idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom