• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think it might be a joke referring to his "gaseous" attacks, or simply that his martial art isn't quite... art.

But yeah, I think he might really be based on being unpredictable. It's an interesting strength to have. I actually imagine my own character having such a strength... so here's hoping that Wario will be almost as awesome. *hur hur hur*

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
You may have a point, Kashakunaki, but I just thought it would be arbitrary for Sakurai to give Final Smashes to a few veterans and just make special move updates for a few newcomers. I mean, its either all or nothing if you think logically about it.

On the other hand, what with Mic_128's quotation it may be so that only the mentioned quartet get their final smashes unveiled. But, once again, when it comes to Special Moves updates it would make sense to make one for each newcomer ne?

NukeA6

Smash Master
They gotta show Wario's B moves tomorrow. Wanna see how more interesting this character is.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Too important? No, Sheik is not important.

Too popular? Really? If you say so, but you are going to have to get ready for some change. Some characters are going to get booted out and Sheik is really an insignificant part of the Zelda franchise.
Wait, Sheik isn't important? Sheik played a minor role in OoT? IIRC, you saw Sheik between every single dungeon, and the biggest plot twist in the game (and probably Zelda history) was the fact that Zelda was Sheik! Besides, she's a ninja, so everybody likes her.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
While I can't say Wario is the newcomer I'm most interested in (though I'm actually more excited about him than Meta-Knight), it's good to see what they are doing with him. And humourous fighting styles are always enjoyable.

And Lol at Kirby getting a taste of his own medicine.

SnareRush

Big Loada
I think there's a good chance we'll get Wario's special moves tomorow. When Pit's profile was released, his specials were released the day after. Hopefully it'll clear up all the confusion about how he's gonna play.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
martial arts? maybe he uses sumo...

not that excited about wario. i like he's a character, but i kinda suspected it. cool screenshots though. i like that he's going head first toward the ground in the second pic

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Did anybody notice "It’s rumored that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see." Im guessing that the cannot even see part might just be a translation error, maybe its a martial arts style that other players can not even imagine. Anyways, im pretty pumped about Wario in brawl. It almost looks like hes doing a Luigi type chop in the first picture, I love the head drop, and if he bites people as his smash attack, then I have found my new character :chuckle:

Mario Ninja

Smash Rookie
I had a second thought. What if it is not a sucking move or a bite move. It could be a burping move. That would make since since his final smash is rumered to be a fart. Or it might just be the type of face he makes while he is doing a certain attack or something like that. Ether way i'm still excited to play with Wario.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
By just looking at the Spanish one, it looks like the last sentence says: "The opponents will never know where the blows [i.e. attacks] come from."

I don't know the first thing about German, French, or Italian, so I'll let Google do that for me.
German smashbros.com said:
The full-slim ore rogue is incalculably like always and its cheats really blows up all rules of the combat art… and the Fairness. States one at least.
French smashbros.com said:
It appears that this unforeseeable character will control a martial arts that the other characters never saw!
And the Italian version has words Google doesn't recognize.

The Spanish version and English make it seem like the attacks are invisible, but the French and German versions make it seem like Wario's moves are crazy and unpredictable.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Faw to the rescue!

Smashbros.com said:
Der vollschlanke Erzschurke ist unberechenbar wie immer und seine Tricks sprengen wirklich alle Regeln der Kampfkunst... und der Fairness. Behauptet man zumindest.
"The big, full-figured villain is unpredictable as always and his tricks truly violate all laws of martial art... and of fairness. That's what they say at least."

Man, what a different translation.
I guess this really proves how possible it is that there will be mistranslations or inaccuracies. The translators are apparently taking some liberties.

EDIT: Oh, I should have read more carefully. Check out the French translation in the above post. "That the other characters never saw"? Makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
All of you speculating that he will copy taunts and entire sets of moves are insane. From the pictures it's obvious that he has some normal attacks, and the text hints at roundhouse fart kicks. That's it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Here's another thing... Link LOOKS like TP Link, but that doesn't mean he IS TP Link. He's just Link. Link from every Zelda game ever. Think about it, if Melee's was Ocarina of Time Link, why would he be sporting Zelda II-only moves?

You don't need to throw Link into just one Zelda game, just like you wouldn't need to throw Zelda into one category. She can be whatever model, and still have Shiek.

~Dac
This is the least thought out post I've seen in quite some time. If you play LoZ you know it's not the same Link. It's also not the same Zelda. And I completely agree with the person who said by your logic it is like if young link could transform into the wolf. Also, when you say it looks like TP Link,

"The hero of The Legend of Zelda series.
The design of this particular Link comes from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess"
Direct quote from Smashbros.com.
It's TP link.

Sorry to everyone that this may be old discussion but I was looking through past pages and couldn't help but say something.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
On a different note: considering we have seen one Final Smash that wasn't shown in the trailer, how many will we see before July 11th? We now have Zamus, MK and Snake left for the newcomers, but every newcomer gets two updates! Since Wario's two special moves have not been shown, we still have seven updates for newcomers.
A quick question...why is July 11th mentioned a few times in this thread? Why is it important?

Wrath`

Smash Master
wario is gonna eat you.

@dyce,isnt E3 july 13th? i rmember it being a month after i got out of school, wigh was the
13th

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well can't sya im thrilled with the update, I was expecting this to be Final smash week, but meh...

Was also expecting metakinght, this proves that sakurai is one hard person to predict...

burrito

Smash Lord
Wait, Sheik isn't important? Sheik played a minor role in OoT? IIRC, you saw Sheik between every single dungeon, and the biggest plot twist in the game (and probably Zelda history) was the fact that Zelda was Sheik! Besides, she's a ninja, so everybody likes her.
I said that she was insignificant to the Zelda franchise. I never said she played a minor role in OOT, just to the franchise in general.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
I think Wario is going to consist of some... gassy attacks. He'll be an interesting character to use.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that's when E3 is, the big game conference, so we're expecting a ton of Brawl info to be released then.
Got ya. Man, now I'm excited. Release date maybe?

By the way, on IGN it says that Brawl will be released in September 2007 in Europe and in December 2007 in Japan. Is that correct? Why is it being released in Europe first?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Got ya. Man, now I'm excited. Release date maybe?

By the way, on IGN it says that Brawl will be released in September 2007 in Europe and in December 2007 in Japan. Is that correct? Why is it being released in Europe first?
IGN knows nothing. The only thing remotely resembling a release date confirmation that we have is that it will in fact release this year. Beyond that, every website is making complete guesses.

burrito

Smash Lord
What if that bite attack was actually Wario's Grab? Maybe he grabs them between his jaws, shakes them around like a dog, and then lets them go. That would be pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom