• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
4000 reply, NICE...and yes, i think when he means something terrible, it means that pika falls off and dies.

****, i just realized that I am 4001 reply, oh well, 4001 NICE

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
that reminds me of using AR to make a super fox...your firefox would be twice as long, and when it ended you would keep your speed that you had during the attack, so youd be flying across the screen, and if you didnt hit the ground, youd be dead. thats exactly what this sounds like.

pikachu ftw.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
volt tackle ftw! final smash week! the pics look awesome (except the first, the detail is kinda crappy on pika a little). big huge ball of electricity, now that is more scary than fireballs coming at me. sucks that pika has no recovery after this, so you have to be careful and judge how long it lasts

today's update rocks. can't wait til tomorrow

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I knew it. It's the strongest attack that Pikachu can learn so what else could it be than his Final Smash. It actually looks nice, but it's dissapointing that you can't see Pikachu in the ball of light. I mean, in the games and in the TV serie, he just gets all kinds of yellow flashes aroun him, then tackles somebody.

Something else I wonder now. Pikachu is able to hurt multiple people and so is Mario. Link hits just one person. That probally means that (just like the trailer showed us) Link gets a special cinematic for his attack while Pikachu and Mario don't get it (because people must avoid it). So that means that Link's Triforce Slash really is unavoidable?
Why would link get a special cinema for his? Remember he can catch up to 3 people in his attack at once (if what the notes say is what I think it is)

Fawriel

Smash Master
see i don't like that pic, pika isn't as detailed as everything else. he's kinda blocky and there's weird shapes in his body
Haha, that's what I thought at first, too.
But, look at it closely...

Pikachu's squinting and looking evil!
Holy crap!

( That is, if you meant the eyes... dunno about the rest. )

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I dont believe Mario is skidding to a stop, i think its either a backdash as some of u guys have said, or maybe its a "perfected wavedash" (what i mean by this is that maybe Sakurai decided to leave wavedashing in but instead of having it happen thanks to a traction/speed glitch, he actually created a certain button combination or button presses for it to happen [maybe its still the exact same button combination] and he also created different animations for different characters) So maybe wavedashing wont be a glitch in this game, and charactes will have different animations when u do it.

Although i know this is wishful thinking, im kinda positive Mario isnt skidding, could be something else though.

I dunno,I dont think so either.But unless Nintendo wanted this game to have extreme classics in terms of charactertics or what not,Mario did use to skid with one foot during traction in his old school days.But when Mario jumped into the 3D world,the majority of the games up to date show him skiding with both feet on the ground as he turned in a realistic fashion(Think Mario 64,Sunshine sideways jumps).And since in both Smash 64/Melee Mario skids the similar way as in the past 3D games,its kinda safe to guess that whatever the hell Mario is doing in that picture is not a skid.I still beileve its a new b,b backhop similar to Final Fight 3.Those who played that game would agree.

Btw tho,if they are gonna add poses for wavedashing,that could also means they know it exist and it could be tempered with.They would be also planning to let casual gamers in on the high level techniques,which still wouldnt effect the pros or anything in that nature,but to even out the playing field a bit.

SnareRush

Big Loada
I think we can be pretty certain that you can choose when to release your Final Smash once you've obtained the smash ball. Otherwise you could only use it where the ball lands which would kinda ruin any strategical use of the attacks.

Also if this is the case, I just thought of a cool use for Pika's Final Smash. If it lasts long enough you could save it to use as a recovery from pretty much anywhere on the level. Just think, your opponent thinks you're down and out, but then you unleash the fury! return to stage, and destroy your enemy! :D

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Also if this is the case, I just thought of a cool use for Pika's Final Smash. If it lasts long enough you could save it to use as a recovery from pretty much anywhere on the level. Just think, your opponent thinks you're down and out, but then you unleash the fury! return to stage, and destroy your enemy! :D
I doubt that Final Smashes will be usable in the air.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Why would link get a special cinema for his? Remember he can catch up to 3 people in his attack at once (if what the notes say is what I think it is)
I don't think he gets a special cinema. For instance, if it's a four-player match, and Link catches one of the players, the two other players can still fight while Link slashes the guy who got caught.

SnareRush

Big Loada
Possibly. However, Sakurai's comments on Mario's Final Smash makes me think that you can perform them in the air. He says "it's best to release this from a slightly floating or mid-air position".
Also, I'm pretty sure Mario is in the air in this screen shot. It's hard to see, but the platform is a fair few feet below him.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
Why would that be in doubt?....I see no reason for them not to be usable in mid-air

@ SuperNintendoid

Mario IS in a platform on that pic, is just that the surface isn't flat

Stryks

Smash Hero
Possibly. However, Sakurai's comments on Mario's Final Smash makes me think that you can perform them in the air. He says "it's best to release this from a slightly floating or mid-air position".
Also, I'm pretty sure Mario is in the air in this screen shot. It's hard to see, but the platform is a fair few feet below him.

True im bettin he said that, because if u use it in a stage like FD, one fireball wil be canceled by thouching the ground, and only one fireball will keep on going, because theres barely any space between the floor and the fireball that comes out on the bottom hand...

SnareRush

Big Loada
Mario IS in a platform on that pic, is just that the surface isn't flat
Not that this is really important.....but he is almost certainly above the platform :p
If you look at this image of the same stage you can see that both the side platforms are slightly lower than the center platform.

In the first screenshot you could see that Mario was slightly above even the center platform, so he is definitely above the side one.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice find. Smash conspiracies all over the place!!!

~Dac

[Edit]

Actually, now that I think about it, this definitely CONFIRMS Pulseman as a Pikachu clone. God, I can't believe I didn't see it before!

Pulseman for Brawl.

~Dac^2
No, I wouldn't say that. All it means is that when the team that made Pulseman got a contract for the Pokemon games, they added a move similar to one they made for one of their beloved original IPs from early on in their careers as an homage.

The reason I don't think it's a skid is that it looks like the dust that's being kicked up is being kicked up on the wrong side if he was running from the right to the left. Yeah there might be some dust kicked up in front of him, but there would at least be some behind him (where he was coming from).

This post deserves more love. I really like the idea.
Although the skidding theory makes a lot of sense, I guess.
Thanks, and thanks if the next quote is about my idea too:

I can't wait for the update in smash101 that says "INTERCEPT!"

chAvo

Smash Cadet
Not that this is really important.....but he is almost certainly above the platform :p
If you look at this image of the same stage you can see that both the side platforms are slightly lower than the center platform.

In the first screenshot you could see that Mario was slightly above even the center platform, so he is definitely above the side one.
My bad, anyway i can't see a reason not to do a final smash in the air.

burrito

Smash Lord
Sakurai did want to make the air game better, plus you can shoot guns in the air. Why not be able to use final smashes in the air?

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
The reason I don't think it's a skid is that it looks like the dust that's being kicked up is being kicked up on the wrong side if he was running from the right to the left. Yeah there might be some dust kicked up in front of him, but there would at least be some behind him (where he was coming from).
Haha. Have you ever run in the dirt and made a sudden stop? The dirt flies in front of you, not behind.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I just remembered something I realized earlier today.

If this really is the Final Smash Week.

Samus' Final Smash will be presented.

And if Samus' Final Smash will be presented...

We will know whether she transforms by using it!

(potential) RIOT!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
No, I wouldn't say that. All it means is that when the team that made Pulseman got a contract for the Pokemon games, they added a move similar to one they made for one of their beloved original IPs from early on in their careers as an homage.
Yeah dude... I was just joking. =P

Anyway, who here really thinks it's going to be BACON week on Smashbros.com? I doubt they'll release ALL the BACONs for each veteran, but it would be nice. I still believe that Sakurai gave us two in a row just to throw us off. =P

~Dac

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Why does this thread always come back to Samus and ZS Samus?

It's odd, I kind of contemplated after yesterdays update that they could probably could show all the Veteran Final Smashes this week, yet wrote it off because I didn't think they'd show any new ones. Now that we've seen Pikachu's previously unveiled Final Smash, I'd honestly be surprised if it isn't Final Smash week.

Still, since when has this site been that predictable:p

I love playing Peach but by all means if Peach's playstyle was taken away and given to a character called "HomoMan" and he threw sculptures of boners instead of turnips, I'd use him without hesitation.
I'm putting that in my signiture.XD

The thing is,everyone doesn't want Zamus to be an exact replica os Shiek in wolfs clothing.She could be speed based,but have here own unique moveset.

So far,she seems to have unique Smash attacks more than anything.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I'm putting that in my signiture.XD

The thing is,everyone doesn't want Zamus to be an exact replica os Shiek in wolfs clothing.She could be speed based,but have here own unique moveset.

So far,she seems to have unique Smash attacks more than anything.
There is no WAY that Zamus would be a Shiek replica, in fact, I doubt they'll even get rid of Shiek. Shiek was too much of a fan favorite to get rid of.

As long as they have Zelda, they'll probably have Sheik.

~Dac

NukeA6

Smash Master
Seeing that Pikachu is on fire, my theory on characters having different auras fails.

NukeA6

Smash Master
There is no WAY that Zamus would be a Shiek replica, in fact, I doubt they'll even get rid of Shiek. Shiek was too much of a fan favorite to get rid of.

As long as they have Zelda, they'll probably have Sheik.

~Dac
True, just because we're gonna have a TP Link and most likely a TP Zelda and Ganondorf doesn't mean we're gonna have all Zelda stages and items coming from the same game.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...must... resist... strangling.......................

GOD DAMMIT.

Look, we're ALL idiots, and we're ALL jumping to ****ing conclusions, so... WHATEVER!

GAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom