• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok I gotta give my thought on the update:

Name: Triforce slash (I actually named links special triforce slash before it was updated on the site, I was surprised it was named just like I thought it would :p)

Screenshots: Well ok looks like when link unleashes the final, he sends the triforce either forward or at one of the enemies, so if its the 2nd one then Im guessing the smash is unnavoidable but would target the closest enemy, once the triforce clashes with the oponent, he gets trap between both 2 triforces...

Links starts slashing, his aurora changes colors, between green, blue and red, the colors of the 3 godesses, anyway the oponents cant escape and link continues slashing, when ready Link give one final slash, and goes SKRAAAAH!! Breaking the triforce in the process and taking down wario as well...

Text: Well note that the text says: "Light shoots out from the Triforce on the back of Link’s hand, striking his opponentS!" he put and S, meaning plural, no before people go off saying it would attack more than one oponent, remember in Japan they dont usually use plural words, like ice climbers, in japan they say ice climber, without the S, so Im bettin there was a text error...

"If you suffer this fate, there is little hope for you. But remember: damage alone will not finish you in Smash.

If you’re lucky enough to strike solid ground, you just might be saved."
I believe since the move attacks only one person, the move is a one Hit KO, it would balance the finals:

The finals that attack multiple oponents dont do one hit KOs, but do MASSIVE DAMAGE to the oponents...
While the finals that hit one person, since it only affects one enemie, I believe it will be a one hit KO...

The sentence helps confirm this, it says it sends u fliying and theres almost no way to survive, BUT if u touch ground, or in other words crash with a wall, The bounce off the wall wont be as strong thus u may survive...

Also during the final Im guesisn Link floats in the air just like in the trailer, and Im bettin if someone tries to attack link and save the other guy, the slashes will be too fast and may hit the one trying to sopt link...

Anyway uve all talked about that, but just wanted to give my view of things :p SKRAAAAH!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well that's good to hear, but i'm hoping link will be in an "invincible" stage while he's floating doing his final smash

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
No Samus player would complain about her floatiness, which saves her along with the weight and awesome recovery, or allows air movement to evade combos and such. And his aerials (like the sex kick) have high priority.
She has no short hop (not that she needs it entirely). I'm not saying she sucks, I'm just saying not every-one can use her properly because the learning curve is pretty large.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Sneak... weren't you complaining about people being immature? =/

For one, it's a fact that things get lost in translation. OF COURSE mundane **** like "crates" is easily translated, but this guy is juggling with words to hint at stuff and not give away valuable information. He's being VAGUE! And I can read at least one other language Smashbros.com is being translated into, and even those translations differ a lot. The translators seem to be taking some freedoms and interpreting things slightly differently.
There are words that have different connotations and mean different things and whatnot. And you seem to have no idea how Japanese works. It has a COMPLETELY different structure from English.

Don't try being a wise guy about things you don't understand.
I'm quite aware of how Japanese works. My point is people are thinking way to hard about the one possibility that there's an error in the dialect, which is itself unlikely. And although the translations differ alot, they are still giving the same point across.

Show me a translation on the site that has differrd so much that the meaning is lost between languages.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i honestly don't think that any fighter can be damaged during their final smash. this is the moment when the character is literally "God" and can do something very powerful and unimaginable. it would be a waste if it can be canceled by one small attack

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
A few things:

1.) Didn't the mods ask us to take the Samus discussion INTO ANOTHER THREAD? It almost worked too, until someone had to quote a post and spark up the debate again.

2.) I'm getting a little sick of people that don't know how to play Samus claim that she sucks as justification for her getting a transformation. I've seen people (who aren't even very good players) do some outstanding things with Samus, and that's without knowing her inside and out.

Now, Samus is not one of my better characters, so I tend to stay out of the debate gameplay-wise. Although I know her well enough to know that she already has some very good strengths, and I'd hate to see her nerfed just for the sake of having a gimmicky transformation. This being said, I'll say what many others have before: chances are Sakurai has this entirely set into stone already, and honestly I trust they'll do a good job of keeping things balanced.

It's human nature to pass the time with quandries, but lighting up debates with things like "samus suxxorz n dats y he (emphasis on he) shud transfrm lolz" isn't pleasing anyone.

3.) The mis-translation theory is completely legit. Nintendo does a fantastic job of translating the website, but I guarentee it's not their A-team of RPG translators. It's very easy for things to become vague due to the translation. Examples of mis-translations:

3a.) "Hang on a second. Is it really fair to play Yoshi’s voice at that moment? It’s enough to make a guy cry at the end." - Some people think this is regarding Yoshi's un-confirmation (is that a word?), some people think this is regarding the emotion of the song (due to the following line about crying).

3b.) "Light shoots out from the Triforce on the back of Link’s hand, striking his opponents!" - Does the Triforce Slash hit multiple opponents, or is this just a vague way of saying that it can hit any opponent, or is it simply a typo?

3c.) The infamous "Under certain conditions." - Is ZSS simply unlocked as character, or does regular Samus gain a transformation? Further, is it simply referring to Samus' "certain conditions" in the Metroid games themselves?

...and much, much more. If you deny this theory you clearly must not have noticed the obvious typo of "fantastic" from "fantasy" in the Crates update.

Back into the topic at hand, what stage is in the background of the Triforce Slash screenshots? It looks kind of like the Fire Emblem stage, although really the only proof I can find is the flagpole in the first screenshot.

I'm hoping tonight we'll get something a little more exciting, even though I found excitement in this one. Even Kirby's would be intriguing, after all, we saw it strike only Mario in the trailer, yet that move typically hits everything on-screen in the games. Although I doubt we'll get another Final Smash tonight...

burrito

Smash Lord
Indeed, the site is obviously awkwardly translated.

I think Samus is just fine the way she is, she is a good character. On the other hand Zelda/Shiek didn't go so well. I think that the "transformation" thing was only experimental, it kind of failed as an interesting gameplay aspect in melee. Therefore, I think it will be totally removed from SSBB.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Indeed, the site is obviously awkwardly translated.

I think Samus is just fine the way she is, she is a good character. On the other hand Zelda/Shiek didn't go so well. I think that the "transformation" thing was only experimental, it kind of failed as an interesting gameplay aspect in melee. Therefore, I think it will be totally removed from SSBB.
Failed? I thought Sheik/Zelda was a well liked character to play as?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He means one half was more useful than the other, thus removing the balance and the need to transform back and forth to begin with. This is why we have mostly Shiek mains and very few Zelda mains and even less Shiek/Zelda mains.

burrito

Smash Lord
Yes, Red Exodus basically has it. You see, people liked to play as them, but seperately (mostly as Sheik. Which makes the transformation completly pointless in the first place, unlike Sakurai's vision of the player actively switching between Zelda and Sheik, making Zelda a unique character. In the end, it just made things too complicated, which is not something that we want in a Smash Bros. game.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
1) I think everyone is overrating Final Smashes too much. I do believe their powerful, but I do not think they're the end all of be all. Much like every legendary Pokemon, every hammer, every homerun bat, every bob-omb every Roy maxed out Flare Blade. It's able to be defended against, be it blocked, avoided, or countered.

2) re: Samus/Zamus. Can we wait for a confirmation on that please? After that then you can dish out the I-told-you-so's.

I just hope that link's final smash isn't going to have weak strikes like I assume Metaknight will have
Considering how epic Final Smashes seem to be and how rare they are, I don't think any of them are weak, but not so much it's OMG FINAL SMASH WIN BUTTON.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Sigh, time always seems to slow down ata round this time. Not long to go, come on Metaknight!

keko_keko

Smash Cadet
The ball looks awesome, i wanna see it animated ^^. Also in the 2nd pic, Mario's doin' some funny little backwards hop thing.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I dunno about Pikachus final smash myself...
But I guess it'll be fun for Pikachu players to "HUNT THEM DOWN!!".
But I think Links is the most exciting so far.
Thats just my opinion though...

CasMat

Smash Cadet
I really want to know what Mario is doing in the second pic, and is anyone intrigued by the word "cancelled" ?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think he just means if it stops, you'll go into "I just used an up-B and now i'm stunned" mode.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Definately like Pikachus final smash. I think by the word cancelled he means 'wears off', as I guess that if Pikachu's final smash wears out if you are over the edge you don't get a jump to save yourself.
So who else reckons its going to be a Final Smash party on the site this week?

Definately like Pikachus final smash. I think by the word cancelled he means 'wears off', as I guess that if Pikachu's final smash wears out if you are over the edge you don't get a jump to save yourself.
So who else reckons its going to be a Final Smash party on the site this week?
All I really want to know are Pit's and Fox's Final Smash attacks are,then I would be forever happy.:)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hey, well we learned something pretty big... that not all final smashes become an automatic thing after activated... mario's seems pretty automatic. I think this volt tackle seems pretty awesome all and all. Is it an attack he gets from the actual pokemon games?

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Looks like Mario is doing the same back step move Pitt and MK did in the 2nd trailer. And he looks scared too.

And yea, this is a move that Pichu learns. It's a egg move that can only be learned by Pika if it had it as a Pichu after being hached from it's egg.

Hummm. . . .

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Hey, well we learned something pretty big... that not all final smashes become an automatic thing after activated... mario's seems pretty automatic. I think this volt tackle seems pretty awesome all and all. Is it an attack he gets from the actual pokemon games?
Yes, in emerald equip a light ball to Pikachu/Raichi and breed to get a Pichu with Volt Tackle.

Volt Tackle(In the games) has 100% ACC, 120% Power but gives recoil damage(In other words, you hurt yourself)

Epsilonis

Smash Cadet
Mmmm...my guess is tomorrow we get some Kirby final smash action going. Must...have..snakes...final smash..

CasMat

Smash Cadet
Erm.... I dunno.... I assumed that what MK and Pit did in the 2nd trailer was just their backwards roll. And even if it isn't, mario doesn't seem to be doing the same kind of motion..

Epsilonis

Smash Cadet
It looks like Mario is running backwards...if brawl introduced walking/running backwards, wouldn't that mean dash dancing is gone? =O

Black/Light

Smash Master
And Kirby is looking at Pika fall! I officially think that character now look at each other which is something I have been thinking about for a LONG time before hand ( came to this by looking at many screens on the site).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom