• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
qdMbp: Yep those screens where on the 1st update...
Anyway im sure samus just has the fully charged beam stored, it would be sick if u can charge in mid air, and Im still hoping they put the grapple beam on the left arm, but doubt it...

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Probably completely off topic to what you people are talking about, but due to the fact that there using Fox's Command design does any other Falco fan out there have a feeling they might not have Falco in here do the the fact that one of the endings in Command he leaves (again)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Zelda sported a pretty nifty bow and arrow in Twilight Princess, let's hope she gets to use that.
I was actually thinking about this this morning.. (or was it last night? Insomnia FTL). If they would move a more traditional Din's Fire to Zelda's down B, and the light arrows to her forward B, they could fill out her moveset rather nicely. Although having two "area of effect" moves (Din's Fire and Nayru's Love) might be a bit imbalanced, but they could probably tweak that.

If they do this, and axe Shiek, although see her reborn as ZSS, I think it sounds pretty solid.

I haven't played Zero Mission in a while. Do they show Zamus up close in that game? If not, then I'd definitely at least say that Zamus' hair was inspired from MP2, but that's it.
There was a few cinematic up-close shots at at least one or two points that I can remember. Sure enough that's the design of the Zero Suit they're going with, which I'm sure was the same in Prime 2 since it was released after.

More on topic with the website and it's updates, about 2 hours to go. :O I'm expecting a newcomer (Wario/MK, although ZSS would be great) this week, hopefully a new stage (if there's a pattern with the stages, they've done previously, newly, and previously revealed), and maybe a nice track of music... not another 30 second clip. :(

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I'm not sure, but it looks like more than one person can get trapped in there. Am I the only one thinking it?
Seems like he shoots a Triforce, anyone hit gets caught in it and the slashing happens.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
The Triforce Slash is a cool update, and the attack looks freicken amazing, but is it possible to escape getting caught by the triforce? after seeing the mario finale, i thought final smashes might be tournament legal seeing that it was definately able to dodge or avoid, but sakurai makes it sound like this triforce slash is practically a one hit kill, unless u hit ground before flying off. this kind of technique makes me think that final smashes might be banned.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Toasty, I was just thinking about that.
Not much of a surprising update though, we've seen how it works in the videos.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yeah, these stills aren't as cool as the videos. I'm tired of getting updates on things we've already seen in the videos.

The crates update was cooler than this. =P

~Dac

chAvo

Smash Cadet
The Triforce Slash is a cool update, and the attack looks freicken amazing, but is it possible to escape getting caught by the triforce? after seeing the mario finale, i thought final smashes might be tournament legal seeing that it was definately able to dodge or avoid, but sakurai makes it sound like this triforce slash is practically a one hit kill, unless u hit ground before flying off. this kind of technique makes me think that final smashes might be banned.
The main reason being that it's activated by an item, so it'll probably never be tournament legal

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Since it sounds like Link fires out a Triforce to capture opponents with, I figure you just dodge the Triforce and all is well.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yeah, wasn't a great update but not terrible either... Pretty screenshots.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Since it sounds like Link fires out a Triforce to capture opponents with, I figure you just dodge the Triforce and all is well.
I hope it will be like that. Even though it needs a smash ball which is an item, hopefully it will be tournament legal. perhaps it will be handled differently than other items. the fact that you probably can't throw a smash ball like just about any other item may help, and with just smash balls on, crates and barrells probably won't appear. obviously they all have to make final smashes avoidable so they arent broken. i would just think it would be so cool to be watching a big tournament and the crowd goes wild when someone fires up a final smash and everyone waits to see if they land it. at evo when they showed the matches on the giant projector for everyone to see, even though the audience loved it, pretty much the only thing that made that kind of on the edge of your seat tension was crazy marth on space animal chain grabbing.

GenG

Smash Lord
Interesting, so Link traps his enemies in the Triforce before the slashing starts.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Before this update, I thought it could only be done to one player, but he clearly states "any player who gets caught in the triforce" bites the dust.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
The attack itself can cause major damage, but I think it should be possible to dodge it. That's in combination with a thing that bothers me: If this attack only attacks 1 character, then how does it target who it'll hit? Maybe the light that comes out of Link's Triforce of Courage will aim at the character that will be hit? Maybe that gives you a second to avoid the light? But then again, if that light would really target the victim of the Triforce Slash, then it will be generated random. How can you as the Link player attack the character that YOU want to attack?
Lol, just like with the Samus update: These updates just keep giving us more question.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
As a Link fan, quite like the update. I alsp like the way beams of light from his Triforce mark fire out before the main attack begins (why hasn't that happened in a Zelda before?)
Looks like the final smashes could become quite varied, Marios hits everyone in a certain direction, Links focuses on one (or maybe two) in particular. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final Smashes we don't know about yet.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, the triforce apparently shoots straight forward. As soon as it hits someone, Link dashes in and destruction ensues. So it works kinda like a grab, I guess. And whoever else is hit by the triforces will be damaged, too... even the grab+a attacks have hitboxes that can damage players that aren't trapped in the grab. But they won't be trapped if they aren't hit by the initial triforce grab hitbox, I think... just like a grab.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
It's cool how the Final strike of Link's "I'm tripping BAAAALLSSS" attack is given a lilac streak that extends over a wide area. Emphasizes how much hurt is really dealt out.

One thing though, that has bugged me. When Mario got stuck in Kirby's Kruel Kannibalistic Kooking (I'm calling it that now and I will continue to do so even after Sakurai has given us an official - read: lame - name) he made an expression of anger and discomfort that amused me. Is every character in the game going to have an expression like that or was it just for the trailer?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It seemed like a cinematic, so it's probably just for the trailer.

And it seems like these final smashes are going to dish out quite a bit of damage if Sakurai's wording is accurate. It could be that Link does more damage because it's harder for him to hit all opponents like Mario can, though it definitly suggests you can catch several people in the triforce.

Looks impressive none the less. Poor Wario being chosen as the ounching bag:laugh:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I notice Link is not on fire like he was in trailer. He now has some blue aura.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Hey, you're right. Though it seems as though it changes colour, possibly after each hit.

Unless each character has a different colour.

Edit: Darn it, beaten, that was directed at NukeA6

As for Din, it's hard to tell, it could be some random streak of colour.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Why isn't Shiek a seperate character from Zelda?

Because in the game, Zelda transforms into Shiek. Therefore it is fitting, and proper that Zelda does so in Smash, in order to keep the character true.

Why won't Zamus be a seperate caracter from Samus?

Because in every Metroid game, Samus transforms into Zamus. As well as in MP2, wich is what they're basing the character's appearance off of.
Young Link and Link transform into each other in OoT. Mario can transform into Doc by putting on a white coat, stethoscope, and grabbing a bottle of pills. Therefore, this argument has no ground.

Oh, and a note on crates:
The crates in Snakes level had better look like cardboard boxes.

EDIT: By some people's logic, that can't be Din because Link is in his TP outfit. Din herself wasn't mentioned in TP; they just named a light spirit after her (kinda...).

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering, what stage is link doing his final smash. It looks like the stage from the E3 trailer but all you can see is sky. But when mario is doing his final smash, it shows what looks like battlefield just at night. So maybe it's battle field but i'm not sure.

Edit: Nevermind I just noticed the platform and pillar in the third pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom