• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If Final Smashes were that overpowered, Brawl matches would turn into Quidditch.
Nah, I don't think they will be. As far as I'm concerned, Mario's superawesome inferno Final Smash could just inflict 30% or so on whoever it hits. Not like the game ever made sense in that respect. :p

Snakz

Smash Ace
If Final Smashes were that overpowered, Brawl matches would turn into Quidditch.
Nah, I don't think they will be. As far as I'm concerned, Mario's superawesome inferno Final Smash could just inflict 30% or so on whoever it hits. Not like the game ever made sense in that respect. :p
To me, it looked like Mario's final smash would do a good amount of damage (32%-40%) to everyone or at least those who get hit, but for final smashes like link's or kirby's (which as far as we know only hits one person) it would do heavy damage (50%-60%)

But who knows, i certainly don't

Eaode

Smash Champion
Haha, people use the argument that there is no conclusive evidence to heavily support their side of the argument, even though said lack of evidence takes away just as much possibility from their idea as it does from the one they use the argument against.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
this is ridiculous! when samus does her "finale" the blast is so powerful her armor fall of-boom zamus. im guessing zamus's finale changes her back.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
this is ridiculous! when samus does her "finale" the blast is so powerful her armor fall of-boom zamus. im guessing zamus's finale changes her back.
This is becoming redundant, all I've seen on this thread for a while was arguments over Samus/Zamus. Listen ya'll, none of us has any solid proof whether Samus transforms or if Samus/Zamus are different characters. Come on, it's fine to speculate and all but it's kinda gettin' out of hand here.

To the quoted post, that isn't possible seeing as the finale can only be used once, so if Samus does transform, I doubt it'd be that way, but I could be wrong.

All in all we don't know, so there's no use in getting in arguments over it.

That was just my 1 and a half cents.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
a) Samus doesn't have the firey glow in the trailer, meaning it may not be a Final Smash

b) Sakurai has already alluded to the fact that Samus transforms. Saying otherwise is based on lack of evidence and is therefore ********.

c) Trust me when I say they won't **** Zero Suit Samus up. I'm certain that there will be a way to transform right off the bat at the beginning of the match. Otherwise, why would they make a big deal out of Zero Suit Samus if she is only available "every once in a while".

While it can make sense to think Zamus will be seperate, Sakurai has already made it pretty **** clear that Samus transforms into her IMO. Shiek works just fine for Zelda, and I'm sure Zamus will work out equally if not better for Samus.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
c) Trust me when I say they won't **** Zero Suit Samus up. I'm certain that there will be a way to transform right off the bat at the beginning of the match. Otherwise, why would they make a big deal out of Zero Suit Samus if she is only available "every once in a while".

While it can make sense to think Zamus will be seperate, Sakurai has already made it pretty **** clear that Samus transforms into her IMO. Shiek works just fine for Zelda, and I'm sure Zamus will work out equally if not better for Samus.
While I don't necessarily agree with your conclusion in that last part (I think the issue of whether they are the same or separate characters is still somewhat murky at best), I do agree that if you are right then the developers will certainly come up with an elegant solution to the question of transformation that will make her easily accessible for anyone who would want to use her in any situation (and will properly balance the character as well).

So whether or not they are separate characters, I'm not worried about it either way. Nor should any of you be. Have faith in the developers - they'll only have gotten better at making these Smash games from their past experience.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Can we move all Samus-Zamus Discussion into the Samus-Zamus topic please?

Boot Bunny1

Smash Cadet
I dont know why they would make Samus and Zamus the same people, what if your pro with Samus and you are really terrible with Zamus. So picture this, you are playing with Samus and then out of nowhere while you are playing with Samus, she rips off her suit and now you suck. quite frankly i think Samus and Zamus SHOULD be separate, but then again there has never been 2 different forms of 1 person in Super Smash Bros. before, so there is no way of telling in my opinion.

Rash

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure they won't reveal another character, and I have a feeling that we won't be seeing another item, either.

Monday will probably give us another special move set, or possibly a stage. If the site does give us a new stage I'm thinking it'll be either Pit's or the Halberd.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
For those people that keep sticking to Sakurai's statements and taking them so literally, dwell on this.

Sakurai is Japanese, he speaks Japanese. We are.... not Japanese, and we speak English.

Japanese structure their sentences different and probably speak differently which means they could be more figurative [which is most likely what Sakurai is in this case] or more literal than we are.

You also have to remember information is lost in translation so what is translated for us is not necessarily 100% of what Sakurai said or means. With this said 'under certain conditions' could mean anything, we just have to wait until Sakurai clears it up for us.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Bet Sakurai would wet himself if he saw this thread! Here we are debating every single way under the sun that Samus/Zamus could be linked/seperated, and yet the answer is probably going to be the simplest and most logical one.
I agree with Red Exodus about the translation thing mind, Japanese and English are very different languages and there are many japanese words that don't appear in English at all, and vice versa. In this context that 'certain conditions' talk could have meant anything.
Overall, we just don't know, so lets sit back and hope all is revealed sooner rather than later.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
i preferred your old avatar. i used to have a teacher called mr steele. your avatar made class funny.

anyway, whose putting any money on wat monday's update will be?
Special moveset or stage.

Stage monday

Special moveset tuesday

New music wednesday

Wario thursday

Friday... first notice update.

burrito

Smash Lord
a) Samus doesn't have the firey glow in the trailer, meaning it may not be a Final Smash

b) Sakurai has already alluded to the fact that Samus transforms. Saying otherwise is based on lack of evidence and is therefore ********.

Look here, guy. Samus has always been her own character. Therefore, under lack of evidence, one should assume that she will remain her own character. You need evidence to prove a positive, not to prove a negative. The burden of definite evidence lies under you to prove that they are seperate characters.

I don't like the Zelda and sheik transformation because everyone who plays as her seem to stick to playing only as sheik. The transformation aspect was unneedlessly complicated in a game where everything is about being simple. In fact, I think they will probably get rid of sheik in brawl. Samus was a good character in Melee, I don't expect her to change that much for no reason. Zamus is looking to be a pretty deep character herself with the beam whip and the gun. It'll be awesome to play as her by herself. Making them the same character just wouldn't make any sense, it would be an unneeded complication. I am confident that Sakurai wouldn't make such a pure design choice as to makes Samus and Zamus the same character.

Plus, I still think the "don't worry you'll still be able to play as Samus" line goes against Samus and Zamus being the same character.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
**** the hate for sheik is iffinite. You guys should chill sheik if anything should be in not zelda shes better then zelda i mean unless your a Omega overlord about playing with a crappy *** zelda... Then chill....

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
*facepalms* Sheik is not getting in before Zelda just because Sheik is the better character in melee. Zelda is far more significant to the Zelda franchise (it's named after her for one thing) while Sheik was a one time alter ego of Zelda that barely qualifies as a character. Zelda is returning, and either Sheik returns alongside her or isn't returning at all. And to say that Sheik is more deserving to return due to melee performance is such a poor reason and incredibly illogical, seeing as chances are Sheik is going to be nerfed if she does return.

On a more on-topic note, I really do think we are due a newcomer bio now, seeing as all the veterans have been shown.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
*facepalms* Sheik is not getting in before Zelda just because Sheik is the better character in melee. Zelda is far more significant to the Zelda franchise (it's named after her for one thing) while Sheik was a one time alter ego of Zelda that barely qualifies as a character. Zelda is returning, and either Sheik returns alongside her or isn't returning at all. And to say that Sheik is more deserving to return due to melee performance is such a poor reason and incredibly illogical, seeing as chances are Sheik is going to be nerfed if she does return.

On a more on-topic note, I really do think we are due a newcomer bio now, seeing as all the veterans have been shown.
wow ok your right so zelda will continue to float around and get totally owned by every person without her counter part she probally would be the least used charecter anyways simply because only 300 people use her.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah Pimpslap...I am sure they are gonna change her moveset. Maybe they will give her her sword from TP? Doubt it. They will make her better though since Sheik is gone.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
wow ok your right so zelda will continue to float around and get totally owned by every person without her counter part she probally would be the least used charecter anyways simply because only 300 people use her.
You do realize they can improve her, don't you? Or did that not cross your mind.

Still doesn't change the fact that she's more likely to return than Sheik.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I think it's safe to assume that she is gone. Sheik only appeared in Ocarina of Time, and since Link has taken on his Twilight Princess form, it's safe to say that Zelda will as well. It would not look natural or make any sense if Sheik took on that same art style, because we all know that Sheik did not appear in Twilight Princess (in fact, isn't the Zelda in Twilight Princess a different one than in Ocarina of Time?)

I believe that Link, Zelda and Ganondorf will all be in Brawl, and Zelda and Ganondorf will join Link in his new look.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Zelda is not the same but asumable, Ganondorf is because in OoT he got sent into the endless realm where he didn't age. TP is hundred years or so after OoT so Zelda is definitely reincarnated.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
By Boot Bunny1
but then again there has never been 2 different forms of 1 person in Super Smash Bros. before
Umm, what?

Mario and Dr. Mario
Link and Young Link

Theres Zelda and Sheik who are the same person.

Then even Pikachu and Pichu are sorta the same creature.

So, yeah,

what?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think it's safe to assume that she is gone. Sheik only appeared in Ocarina of Time, and since Link has taken on his Twilight Princess form, it's safe to say that Zelda will as well. It would not look natural or make any sense if Sheik took on that same art style, because we all know that Sheik did not appear in Twilight Princess (in fact, isn't the Zelda in Twilight Princess a different one than in Ocarina of Time?)

I believe that Link, Zelda and Ganondorf will all be in Brawl, and Zelda and Ganondorf will join Link in his new look.
I don't think Zelda's new Twilight Princess look hurts Shiek's chances that much, but lack of overall importance in the series as a whole hurts Shiek's chances a lot. If she was to return she'd be her own character slot, period. I don't think it would work any other way.

@ Dark Shard
As far as we know Pichu and Pikachu are diffrent, but other than that you are right. However, I think they meant as a single character, like how you can change from one to another.

For LOZ characters expect:
-Link (doubt him and die!)
-Zelda (TP look)
-Ganondorf (TP look)
-Midna (with or without Wolf Link)
-WW/cel-shaded Link

Maybe Vatti in there and one of them out, but overall expect that list to be the list of SSBB Zelda characters=done. Now for Fox's new look, all I can say is "IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!" :laugh: Couldn't resist! :chuckle:

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Zelda looks A LOT better in Twilight Princess (in my opinion.) Her face is prettier and more realistic (whereas her Melee form was pointy noise, pale complection.) Her new look definetly separates her from Peach, with the pale rose colored dress and dirty blonde hair (in Melee, the two shared relatively the same color scheme.)

Zelda sported a pretty nifty bow and arrow in Twilight Princess, let's hope she gets to use that.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu and Pichu are species of pokemon... >_>
Nitpicy fixing. The singular of a species of Pokemon is also its own plural. The same goes for the word "Pokemon" itself.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people go "Pikachus," or, much more infamous and dreaded, "Pokemans."

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I know how we all love to read about the endless debate on if Samus will transform into Zamus, but I just thought of something, and yes, I'm going to tell you.

Why isn't Shiek a seperate character from Zelda?

Because in the game, Zelda transforms into Shiek. Therefore it is fitting, and proper that Zelda does so in Smash, in order to keep the character true.

Why won't Zamus be a seperate caracter from Samus?

Because in every Metroid game, Samus transforms into Zamus. As well as in MP2, wich is what they're basing the character's appearance off of.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
where's everyone getting the "It's over 9000" from anyway? keep hearing it everywhere, little confused...

why must we keep debating over the alleged "transformation" between Samus and Zamus. something is bound to show up sooner or later.

Rash

Smash Ace
Zamus isn't just Samus without her armor, you know.

The reason it's called the Zero Suit is loosely because it was first showcased as Samus' under-covering in Metroid ZERO Mission, which in fact released months before Prime 2.

I haven't played Zero Mission in a while. Do they show Zamus up close in that game? If not, then I'd definitely at least say that Zamus' hair was inspired from MP2, but that's it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Ergh, not the place to talk about Samus/Zamus. At least wait until smashbros.com says more about Zamus... you know, since, this is a thread about smashbros.com.
Seems like there'd be more people talking about the picture with Samus landing with a partially charged shot or something. No speculation about mixing Samus with the new moving/shooting controls? Maybe she now charges up shots midair instead of just shooting off whatever is charged, or maybe it maintains the charging graphic even when it isn't actively charging?

Also... has
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic01.html
always had those pictures with the percentage levels and the character pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom