• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Stryks said:
If I remember correctly, he said: under certain conditions she'll lose the suit (yes I know bowserlick, just here me out) and will lose stamina and power, and then something about gaining speed, something like that, why would he compare the stats if it was just a plain seperate character? u dont c him compare pits aerial abilities with metaknights, even if theyre the same person he wouldnt compare them unless obcourse its a transformation, which Im sure it is...
He compares them because they are the same person , but NOT the same characters. Young Link is also compared to Link on his trophy, it says he's weaker but faster etc.

And why are you that convinced that they are the same character if you know that Dr. Mario & Mario are different characters, as are Young Link & Link? Did Mario eat a pill to change into Doc? Did Link play his Ocarina to become Young Link? No. So it's not impossible to have 2 characters that are the same person, but different playable characters.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think a lot of the main complaints about having Dr.Mario and Y.Link is more because they are the clones as well as being the same character. Personally, I never had much of a problem having the same character twice, and I'd doubt most people would mind as long as they played differently. Not to mention that there is quite a bit of support for Paper Mario and WW Link, largely on the assumption that if they are included they'll play differently.

Though Bowserlick has brought up an interesting point about Morph characters. Zelda/Sheik seem to have been designed that they could be used alongside each other, seeing as how Sheik racks up damage and Zelda is used for the kill. However, Samus has been solo (in more ways than one) for 2 games now, and has established a style. Therefore, adding a transformation for her is pretty pointless, as she works fine on her own, and chances are they'll make sure that ZS Samus can cope on her own too. As Bowserlick points out, in the end people decided to stick to either Zelda or Sheik (mainly Sheik), rather than use them together. So really, there seems little point in having Samus and ZS Samus transform when in the end people are just going to use one or the other.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
they'll be different (separate) characters. i dont care what anyone says.
I'm with you on that one, They should know how much the last one was to the tournament scene. Making a character not useable from the beginning would crush that character's chances of being in tournament play exponentially.

Croco

Smash Lord
There is no point argueing about if Samus and Zamus will be seperate or not.
The decision has probably already been made.. so why complain?
Sakurai and his team have probably decided the best balanced way for it to work.. so I would not worry about it so much.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
sakurai has said it himself. "under certain "conditions", samus will remove her power suit" with that said, samus and zero suit samus will be one character. zero suit samus wont take up a spot on the character select screen. think about this, if you are playing as samus and you reach these "condidtions", you turn into zero suit samus, right? thats all there is to it. as for those certain "conditions" we have yet to learn about that.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ohh can we please just forget about this until next week. This is getting anoying and half the people arguing will probably never lay hands on either of the characters anyway. We can't say what will happen so just stop asuming so much stuff.(two cents)
By the way hellsoldierx15, can't wait to train with you in that crew.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
agreed. wait until we are given the info, then discuss. we have little information as it is to argue anything right now

as for my two cents, i think the transformation will be a button combo or a taunt, that way no moves are taken and it's easy to switch back and forth

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I agree with the taunt idea, the button combo... not so much. I'd prefer them to be separate altogether though.

What difference is it going to make if she has a box with a picture in it? If they remove that box and just make her a transformation that won't free up a space, because that's a character they worked on. I think the whole 'it wastes a space' theory is moot.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
Ohh can we please just forget about this until next week. This is getting anoying and half the people arguing will probably never lay hands on either of the characters anyway. We can't say what will happen so just stop asuming so much stuff.(two cents)
By the way hellsoldierx15, can't wait to train with you in that crew.
i was just sharin my opinion (no johns)

i look forward to it, creo.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Because that's the only time he gets to get someone translate these boards while he laughs his *** off at our speculations.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure we'll have all the newcomers by E3, including snake, seeing how we have run out of veteran confirmed characters, im diying to know metaknights and snakes b moves XD

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
it would be cool if you unlocked Zamus by doing Samus's FS Once in battle but then you could select Zamus at the beginning of a match

I

i8waffles612

He did say that she remove he power suit.

but things can change right?

Shuma

Smash Hero
It could be a bad translation. Or perhaps he meant that under certain conditions you unlock Z. Samus(Under Certain Conditions, she removes her Suit). Just with Diferent words.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Christ, there's way too much talk about Samus going on... Can't we talk about something else? Like butterflies?

How about trophies? Do you guys think that trophies should make a return, or something else? Personally, I LOVE the trophies in Melee, and I would cry if they didn't make it into Brawl.

~Dac

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Christ, there's way too much talk about Samus going on... Can't we talk about something else? Like butterflies?

How about trophies? Do you guys think that trophies should make a return, or something else? Personally, I LOVE the trophies in Melee, and I would cry if they didn't make it into Brawl.
What's this have to do with the smashbros site again?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Hmm, well unless I'm mistaken, both "Brawl" and "Melee" are actually referring to these games called "Super Smash Bros. Melee" and "Super Smash Bros. Brawl." It's ok if you haven't heard of them. Anyway, this site, Smashbros.com, is currently featuring weekday updates. Now, I'm a big fan of trophies. They're in Super Sma... (you know what? Don't worry about it.) Anyway, I was hoping that these "trophies" would make a return in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and such information might appear on the aforementioned Smashbros.com site.

I could see how you'd be confused, though.

[/sarcasm]

~Dac

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever realized that the Super Smash Bros. storyline makes absolutely.no.sense.?
You fight hands as the final boss, you're dolls in the first version, and then trophies in the second... personally, I think it'd be awesome if the game just included information.

No trophies, dolls, etc.
"Congratulations, you've unlocked Mario's biography!" or something like that.
Yeah...

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Have you ever realized that the Super Smash Bros. storyline makes absolutely.no.sense.?
You fight hands as the final boss, you're dolls in the first version, and then trophies in the second... personally, I think it'd be awesome if the game just included information.

No trophies, dolls, etc.
"Congratulations, you've unlocked Mario's biography!" or something like that.
Yeah...
while you mention it .. yeah
I don't know.. the hands represent the fan since he bring the dolls(64) and the trophies(melee) to life ..and made them battle each other.:mad:
but..after you won against the hands..does the Nintendo characters attack the fan and kill him after you finish the game??:chuckle:

sakurai has said it himself. "under certain "conditions", samus will remove her power suit" with that said, samus and zero suit samus will be one character. zero suit samus wont take up a spot on the character select screen. think about this, if you are playing as samus and you reach these "condidtions", you turn into zero suit samus, right? thats all there is to it. as for those certain "conditions" we have yet to learn about that.

That is still invalid.Even though Sakurai stated that her suit will be removed under special conditions,that doesn't mean he specified any manner in which to remove it,or even if it involves battle.I believe that he is using colorful language to say that she will be unlocked by saying"Under certain conditions,Samus will remove her power suit".

Most people tie this quote with trailer and make an assumption in thinking that the suit will be removed via item.Does anyone think that it's only a cinematic for a unique intoduction to the character.Zamus couldn't really transform as Shiek could,for she would have to desicrate her armor to do so.

And also,Final Smahs transformations owuldn't work because the character would have to usable by everyone.Limiting her to people which use items is a bad idea.

I think everyone is putting too much emphasis on a cinematic rather than looking at a realistic option.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Most people ignore the realistic options, though. Looking at the trailer, Samus charages her beam so much that the blast blows off her suit. Well...maybe in SSBB you charge it up the a full blast (in terms of SSBM's charge beam) and, after, say, a second of charging it past that (without any effect on its size, shape, or damage dealt; storing it would reset the time to when it fully charged to SSBM fully charged strength), it overcharges and shoots that large beam from the trailer and you're ZSS. Sure, it takes a couple seconds to do, but if they add the option to start as ZSS then it shouldn't be an issue. And it doesn't have to be permanent; after awhile that pink think on ZSS' back could turn green and then...you do a move and you're Samus again.

Or...you could charge a bomb as Samus until you get a stronger bomb and that does uber damage but rids Samus of her suit. Then you just do what I said for the previous example and there you go.

I realise I'm basing the means in the first example off of an FMV but Pit's arrows (curviness and all) turned out to be an actual move and Meta Knight's invisibility cloak move doesn't seem that far fetched.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
blahblahblah
Sorry for thinking that a thread about updates on a website would have discussion about information on the website.

As I recall, your post had nothing to do with the site nor did it have to do with the discussion currently stemming from updates on the site. Sure, in your sarcasm laden post afterward you half-assedly related your post to the topic.

This really isn't a thread about speculation on what's going to be put into the game. If you want to discuss trophies then find one of the many threads created about them.

Yes. I am confused. Confused on why someone would try to change a topic that pertains to the thread into something completely unrelated.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I know there's been a lot of arguement on the Zamus change. But I was just wondering how Zamus would change back into Samus, if she even could.

Would you have to go around the stage picking up your armor pieces or do you just somehow press a button and she changes.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well that is exactly the point on why they may be seperate. If the final smash actually did transform the character, you wouldn't be able to go back at all. That said, it will be a transformation in some way or the highly speculated and wanted seperate characters.

I

i8waffles612

Im actually happy you can do Final Smash only once a game.

Do you guys think Final Smash will be allowed in tournaments?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well...I don't know. It may be a possibilty for the item tournament and would definitely pump battles up. Plus, it would only be used once so I don't see why not. I think they will include them and still have originals as well.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If it's an item, no. All you'd have to do is grab the final smash and you basically own your opponent with little to no effort.

P.S. All of the ideas about ZSS turning back to Samus [and vice versa] sound stupid so far. It should have absolutely nothing to do with the Final Smash, you can only do that once and you won't necessarily get it at the beginning [or the middle] of the match.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Though it would demolish your opponent with no effort, it is only used once. As I said, I think they will have those and regular tournaments(not likely for them because of items)but we will have to see.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
If it's an item, no. All you'd have to do is grab the final smash and you basically own your opponent with little to no effort.

P.S. All of the ideas about ZSS turning back to Samus [and vice versa] sound stupid so far. It should have absolutely nothing to do with the Final Smash, you can only do that once and you won't necessarily get it at the beginning [or the middle] of the match.
I highly disagree with the Final Smash being that overpowered. I'm pretty much positive it's possible to avoid each and everyone of them. Heck, maybe even counter them.

And I still say people are thinking too much into Sakurai's words and that trailer.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree that some if not all final smashes are avoidable. Like Mario's , just stand behind him or under him(if he is on a platform or in the air).

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
The Samus / Zamus transfermation should be triggered by the taunt, so that all of Samus' original moves will be kept. Or, Zamus could be a completely different character :)
Who knows, both ways work for me though.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
That is still invalid.Even though Sakurai stated that her suit will be removed under special conditions,that doesn't mean he specified any manner in which to remove it,or even if it involves battle.I believe that he is using colorful language to say that she will be unlocked by saying"Under certain conditions,Samus will remove her power suit".

Most people tie this quote with trailer and make an assumption in thinking that the suit will be removed via item.Does anyone think that it's only a cinematic for a unique intoduction to the character.Zamus couldn't really transform as Shiek could,for she would have to desicrate her armor to do so.

And also,Final Smahs transformations owuldn't work because the character would have to usable by everyone.Limiting her to people which use items is a bad idea.

I think everyone is putting too much emphasis on a cinematic rather than looking at a realistic option.
i never stated any specific manner to which she removes it, all i said is that she'd most likely be one character. im just saying look at it plain and simple. thats what im going by. you said it yourself.

but enough of that.

i also disagree with the talk that the Final Smash is overpowered. if its overpowering, then i dont see any point in fighting. you might as well stand there and wait for the Smash Orb, because obviously there are people that think that whoever gets the Orb will win the match. i dont think so.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Hellsoldier I agree with you 100%. People are looking way too hard into this seperate character thing. The simple facts that have been provided thus far attest to the fact that they are single - if you don't work your mind around every little detail - which is to me, ********.

When Zamus is revealed to be part of the Samus character, I will laugh.

When this mechanic adds merit and play value to Samus' character, and people love it, I will also laugh.

Also to the peope that think Final Smash will be OP, well.... it probably will be. But keep in mind that the hammer from Melee is pretty imba, but there's a chance you can dodge it, and it depends on how decent the enemy is with it. I think final smashes will be pretty powerful - as they should be, it's a single item drop up for grabs - but I doubt it will be the determining factor of the match.

Besides, items are just for fun.

BentoBox

Smash Master
1. You can simply uncheck SOs if they bother u that much
2. Most won't be playing with items anyways
3. You guys are drama-whores

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ugh, there's so much confusion, and most of it is due to the translation. "Under certain conditions." why doesn't he just say it, "Samus and ZS Samus are diffrent characters, taking up two character slots and you unlock her by etc." or "To change into ZS Samus, select Samus and do etc."

Sakurai makes things too broad for us to figure things out. i still love him, the bas****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom