• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Samus looking nice (as always). Her model is definately updated s it looks more like her Metroid Prime model, and she looks better for it.
Also, not a Zamus transformation in sight. Hurry up and make them seperate Sakurai!

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised you can't see her face through the visor. Oh well. She still looks amazing compared to before.

Every one was like, "Maybe she can charge while crawling????"

I wonder if she goes into Morph Ball mode when she crawls...

...naaaah.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I must agree, those pictures kick much ***.

In addition...Samus' crawl being the Morph Ball? Would be interesting.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman

I'm surprised more people don't ask about this.

It looks like her Foward A in the air from Melee, but man it looks strange. More of a charge-shot-style explosion rather than a regular firey explosion.

GenG

Smash Lord
They changed the fire bursts to plasma bursts, which are more plausible (Samus shooting fire? wut?). That will apply to dtilt and usmash too.

I'm glad to see that Samus hasn't changed too much. They should decrease a bit the knockback of the super missiles (too much for that speed and reach), but the rest is OK. Samus was one of the most balanced characters in Melee.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Seriously, I didn't realize how sh*tty SSB64 Samus looked until I look at that comparison. Hell, SSBM Samus looks crappy compared to the new one!

Who said Wii wasn't a graphics powerhouse? =P

~Dac
lol,
In smash64 Kirby was no Circle he was a Octagon

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I have to agree with everyone and say that these Samus screenshots look incredible; even if you're not a Samus player, those look fantastic.

As for the Zamus bit, you just KNOW that Sakurai meant to do this to have everyone chomp at the bit a little more, so you still can't assume anything, and we'll just have to wait for Zamus' profile to know the correlation...or will he leave it out of that too?

As for the grapplebeam/charge picture, my vote goes for keeping a charge. With Melee just having a little twinkle, you know Brawl's gonna have to make it look better, anyway. Besides, starting a grapple beam in that position would be futile...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have a gut feeling that Zamus will have shieks move-set, the gun whip thing can be used just like the way shiek uses he chain whip

I have a gut feeling that Zamus will have shieks move-set, the gun whip thing can be used just like the way shiek uses he chain whip
Not this again. -_-

Why do people insist that they found a coorelation between the two characters.

I really get tired of hearing "OMG Shiek ****" and "OMG gun whip".

Ok...just to clarify something:

2 tilits doesn't=Shiek

Beam whip(Which is actually a sword,it only curves slighty when swung) doesn't=Shiek.

Who knows,that"whip" could be part of her move set insted of a special move.We don't know.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's just a assumption, Are you PMSing you seem very angry.
I don't know shieks moves that well i'm not a shiek user so i have no idea what the *beep* your saying -_-;;

NukeA6

Smash Master
That is, no doubt, the Metroid Prime Samus. Seeing this, I hope there's a metallic pallete for Ridley. Maybe we'll have a Phazon mine stage as well.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Ha, well i was completely wrong about not getting a samus update this Friday. I wish that there was more to this update however, instead of just "her cannon has different abilities" oh really, thanks a lot.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It also seems to whiplash in the trailer iirc. Maybe it fluctuates and is strait for some attacks while it flexes for others.

Still, Samus is looking nicely detailed, putting it's melee form to shame. The suit actually looks metallic now.

Now that all the veterans shown (well, of the ones that have been confirmed), so I guess we can expect a newcomer update pretty soon.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Well, although this doesn't clear up the Zamus/Samus issue, it does give more proof to the "their separate" theory than to the "they're the same" theory. I hope we get a Zamus update tomorrow Monday. I hate weekends.

EDIT: Zamus can't have Shiek's moveset. Watch the second trailer; it shows her down air and dash attack.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
samus looks amazing today. sakurai said shiny, and all i saw was shiny.

so finally we see samus in action. i noticed her power beam, very cool looking. it also looked like she was about to fire a missile in the 3rd pic. wish we could of seen it. oh and her aerial forward a on link. again nice fire effects.

so hopefully soon we get info on the other characters. but who knows maybe sakurai will surprise us by giving us more veterans before any more newcomers

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Maybe it shouldn't be in this topic, but could anyone record the Nintendo World trailer from the SSBB site? I only have the 'live' recording at Nintendo World so it's less good quality as the one on the site. Either post it here or send it to me by PM please.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I was thinking about Samus' grapple beam right now, and I know that in the Prime series that Samus uses the grapple beam with her left arm (non-arm cannon), as opposed to the old games and the SSB series where the beam came out of her arm cannon. I wonder if Sakurai will make that small change. If so, it would make things interesting, IMO. It would be awesome grappling your opponent and shooting them with small power beam blasts at the same time.

EDIT: Well, after looking at the pics again, I don't see the attachment on Samus' left arm anywhere. Oh well. Who knows, it may turn up and surprise us.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Well, although this doesn't clear up the Zamus/Samus issue, it does give more proof to the "their separate" theory than to the "they're the same" theory. I hope we get a Zamus update tomorrow Monday. I hate weekends.

EDIT: Zamus can't have Shiek's moveset. Watch the second trailer; it shows her down air and dash attack.
I would say it does. Samus character profile is under 'veteran fighters' the first trailer labled ZSamus as a 'newcomer'. It's very unlikely they would make you use Samus to transform and remove one of her moves. This is of course based off of Doc/Mario.

Samus crawl will be the morph ball I command it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wow this is by far my favorite update, well maybe 2nd next to the final smash update, I dont use samus, but after seeing these pics I may start using her again :p besides metroid is my favorite series and samus looks AWESOME...

BEST WEEK... EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom