• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I was so close.

Well, at least we know regular Samus is confirmed! Even though she was in the Nintendo Power Smash Files... Yea, this isn't the best Friday update. ;_;

At least all the Vets are cleared. RELEASE WARIO NAO.

VA

Smash Hero
This update is sick as you like, we haven't seen in game Samus prior to this. She's hotter than Zamus in her power suit lawl.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Not quite the update I was looking for on a Friday, but it'll do, especially because I'm a Samus player. <3

Looks like Samus got rid of those child-bearing hips she had in Melee. =P

In that second picture, does it look like Samus is able to aim her arm-cannon now? That would be pretty intense.

~Dac

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Interesting note about the Samus update: They didn't Put "Samus/Zero Suit Samus" or "Samus" and then "Zero Suit Sames". They only put Samus.

More hope for non-transforming Samus!

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. &quot;The South Ya'
LMAO Zerio Suit Samus.

Also, LEATHER LIKE MATERIALS
So the Zerio Suit is leather like? Dude, blue leather rocks. XD

Really though, I believe Zamus to be another costume like thing for Samus. Think about this: you go to the character select screen, highlight Samus, push a button (Z?) and Samus' icon switches to Zamus'. That way Zamus won't take up a space "truly" and other characters could be handled like this too (EX: Mario = Doctor Mario, Link = Young Link. Just examples though, not saying Doc will be in or anything.) What about that?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I'd say this definitely swings the situation towards separate characters. It seems like if she transformed by some means, they would have released both characters today, and maybe even revealed how. A transformation is still possible (having seen bombs, right?), but less likely.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Samus looks so out of place on Delfino, lolz. In the fourth pic it looks like she is using/used her grapple. Maybe to grab the ledge.
I was actually impressed at how she doesn't really look out of place. Good job with the graphics.

So... yay, Samus!

...leather like materials. =o

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Seriously, I didn't realize how sh*tty SSB64 Samus looked until I look at that comparison. Hell, SSBM Samus looks crappy compared to the new one!

Who said Wii wasn't a graphics powerhouse? =P

~Dac
The 64 one really DOES look bad. Crap. Funny how I though that the N64 was so advanced ten years ago....

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Though you really can't blame past technology because of its inferior abilities that new consoles have.

PLus WHOOT!!! SAMUS

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I didn't realize how sh*tty SSB64 Samus looked until I look at that comparison. Hell, SSBM Samus looks crappy compared to the new one!

Who said Wii wasn't a graphics powerhouse? =P

~Dac
Lolz, I played SSB64 today and was like "OMG, I used to think that these graphics were awesome." lolz. Also note on the SSBM screen shot that Samus is left handed, or the pic was mirrored.

BTW, leather...like......materials....

I had to, lolz

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Also note on the SSBM screen shot that Samus is left handed, or the pic was mirrored.
Yeah, the only one I could find on short notice was Samus pointing to the right, and for comparison's sake, I flipped the image. Good catch! =P

Seriously, look at that sh*t-tastic Halo 3 shot compared to the new Samus. Now, that was mainly done for comedy, but to be honest, Samus does look **** good, compared to anything.

~Dac

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the only one I could find on short notice was Samus pointing to the right, and for comparison's sake, I flipped the image. Good catch! =P

Seriously, look at that sh*t-tastic Halo 3 shot compared to the new Samus. Now, that was mainly done for comedy, but to be honest, Samus does look **** good, compared to anything.

~Dac
I see, that's what I thought, lolz. About Halo 3, I've seen gameplay and it looks a little bit less as good as metroid prime 3 and SSBB to me. Though I have to say, Halo is a great game, though I've only played the first one for a week.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's a pretty good game. But this just really goes to show you... The Wii can have some effing nice visuals. Samus never looked so good! (Except maybe in leather...like...materials.....)

On a different note, I hope to God that by some chance, they leave the Super Wavedash in for Samus. I actually use that about 3-5 times each match, and it works great for freaking my opponent out. It's just one of those "WTF" kind of things that always catches your opponent offguard, even if they've seen you do it many times before.

~Dac

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Methinks she just landed and has her gun fully charged. Maybe she's just ducking as well.
I think the same thing, I brought it up in the other update topic. Every one was like, "Maybe she can charge while crawling????" Lolz!

Yeah, it's a pretty good game. But this just really goes to show you... The Wii can have some effing nice visuals. Samus never looked so good! (Except maybe in leather...like...materials.....)

On a different note, I hope to God that by some chance, they leave the Super Wavedash in for Samus. I actually use that about 3-5 times each match, and it works great for freaking my opponent out. It's just one of those "WTF" kind of things that always catches your opponent offguard, even if they've seen you do it many times before.

~Dac
Yeah, IMO, I think that SSBB is just scratching the surface (cliche!) of the Wiis graphics. You don't need raw power for great graphics, just tricks that make them look good, like nomal mapping and stuff.

Super wavedash? I've never seen that, do you like go very far or fast or what? lolz

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I doubt the shots of Brawl's actual gameplay will look nearly as good as these shots on the site. Just compare the videos to how they look in these pics. They're Photoshopped'd the f*cked up.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Samus looks amazing, great to see screenshots of her, just wow..i really like how samus looks haha..
Your completely and utterly and wholly (redundant?) right, though Zamus is a sight to behold as well. Can anyone say leather like material????

XD

The character models on the game are all top notch, can't wait to see the rest of the stuff like the intro, menu, and the other stages.

Well, I best be gettin to sleep, 3 am here. Gotta get up early and play Sanitarium and TNT on my guitar cause I want to. lolz

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Well you could always go watch the videos and compare them to these screen shots, even though the videos are pretty old

I doubt the shots of Brawl's actual gameplay will look nearly as good as these shots on the site. Just compare the videos to how they look in these pics. They're Photoshopped'd the f*cked up.

Those video's are six months apart from the pictures.Not to mention the game is near completion as it is,so it's possible.

When I first saw Galaxy,My friend was like"****,Super Mario Galaxy's graphics are epic".I responded "Are you sure you were playing the Wii?".I didn't believe him because I spent my day in the main hall at E3 testing out other stuff.Then the next day I went to the east hall and went to the Nintendo booth.I had to wait for about 30 min. But I played Galaxy.And the visuals were amazing as they were.

Nintendo released a second traler at GSC,and it looked even better than it did when it was at E3.Over time,graphics can be touched up with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom