• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Smash character you hate?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Snake.

From the least competitive aspect possible; I'm a major casual***. He just really doesn't have a place in Smash.

srk99

Smash Cadet
I hate Zero Suit Samus. Its illogical the ZS is better than normal Samus. It was an intreasting concept except for the fact ZS is a naked Samus. It just makes no sense...

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Sonic- The whole Mario vs. Sonic thing would've been awesome to fight it out on Brawl... IF ONLY SONIC HAD A GOOD FIGHTING MOVE. He runs fast enough, his Up-B is high enough. Why are all his other moves speedy and floaty too? Disappointing.
I disagree. Although he does have smashes w/ not enough knockback in my opinion, his moveset to an extent is fitting. It's also very convenient that he has quite a few moves he can use to mind game his opponents. Even so, I really do wish he had more kill power and his smashes weren't as laggy. (though with enough skill/experience that small obstacle can be overcome)

at any rate I swear one of these days I'll post some of mine and Pokemon Trainer Red's Matches, we have some beast mode wire to wire Mascot matches XD
Snake- Encourages camping, no physical moves whatsoever, the box is his only redeeming feature in my eyes.
I only disagree with "no physical moves whatsoever" there, have you seen his tilts lately? O.o not to mention his D-throw isn't techable(and is in the MGS video games), wombo combo anyone? maybe a free Jablock for Sonic, Falco(laser lock) etc. At any rate, I still hate that his tilts are so ridiculously disjointed, (utilt anyone?)
Wario- For fighting purposes, he's pretty bad/overrated; other than that, he makes matches pretty fun.
I wouldn't say he's bad, though maybe doesn't quite deserve his spot on the tier list, but his aerial speed, broken fsmash, good recovery w/ bike, waft, and UPB(combined), along with decent damaging aerials w/ sadly low priority make him overall imo a good character though if he didn't have the aerial speed he does I definitely don't think he'd be anywhere as good as he is.
Now for the number 1 character I hate..... META KNIGHT. He's too overpowered, some major nerfs better happen for SSB4.
I Very Much Agree. Ban MetaKnight plz. lol. amazing recovery, spammable dsmash, too many difficult to punish moves, the only down side really is that he's lightweight, and that if he mistakenly uses a b move too high in the air it's very punishable.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
For the characters themselves just Poocas and Martha. Not like hate hate, I don't like Marth and Lucas almost replaced Ness and he's a whiny little ***** and stuff. I think I even play better against Poocas just because I don't like him. ArmPit too, his voice is so annoying and he prances around, no homophobe. He should've been cool like in Kid Icarus.

As for how they play, anybody if they're ghey or annoying enough sometimes. Idk, it depends. Diddy, chaingrabbing/campy Falcos, Meta-Knight, Snake (not always though, my Ganon grapes this matchup and makes it pretty fun tbh, a few other chars are also fun to use against him), Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Wario, Marth, Pit, etc.

But that's Brawl for ya, I'm not complaining or being against it, thats just the way so many people decide to play or just the characters' playstyles. So in a way I don't hate those characters for it, nor the game. I just choose to not play gheyly as much as possible.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
I hate the characters with ridiculous hit boxes.

as in:
Snake
DK
Lucas
Ivysaur
Zelda
Pikachu
Rob
Ike
Pit

you know the one where their huge hit box cancels out your attack? And apparently that takes "skill"

JOE!

Smash Hero
the only one there that deseveres to be there is snake...

his hitboxes are huge for NO REASON....*points to utilt vs Fox photo earlier*

same deal with Marth's up smash....the side hitboxes of that are like the length of ganon's Ftilt

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
64: Never played it but the only characters I would even consider using in that game are Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Captian Falcon and maybe Kirby.

Melee:
Zelda/Sheik
1. Hate Legend of Zelda Characters
2. Sheik is MEGA overrated
3. Sheik is so gay to play against

Brawl
Snake
1. Don't like his character or his games
2. Hate his fighting style
3. how the hell is he so fast, so strong and some moves don't even make sense why they hit

Lucario
1. He replaced Mewtwo

Zelda/Sheik
1. Leftover hate from Melee

Ike
1. He replace Roy(yes Roy sucks and is like mega bottom but I really liked him)
2. All new people always immediately use him making him really overused.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Lucario - shouldn't have replaced Mewtwo
Lucas - annoying
MK - HATE how he manipulates the tier

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Brawl
Snake
1. Don't like his character or his games
2. Hate his fighting style
3. how the hell is he so fast, so strong and some moves don't even make sense why they hit
Sorry to ask, but have you even played Metal Gear Solid? I can understand camping and how annoying that is, but that's just Nintendo screwing up a good character. Brawl Snake is a fail, it's the reason why so many people hate him. If he used more CQC that would be better, along with better textures of course.
Metal Gear Solid isn't a bad game actually, very good. I hope you didn't judge his games by looking at his Brawl appearence, very, very bad thing to do.

Brawl: Snake
I'd be fine with snake if he werent so poorly designed...
This is exactly what I am talking about. It's the reason I use Falcon when I have hacks off, other than that, on offline match I use whatever, MGS4 Snake or my custom MGS:TTS Snake, but I agree, I would like him better if his textures wern't so lame.
Best thing to do is get texture hacks like me and ignore his default look.

-----------------------------------

The only character I really hate is Mario, not the player controling him, but when his CPU is on 9. At that, he's like a beast. He usually knows everything your going to do and has good match-ups against everyone. No other CPU is like that.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hate Zero Suit Samus. Its illogical the ZS is better than normal Samus. It was an intreasting concept except for the fact ZS is a naked Samus. It just makes no sense...
Considering classic fighting game mechanics it makes perfect sense lol.

She's faster, more agile, and has less lag on her moves.

Pretty much always holds true for being good in a fighter, even if Smash is unique. >.<

Limeee

Smash Champion
this game would be campy and boring if it weren't for the MKs taking out all the gay characters

anyone who hates snake should just learn the match up, honestly he is such trash compared to some of the high tiers (MK diddy falco marth maybe even IC's)
i hate sonic IMO
if he was a good character he would be the gayest high tier lmao, falco is also pretty boring :(
:009:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I hate Sonic's moveset. It's stupid and unoriginal, and half his move animations are spins. I mean seriously, that's incredibly boring.

I think ROB is just a weird character who doesn't have the same cool nostalgia feel as G&W, despite not actually liking G&W either.

I hate how Metaknight was designed, though some of that is flaws of Brawl itself.

Roy and Mewtwo were given horrible movesets. Pichu is bad, but for some reason it's really those two that just take the cake for me. I would have wanted all of them back in Brawl though - their exclusion was stupid.

Speaking of, Lucario is a poor-man's Mewtwo. And he's a floaty steel type! I mean, seriously.

And I'm disappointed that for Wario, they went the pedophile route of Warioware instead of the greedy anti-Mario route of the Wario Lands games. I hate how his moves look, especially the animations that look like they play at 6FPS.

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for reviving this blog to let us know that.
well since its revived.....:awesome:

Samus is the most annoying ****** ** ***** *** ****** character ever. More so zero suit samus i cannot stand. In melee i can handle samus but in brawl zero suit and samus are the most annoying characters ive ever played in ANY video game :glare:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
well since its revived.....:awesome:

Samus is the most annoying ****** ** ***** *** ****** character ever. More so zero suit samus i cannot stand. In melee i can handle samus but in brawl zero suit and samus are the most annoying characters ive ever played in ANY video game :glare:
Clearly you've never played a good MK or Falco. Or Snake. Or just about anyone not named Samus.

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
Clearly you've never played a good MK or Falco. Or Snake. Or just about anyone not named Samus.
I have i have but no one compares to how annoying Z samus is to me. That stun gun bull**** and whip nonsense makes me heated.....meta knight and falco are another story :awesome:

Edit : everyone in brawl is annoying, i play diddy so annoying is in my game lol, some more then others, but zsamus just hits that nerve haha

Reckage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1564-4002-7302
Meta knight.

His recovery is WAYYYY too good.

And he can spam attacks way too much.

Get rid of him next SSB please.

Brawlist

Smash Rookie
Link Samus Marth

Well i like to play as Link, Samus, and some times Marth. I really hate Mr Game and Watch cause hes cheep like olimar.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hate Brawl Kirby, but everyone knows that.

link2702

Smash Champion
brawl Ice climbers easily

Metaknight a close second.

but still.

not only do you have to change your entire playstyle against an IC, but should you make one **** up and get grabbed, you almost always lose a stock.

Its a boring, frustrating matchup that you have to pretty much stick strictly to the ledge and camp off that, least with my character it is.

EDIT: dang what the fook?

dis blog's last post was sometime in 2010 before brawlist posted.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Brawl's Tink has always been my least favorite. A lot of them fight really gay. But then again, using him also has its benefits.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Lets see who I hate
peach peach peach peach peach peach peach peach peach
zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda
fox fox fox fox fox

and jigglypuff
die just die nobody likes you why didnt you die in melee you are fail

By the way MK isnt a problem i two stocked MK lvl 9 cpu with ganon and i only took 40% damage anyone who wants the replay PM me

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I can't stand Zero Suit Samus.

I can't stand Pikachu.

I can't stand Zelda.

I can't stand Random Select.

I can't stand Diddy Kong.

I can't stand Giga Bowser.

I can't stand Meta Knight (Nah, I love to face him with my :ganondorf:)

I can't stand Samus.

I can't stand Goombas.

I can't stand Lucas.

I can't stand Luigi. (Especially the level 9 computer)

I HATE :rob:

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Really dislike MK. He's a problem to which there is no solution. And you have to camp him. It's no fun.

In Melee, really can't stand Puff. Her concept is just silly. Can die at 60% with a good prediction, but rest is practically a one-hit-kill. And the fight STILL lasts 5 minutes.
Marth also ticks me off, Melee and Brawl. Too much range, random tippers everywhere, and his Melee Fsmash? How did the creators not see how spammy that could be? Plus he can CG Falco in both Melee and Brawl.

Top Bottom