• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What matches do you want to see?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I want to be apart of a great fight. I don't care who it is against I want to be apart of a match or set that is talked about for years to come. After that I'll retire;).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mango wont bring her out. He knows thats it'll be an autolose againt his Ylink
Mango also hates campy matchups... and im glad he does
Am I the only person who doesn't think Armada will bring out Ylink against Mango? I mean, he specifically learned Ylink to combat Hbox, and while Ylink has many good things against Puff, I don't think that Mango would be at all liable to make the same mistakes against Armada that Hbox has been making, and I think Armada realizes this.

In any case...

Armada (Ylink) vs Hbox (Yoshi) :troll:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Am I the only person who doesn't think Armada will bring out Ylink against Mango? I mean, he specifically learned Ylink to combat Hbox, and while Ylink has many good things against Puff, I don't think that Mango would be at all liable to make the same mistakes against Armada that Hbox has been making, and I think Armada realizes this.

In any case...

Armada (Ylink) vs Hbox (Yoshi) :troll:
You are probably the only who thinks that. Armada can't beat Mango's Puff with Peach or anyone else, indeed YL is his only legitimate option.

Composeur

Smash Ace
You are probably the only who thinks that. Armada can't beat Mango's Puff with Peach or anyone else, indeed YL is his only legitimate option.
Spoken like a true top player...wait, who are you again?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Rule #69: "You do not back out of a MM or try to un-hype a MM yourself" =P
I'm not backing off. I just don't see the hype in it. Its more like a friendly then a MM.

The tournaments we have, we tend to stay quite and pay attention to certain aspects of that particular match.

I'm doing the MM but at the same time I don't see the hype in it. Crush said it himself. "We both suck at smash". My goal at apex is to learn from different players, play as much as I can and possibly make it to brackets.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I hold that Mango's Jiggs (assuming top condition) would handle Armada's Ylink. But that's my opinion.

Raynex (Fox) vs M2K (Fox)
Overtriforce (Sheik) vs Armada (Peach)
Mango (Falco/Fox) vs Dr. Peepee (Falco)

Those are all I can think of right now.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Something that would be somewhat funny and somewhat interesting to me would be Mango and Armada Marth dittos.
Wtf? That's really odd. But that gives me an idea.

Dr. Peepee(Marth) + Armada(Marth) vs Mango(Marth) + M2K(Marth) =D

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
hbox won't go yoshi or sheik. he's bad with other characters. No offense to him but ive played his other chars and my peach has 4 stocked them, he's strictly a puff main only, and I'd be really surprised to see him use any other character. I'm like 99% sure of this.

Mango won't team with me because he said there's no point and he wants to carry someone -.- and to think i paid his apex plane ticket! =(

MacD vs my marth has happened at pound5 in friendlies several times. He goes back and forth with my fox like 50 50 more or less, but my marth usually 3 stocked him at a high %. He's terrible vs marth compared to his other matchups that I have played him in. His 2nd worst matchup i played him in is peach dittos, since i 2 stocked him in a bunch of those

Armada

Smash Lord
Okay I haven´t seen MacD in all MUs but I think he is kinda good against Marth.

But you are awesome in that MU and I know that after all of our matches =)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mango won't team with me because he said there's no point and he wants to carry someone -.- and to think i paid his apex plane ticket! =(
that's soo gay lol
it makes sense, tho if armada and amsah were to team it'd only be fair if you and mango teamed lol

Armada

Smash Lord
Okay not that good.

But I think it´s not fair to compare with your other chars in many situations sience your Marth is better in that MU :p

Edit: Me and Amsah against M2k/Mango would be hella epic =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think he means, obv MacD is not as skilled generally than M2k.. MU has nothing to do with it. I mean I'm hella good vs plenty of characters but I lose generally because the player is better than me. Biased opinions are bad.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I think he means, obv MacD is not as skilled generally than M2k.. MU has nothing to do with it. I mean I'm hella good vs plenty of characters but I lose generally because the player is better than me. Biased opinions are bad.
That's not what he means at all. Did you not see where he said he goes even with M2K's fox? He specifically meant M2K's marth ***** MacD because of the matchup and how good M2K is at it, not because M2K is just better (which is also true).

THE WARRIOR

Armada

Smash Lord
My point was not that

I think if a person is way better in a MU than another and also is better with a special char then it is really hard to really see the "truth"

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's not what he means at all. Did you not see where he said he goes even with M2K's fox? He specifically meant M2K's marth ***** MacD because of the matchup and how good M2K is at it, not because M2K is just better (which is also true).

THE WARRIOR
Well you basically agreed with me then.

My point was not that

I think if a person is way better in a MU than another and also is better with a special char then it is really hard to really see the "truth"
I guess... but the level gap in all players is very big. It's tough to know...

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
armada's luigi v. hbox jiggs
armada's luigi v. mango's falcon.
There needs to be a low tier tourney side even at apex dammit.

Top Bottom